Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   New 2011 Jeep nightmare and horrific dealer service (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/new-2011-jeep-nightmare-and-horrific-dealer-service-105428.html)

tampaukfan 08-02-2011 07:52 AM

New 2011 Jeep nightmare and horrific dealer service

Picked up my new 2011 Jeep unlimited Sahara earlier 2nd week of June.
Excited and thrilled is an understatement, I smiled all the way home!

My fun ended the next morning, heading out have lunch with my new fiance she says to me the floor is soaking wet. I pull over pull the mat and carpet up to see 1/2 inch or so of standing water. To top it all off the two front bolts on the passenger seat are not even screwed down! (see pics).

Pissed off was an understatement, my girl got me to calm down since there is no point in going bonkers as that will only make matters worse.

I bought my Jeep in Orlando but I live in Tampa so its not practical to go to the selling dealer. I opted to take it to Jerry Ulm Dodge in Tampa.
I dropped the Jeep off and got it back in the same shape except for numerous blobs of black silicon crap on various body panels.

Several days passed and the floor was dry only now I had two drip leaks behind my head.. <sigh>.. Figuring that maybe it was just water trapped in the molding I waited until another hard rain to make sure it was leaking.
Another hard raing came and poof, the floor was soaking wet again.

Round 2 ... I took it back on Monday to Jerry Ulm Dodge in Tampa. When I dropped my Jeep off it was relatively clean. When the lot porter pulled my truck around it looked like someone ran it through some big muddy/sandy puddles plus the interior was filthy. It was closing time so I didnt have time to talk with anyone. When I got home I started cleaning the Jeep only to find my roof panels have calcified stains on it ! (see pic, the stains are all over the top) I know they were not there when I dropped it off as I had cleaned the jeep the day before. To make matters worse I found some nice scratches on inner painted part of my door.... but wait there is more.. My drivers running board looks like a dog nawed on it.

What I am guessing is the repair guy stood on my running board in work boots and ran some chemical or water solution over the top looking for leaks. How he treated my NEW Jeep is really disappointing, you would have thought I handed the keys over to to 20 year old beater. I just bought the damn thing, is it too much to ask that you dont beat up a new car?!

After the first leak I refrained from making a post, even though I should have ranted.. Having standing water in a brand new vehicle with 100 miles is not cool plus the seat not being bolted is totally unacceptable not to mention someone could have been killed had I gotten in wreck.

http://gallery.me.com/lawrence.b/109...13122894250001

http://gallery.me.com/lawrence.b/109...13122894240001

http://gallery.me.com/lawrence.b/109...13122894260001

Curky 08-02-2011 07:57 AM

:banghead:WOW, I’m sorry. I would be out for blood…. :hide:

CG3 08-02-2011 08:50 AM

Have you spoken with the dealer you purchased this from?

Lemon Law?

Salo 08-02-2011 08:54 AM

I had brought my jeep srt into a dodge dealer for navi maint. The guy pulled my jeep around when pickin it up with the dirtiest hands and muddiest boots I've ever seen..I caused the biggest scene and starting yelling at everyone..I have never paid for oil changes after that day....fu*kem..I keep interior clean for some idiot to ruin it...I don't feel bad for anyone

tampaukfan 08-02-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG3 (Post 1431186)
Have you spoken with the dealer you purchased this from?

Lemon Law?

I did speak with the purchasing dealer and they told me to take it to the tampa dealer. The seller dealer is a 180 mile round trip for me.

I dont think I am at the lemon phase yet.. BUT I just checked the carpet on the passenger side and its damp <sigh> might just be leftover water from yesterdays leak testing.

BTW, CG3.. very nice portfolio.. I shoot with a D3s, killer camera but the guy holding it (me) is not so good of a photographer.:redface:

Barfy 08-02-2011 09:50 AM

I have never purchased a brand new vehicle but i would have demanded a different one or that one to have a completely new top and carpeting. Simply unacceptable for the amount of money one spends on a brand new jeep. Sorry to hear this!

kjeeper10 08-02-2011 09:50 AM

Leaks are very common on new JK's- Type "Jk leaks" in the google search bar and be ready for the results you going to get :(

tampaukfan 08-02-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1431286)
Leaks are very common on new JK's- Type "Jk leaks" in the google search bar and be ready for the results you going to get :(

Yes I know.. I was refraining from posting another complaint thread, hoping that the issue would be fixed with one visit.

I walked the dealership lot and 2 out of 5 hard top JKU's had soaked passenger floorboards. Makes me wonder if mine was already soaked and I just didnt notice it because of being excited at delivery.

Chrysler does not seem to have a good attitude toward fixing their products. The dealership made it seem like they were doing me a favor repairing my Jeep.
However, the purchasing at Greenway in Orlando was top notch, the buying was the best experience I have ever had at a car dealer.. its the owning part that has sucked.:facepalm:

SilverSwamper 08-02-2011 11:26 AM

I have been to Jerry Ulm myself and there attitudes their suck. I left within the first five minutes with the way I was spoke to by the sales person. I would try North Tampa Jeep on Florida Avenue. I bought my 2 door from them before I got my unlimited and they are night and day from Jerry Ulm. I have only had to go there a couple times because my Jeep is new also but its worth a try. I am tired of this also where you spend a lot of money on a product or service and people act like they are doing you a favor.

moscoeb 08-02-2011 11:31 AM

The continuing leaks are frustrating, however the way they have treated your new jeep is completely unacceptable!
I would be irritated about the leaks, but irate about the mess, scratches, and other abuse.
Make sure when you put the freedom panels on, completely have them as far forward as possible. Some have said this fixes or minimizes the leaks.
I would go in and talk to the absolute highest person at the dealer about your experience, see what they do. If not acceptable, walk and then look into filing a complaint w Chrysler and find a new dealer.

mudpup 08-02-2011 11:43 AM

Sorry for your trouble and most dealers will have no respect for your Jeep :nonono:

I try to avoid the dealer at all costs now... I had a major leak 2 weeks after delivery on my passenger side floor. Never could see/find the leak for sure but just the end result of a soaked floor.

Freedom top, 2 door...my best guess it was coming through the passenger door under the platic sill trim.

So I ordered the door weatherstripping and installed myself. Part # 55395274AL

I also coated all the seals with 303 Protectant to keep them from binding up inside the door when closing.

I have been dry as a bone since February :thumb:

Wirenuting 08-02-2011 12:19 PM

After I bought my wrangler the salesman gave me the 5 min, how to turn radio on, lesson. I asked him what were the major complaints people had with the 2011 year.

He told me "leaks, the hard top leaks on some wranglers. ", said to bring it in at the first hint of one.

I haven't had any problems with leaking.
Can't complain about my dealer as he was honest and strait with me the whole time.
:)

demarpaint 08-02-2011 12:56 PM

I feel your pain, in fact I'm having a flashback of sorts. I bought a new 84 E-150 cargo van in black. Second day I owned it I was washing and waxing it and noticed Ford didn't paint the center of the roof. You couldn't see it unless you were either 7' tall or standing on the rear bumper. They agreed to repaint the roof.

They sent it to a body shop and promised it to me in a week. Week two I called and got no satisfaction. I found out where they sent it, and paid them a visit, the windows were open in a rain storm and it was soaked inside. They had caved in the roof, and were attempting a repair. A fight broke out, and I ended up with another new van. I called the bank holding the loan and explained to them that they owned the van, I only make payments and drive it. They went to bat for me. Hell would have frozen over before I took it back with a patch job for a roof! Bottom line is most people only care about their own cars.

JTPhoto JK 08-02-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudpup (Post 1431576)
Sorry for your trouble and most dealers will have no respect for your Jeep :nonono:

I try to avoid the dealer at all costs now... I had a major leak 2 weeks after delivery on my passenger side floor. Never could see/find the leak for sure but just the end result of a soaked floor.

Freedom top, 2 door...my best guess it was coming through the passenger door under the platic sill trim.

So I ordered the door weatherstripping and installed myself. Part # 55395274AL

I also coated all the seals with 303 Protectant to keep them from binding up inside the door when closing.

I have been dry as a bone since February :thumb:

X2 it's not the roof it's the door seal as mentioned above.

kjeeper10 08-02-2011 01:08 PM

My 07, I just bought used- doesn't leak, never paid any attention to the positioning of the panels putting them on. I've seen the service bulletins on the leaks. I think the dealers are frustrated themselves-I would be too :(
It all depends on the dealer and their patience is what I'm gathering. I would get them to replace the carpets and any other damage and try to fix the dam problem myself. They just throw new seals on and call it a day, probably don't test and that's why it still leaks.