Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

I know nothing about cars, answer my questions almighty garage gurus? :D

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  nregas1 
#1 ·
Okay, I have a 1987 Jeep YJ. There is this bumpy road (and I mean VERY bumpy) that I come down when I come home from school...I probably don't go as slow as I should. ;)

When I reach the end of it sometimes, at the stop sign, the jeep dies. At the end of the bumpy road...is there a reason for this? It only dies there, and not anywhere else, so far.

Second, I was low on oil the other day. I didn't have any real oil, I added some synthetic to the real oil, because I figured incompatible types was better than being low. Is there a problem with this? Should I get the oil changed ASAP?

Thanks for reading my post. :D

#2 ·
pull the top of your carb off and clean your bowls. i did this to mine aobut 2 weeks ago, and i cant belive it even ran. my guess would be that when you go down the bumpy road, it stirs up all the sediment in there. but i could be wrong.

as for the oil, i would say change it ASAP. Again, someone will chime in that knows more about oil.

andy

#4 ·
Some folks say synthetics will cause gaskets to shrink/deteriorate and fail. But the Mfg say it's safe on older vehs that have been using traditional oils all along. I don't think there is an issue with mixing them since Synthetic blends are available but I could be wrong. Guess I didn't help much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.