Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   YJ General Discussion Forum (
-   -   First Jeep (

Pila4life 08-07-2011 12:22 AM

First Jeep
I am new to the forum. I just purchased my first Jeep. It is a 93 Sahara dark green with a hard top. 93,000 miles with no body rust for $4,200. So many things I want to do with it that I dont know where to start. First of all the finish on the hood is completely gone and I want to save up to get a new paint job next spring.

Other minor things I want to address is updating the weather stripping and also the hood latches need replacing because they are rusted and worn.

Would like new front a rear bumpers as well. And possibly apply a rust protectant to the undercarraige.

I am sure there are many other updates including mechanical that I haven't thought of.

Could anyone provide suggestions as to what I should order I should address these issues?

Thanks. I am obviously a newb.

billytheyj 08-07-2011 02:29 AM

First change all fluids I mean all! And yes I am including greasing the grease poins on that also! Then do a complete tune up. Once everything is fresh and verified as being mechanically sound you should move onto the cosmetic problems. should have some stuff you may need good luck!

rmed4defense 08-07-2011 02:44 AM

Pila4life 08-07-2011 10:57 PM

Thanks for the advice on the fluids.. I am going to start there and give it a tune up.

I have one other question. Would you change the seals (cowl) and hardware (tie down, latches) prior to a paint job or after?

billytheyj 08-08-2011 01:30 AM

Probably take them out have a good paint job then put new stuff in