Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Oh My God!!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/oh-my-god-104889.html)

mgerken1 07-29-2011 07:06 PM

Oh My God!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Warning this may be traumatic. So I took Tigger into the 4WD place here in Charlotte for the long awaited (3 weeks) upgrade build/install. If you have read the black wrangler thread you will know I have an issue. Lots of goodies require a 3 day build/install.

That takes it to Monday. Am a consultant and my current client is in Philly so I travel every week. That means I have to wait until next Friday to pick up Tigger.

I have no idea how much alcohol, pain killers, narcotics this could take. Special thanks to kjeeper10 for suggesting induced coma, that is currently being evaluated.

To make it worse I had to go back at 5pm to meet a third party who was buying my 33" mickey atz's which only have 3.5K on them. Ofcourse while I was waiting Ryan (the manager) decided to take me back into the shop to see Tigger.

Well that was traumatic. Skin and Bones. This may be the longest week of my life. Stay safe Tigger....soon it will get better....

:surrender:

DallanG 07-29-2011 07:42 PM

Can't wait to see the results pictures.

mgerken1 07-29-2011 07:44 PM

Thanks very much....me neither after this experience.

Rock on.

kjeeper10 07-29-2011 07:49 PM

:rofl:

Jealous :drool:

Lance03 07-29-2011 07:53 PM

Really?:rofl:

mgerken1 07-29-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance03 (Post 1421454)
Really?:rofl:

Yes. I am not kidding. I need help from everyone here. The next 7 days will be trying. I hope my Show us your Black Wrangler thread survives for another week.

Rock on.

ljrubitm 07-29-2011 08:03 PM

It's nice to see a jeep on a lift, cause you know the outcome will be well worth the wait.

mgerken1 07-29-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljrubitm (Post 1421483)
It's nice to see a jeep on a lift, cause you know the outcome will be well worth the wait.

Wow I needed that.....exactly the reason I am on this forum. Appreciate the post every little bit helps.

weakkneewillie 07-29-2011 08:12 PM

So your job is baby sitting Tiger. Making sure he gets his tires changed and body waxed.AND YOUR STRESSING????...LOL:rofl:

mgerken1 07-29-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weakkneewillie (Post 1421513)
So your job is baby sitting Tiger. Making sure he gets his tires changed and body waxed.AND YOUR STRESSING????...LOL:rofl:

Yes. And I have not begun drinking heavily yet. Completely sober...for now.

RatherBNarizona 07-29-2011 08:16 PM

What are all those new scratches from?

:D

mgerken1 07-29-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatherBNarizona (Post 1421523)
What are all those new scratches from?

Well crafted. Exactly what I needed. Stellar effort.

shell 07-29-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgerken1 (Post 1421474)
Yes. I am not kidding. I need help from everyone here. The next 7 days will be trying. I hope my Show us your Black Wrangler thread survives for another week.

Rock on.

We'll make sure it survives:thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgerken1 (Post 1421521)
Yes. And I have not begun drinking heavily yet. Completely sober...for now.

It couldn't hurt.

mgerken1 07-29-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shell (Post 1421552)
We'll make sure it survives:thumb:

It couldn't hurt.

Was hoping to hear from you Shell. Thanks. Survival is now a plausible outcome....

:Thanx:

bluejeep2002 07-29-2011 08:50 PM

I love this thread it makes me feel normal, because I would be the same way!!

JPWheelin 07-29-2011 08:57 PM

Lots of lager and cheesteaks should see you through these trying times.

mgerken1 07-29-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluejeep2002 (Post 1421601)
I love this thread it makes me feel normal, because I would be the same way!!

The store manager told me guys come in and are so laid back when they give him the list of mods and bring it in.....He told me he tells them all the time...you understand this is going to kill you for the next several days.

They are like no way...no worries dude it's all good. Then they call him before the end of the first day asking if they can offer an extra couple hundred bucks to finish it a day early or so.

He tells them....dude I told you.

I knew this would be an issue going in....doesn't make it any easier though. Trust me.

:)

mgerken1 07-29-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPWheelin (Post 1421616)
Lots of lager and cheesteaks should see you through these trying times.

The above thread re not drinking yet has now officially ended....

Red meat. Yet another quality suggestion.

:punk:

jadampowell 07-29-2011 09:27 PM

If Tigger was your child and you left him abandoned and alone for a week I'd report you to Children and Youth, I wonder who would be the proper authorities???LOL
Now as far as the red meat I would suggest you hit Pats Steaks while in Philly next week, if your client doesn't know where that is then you need to drop 'em....:rofl::rofl:

SkyTurtle 07-29-2011 09:36 PM

Rumor?

I was at 4WD this evening and they were talking about a black Wrangler that got scratched up pretty bad in the back. Wasn't yours, was it?

:eek:

shell 07-29-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgerken1 (Post 1421559)
Was hoping to hear from you Shell. Thanks. Survival is now a plausible outcome....

:Thanx:

Let me know how it comes out and how you like it. I'm jonesing for new rims & tires. But the powers that be have said I gotta wear out these tires first. And a lift. But it's still gotta be able to fit into the garage. Don't trust the neighbors.

bluejeep2002 07-29-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgerken1

The store manager told me guys come in and are so laid back when they give him the list of mods and bring it in.....He told me he tells them all the time...you understand this is going to kill you for the next several days.

They are like no way...no worries dude it's all good. Then they call him before the end of the first day asking if they can offer an extra couple hundred bucks to finish it a day early or so.

He tells them....dude I told you.

I knew this would be an issue going in....doesn't make it any easier though. Trust me.

:)

Lol!! Now I know I'm normal!!

mgerken1 07-29-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shell (Post 1421711)
Let me know how it comes out and how you like it. I'm jonesing for new rims & tires. But the powers that be have said I gotta wear out these tires first. And a lift. But it's still gotta be able to fit into the garage. Don't trust the neighbors.

Powers that be? Trust me you will know and see how it comes out. Honestly the 33"s and 2.25 procomp lift I just had was really good....and didn't need re-gear.

Your Jeep is awesome, and if you want new wheels and tires, go with it and don't apologize. If he (assume it is a he) fights this, then send him to Charlotte NC for a sit-down talk. Nobody should ever stand in the way of a girl and her Jeep Wrangler needs....period.

Rock on.

:wavey:

mgerken1 07-29-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadampowell (Post 1421684)
If Tigger was your child and you left him abandoned and alone for a week I'd report you to Children and Youth, I wonder who would be the proper authorities???LOL
Now as far as the red meat I would suggest you hit Pats Steaks while in Philly next week, if your client doesn't know where that is then you need to drop 'em....:rofl::rofl:

Ah Pats....good call. Some of my Philly peeps here in Charlotte like Gino's. But obvioulsy you get into major arguments about that stuff. Pats it is.

Tuesday. Done.

Rock on. Thanks

shell 07-29-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgerken1 (Post 1421737)
Powers that be? Trust me you will know and see how it comes out. Honestly the 33"s and 2.25 procomp lift I just had was really good....and didn't need re-gear.

Your Jeep is awesome, and if you want new wheels and tires, go with it and don't apologize. If he (assume it is a he) fights this, then send him to Charlotte NC for a sit-down talk. Nobody should ever stand in the way of a girl and her Jeep Wrangler needs....period.

Rock on.

:wavey:

Yeah, it's a he, the Hubster (as he's known). He agrees with the new rims, but the tires were practically new (stock-Jeep had 25,000 miles on her-barely any wear). We've decided to wait until those tires wear, then do the rims & tires together. He doesn't stand in the way...just makes me wait a little. I have managed to talk him into getting me a set of element doors with enclosures (for next summer):punk:

mgerken1 07-29-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shell (Post 1421756)
Yeah, it's a he, the Hubster (as he's known). He agrees with the new rims, but the tires were practically new (stock-Jeep had 25,000 miles on her-barely any wear). We've decided to wait until those tires wear, then do the rims & tires together. He doesn't stand in the way...just makes me wait a little. I have managed to talk him into getting me a set of element doors with enclosures (for next summer):punk:

Element doors....that is my next year conquest. Nice work. Tires and wheels are big I understand. You already have one he!! of a killer Jeep. When you get those new feet...holy smokestacks.

Thanks for the posts....keep up the great work Shell.

repoman100 07-29-2011 10:07 PM

Cool thing to do :

Drive a regular sedan car for the time your Jeep is upgrading. After being used to the Jeep, you will feel like you're driving a go-Kart for a few days, then get used to that height and probably get bored, but when you get the Jeep back, the feeling of height and of course driving a JEEP, is totally amazing !

mgerken1 07-29-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repoman100 (Post 1421773)
Cool thing to do :

Drive a regular sedan car for the time your Jeep is upgrading. After being used to the Jeep, you will feel like you're driving a go-Kart for a few days, then get used to that height and probably get bored, but when you get the Jeep back, the feeling of height and of course driving a JEEP, is totally amazing !

Got that one covered great advice. My "normal" car is an 09 Acura TL. I may drive it to the coast tomorrow and jam the stereo to Apocalyptica or something and get used to riding on my a$$. 3 hours from my home town of Charleston.....great call.

And I thought this was a technical forum.....I have enough psychology, food, and beverage suggestions to now get me through.

There is a reason I have a wranglerforum.com windshield decal...and you are seeing why.

Rock on people.

trennmaschine 07-30-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadampowell (Post 1421684)

++++ for Pats! Best steak (and soaked corn on the cob) in S. Philly!

repauli1 07-30-2011 12:07 PM

Tiger fell asleep and fell off his perch!
LOL