Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Wild Ride and Jeep Abuse (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/wild-ride-and-jeep-abuse-10497.html)

hmenker 08-13-2007 10:37 PM

Wild Ride and Jeep Abuse

Went to Alaska the first of July and, while in Ketchikan, my wife and I took a four hour off-road Jeep trip into the mountains. The company providing the trip had new '07 Xs and we had one to ourselves. Having attended a Jeep Jamboree in the past, I expected the off-road driving standards to be the same. Was I ever wrong!
Everyone was told to stay close and beat it up these old logging roads between 15 and 20 mph in 4H! The Jeeps spent as much time on two wheels or fully in the air as the four wheels were on the ground. The group leader told us to "drive them as if we had stolen them" and she wasn't kidding! We literally beat the "snot" out of them (as had a lot of other people before us) but they keep right on taking the beating. The guide prided herself on being able to change a tire in 3 minutes and that the most tires and of her groups had blown in one trip was 5! It
It was one thing to experience a Jamboree but quite another to participate in premeditated abuse. The bottom line was that, in spite of the repeated beatings, the Jeeps performed flawlessly (sans tires)! I must admit, if anyone ever gets to Alaska, there are a number of these Jeep shore excursions available. You'll never get another opportunity to beat one to death only to find they defy not only gravity but destruction. There's nothing that can compare to a Jeep. Take that Hummer!

debruins 08-13-2007 10:40 PM

you gotta change that color!!!
im not reading that untill u do!

Levinoss 08-13-2007 10:40 PM

Yea it hurts the eyes a lil with the forum background. =(

Dont see why yall would want to abuse the jeep like that?

~Lev

1BLKJP 08-13-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debruins (Post 119898)

Okay you are officially a DORK!!! :D

Sounds like a helluva trip bro. :D Jeeps are built to be abused. That's why there are spare parts. :D

naterg 08-13-2007 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debruins (Post 119898)

You need to fix your grammar, I am not reading any of your posts until you do.:flipoff: :zap:

tiny terror 08-13-2007 11:32 PM

Sounds like a lot of fun!! :D

RIPBiker13 08-13-2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BLKJP (Post 119969)
Okay you are officially a DORK!!! :D

X2! :rofl:

amy 08-14-2007 12:04 AM

That sounds like a blast! :D

jjseel 08-14-2007 02:09 AM

drool... that sounds like like something for the "got to do" book! PICS!

rebelBullDawg325 08-14-2007 05:04 AM

sounds great. we did a jeep excursion in cazumel when we went ona cruise. i was very disapointed though. it was more like drivin to the country store due to the fact that the most "off-roading" was going over the little hump between 2 dirt roads

debruins 08-14-2007 09:05 AM

ok ok i red it and i tosunds lik efun, but i would only do that on a rented jeep, i wouldnt wanna ruin mine idk, just doesn't seem like a good plan

and ium not a dork

Hackle 08-14-2007 08:05 PM

That sounds like a cool trip in a stock jeep. As far as beating up your jeep. This sounds like the road to some of our trails, then the fun starts:D