Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Pictures Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f115/)
-   -   Pulled over - no front LP (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f115/pulled-over-no-front-lp-103970.html)

livndlife 07-24-2011 07:43 AM

Pulled over - no front LP
 
Well. I knew it was bound to happen. Got pulled over for not having my front license plate. Now I have to find a bracket to attach to my SRC bumper. Gonna look ugly!!!!!! Any ideas in the best way to mount? Here's what my front looks like. Show me a pic of your LP attached to an aftermarket bumper.

livndlife 07-24-2011 07:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oops. Here's the pic

dale 3 07-24-2011 08:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That's why i pay for a vanity plate.Its just another mod to me that would have cost$$.Sucks you have to have one,so personalize it and you won't mind it on your JEEP?

Wally Meyers 07-24-2011 08:44 AM

:wavey: I have seen units on Mustangs and such where the plate lays flat right under the front end. When needed a button is pushed, the plate comes forward, and then goes in the upright position. Something like what 007 (James Bond) would have. I was going to get one for my Magnum R/T, but I traded in my Magnum R/T for a Wrangler I don't know the durability of of this unit if you go mudding. Just a thought.

incizion 07-24-2011 08:50 AM

Just Zip Tie it on there and call it a day :)

stimpy 07-24-2011 08:56 AM

I attached mine to the lower bar of the bumper. I got the right size muffler clamp, then drilled 2 holes in the plate and then bolted it in place with the supplied bolts and a few washers. It really needs to be re-enforced because the wind bends the plate but I don't care, its on there.
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/...senceplate.jpg

Jeepoffroad04 07-24-2011 08:56 AM

they make a bracket for the winch roller Krawlers Edge :: JEEP :: Recovery Gear :: Roller Fairlead License Plate Mounting Bracket, Rugged Ridge, Universal Application

livndlife 07-24-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpy
I attached mine to the lower bar of the bumper. I got the right size muffler clamp, then drilled 2 holes in the plate and then bolted it in place with the supplied bolts and a few washers. It really needs to be re-enforced because the wind bends the plate but I don't care, its on there.

Good idea. I'll look into the clamps

Vinny13 07-24-2011 09:37 AM

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/375...2188396615.jpg

kelly0 07-24-2011 09:55 AM

:dance:
score one for kansas....we don't need/get a front plate!

Jeepoffroad04 07-24-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly0
:dance:
score one for kansas....we don't need/get a front plate!

Lol x2 FL

Mykll 07-24-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny13 (Post 1404648)

Send some of that white stuff down to Texas. I've read in history books that the stuff is real cold and great for cooling off.

ClayL 07-24-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livndlife
Oops. Here's the pic

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpy
I attached mine to the lower bar of the bumper. I got the right size muffler clamp, then drilled 2 holes in the plate and then bolted it in place with the supplied bolts and a few washers. It really needs to be re-enforced because the wind bends the plate but I don't care, its on there.

Of first off ya both have the bumper that I want for my yj, and I like the look! And I'm for the zip tie idea. That's what alot of us wheelers do here in Colorado, or just run without and take the hit if need be, I think front LP are really dumb, had to go to court and fight a ticket because I got one in my old 350z that didn't come with a mount for it and I wasn't going to deface the value of the car by drilling into the bumper.

incizion 07-24-2011 11:06 AM

Zip ties are great! You can pull it off and on with a pair of scissors or a knife as often as youd like!

TJDave 07-24-2011 11:46 AM

Maglite flashlight clips.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...DSCN1965-1.jpg
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...DSCN1964-1.jpg

Kevinm2467 07-24-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally Meyers
:wavey: I have seen units on Mustangs and such where the plate lays flat right under the front end. When needed a button is pushed, the plate comes forward, and then goes in the upright position. Something like what 007 (James Bond) would have. I was going to get one for my Magnum R/T, but I traded in my Magnum R/T for a Wrangler I don't know the durability of of this unit if you go mudding. Just a thought.

I sold my 2005 magnum rt for a wrangler also.... Lol :-)

Charcoal2010 07-24-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incizion (Post 1404839)
Zip ties are great! You can pull it off and on with a pair of scissors or a knife as often as youd like!

Can't get any easier than that! :punk:

1997jeeptj 07-24-2011 12:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Zip tied mine, it looks pretty good if you ask me.

incizion 07-24-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1997jeeptj (Post 1405150)
Zip tied mine, it looks pretty good if you ask me.

Looks good and Too easy!

MattD 07-24-2011 12:53 PM

Used to live in New Joizey. 2 plates. Hard enough to read a plate as it's driving away after you get run over, let alone taking notes as it's approaching. Never understood the need for the front one (cop too lazy to walk around to the back, if writing a ticket?).

PA now and 1 plate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly0 (Post 1404675)
:dance:
score one for kansas....we don't need/get a front plate!


Netties-JK09 07-24-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly0
:dance:
score one for kansas....we don't need/get a front plate!

Ditto with Delaware!

Mikekaz1 07-24-2011 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mass was one plate. Now two. I bolted my push bumper right over my plate. It's 90%visible. Just enough for the numbers.

Scoob 07-24-2011 04:43 PM

There is really not much you could do to make a src bumper look any worse.

The winch roller option would probably look the best.

ClayL 07-24-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoob
There is really not much you could do to make a src bumper look any worse.

The winch roller option would probably look the best.

Why do you think the src looks bad? I like it

Scoob 07-24-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayL (Post 1405788)
Why do you think the src looks bad? I like it

Too me it looks like a big goofy basket that hangs off the front of the Jeep. That also offer little to no protection. It's only there for the "hardcore Look".
If you and others like by all means get you one, its why we have so many choices.

ClayL 07-24-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoob

Too me it looks like a big goofy basket that hangs off the front of the Jeep. That also offer little to no protection. It's only there for the "hardcore Look".
If you and others like by all means get you one, its why we have so many choices.

I can see where ya see that lol, I'm debating between that and the classic crawler on, haven't decided yet

Mikekaz1 07-24-2011 05:14 PM

Personally never cared for tube anything. Always seemed flimsy and soda can like. Needless to say I have a push bar on mine that incorporated two tubes. But hey you win some ya lose some. E

Scoob 07-24-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayL (Post 1405808)
I can see where ya see that lol, I'm debating between that and the classic crawler on, haven't decided yet

I would stay away from the src, or anything smittybilt for that matter.
All smittybilt stuff goes by the same quality standard, none.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...0/IMG_0058.jpg
Note how thick that tube is and how the high quality weld held up. A stock bumper would have protected his jeep much better. The bumper ripping the fender down caused more damage then the tree would have without the bumper.

TuckerTighe 07-24-2011 05:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I used four self tapping screws. That Isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

ClayL 07-24-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoob

I would stay away from the src, or anything smittybilt for that matter.
All smittybilt stuff goes by the same quality standard, none.

Note how thick that tube is and how the high quality weld held up. A stock bumper would have protected his jeep much better. The bumper ripping the fender down caused more damage then the tree would have without the bumper.

Dang that got bashed! Ya so src is out. So I'm either custom fabing mine of getting one if the like plate steel ones


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 AM.