Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/)
-   -   95 YJ Headlight switch wire help (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/95-yj-headlight-switch-wire-help-107025.html)

chainlake 08-11-2011 02:20 PM

95 YJ Headlight switch wire help

The stock headlight switch on my 95 YJ "S" failed on the previous owner and he replaced it with a $.05 rocker switch. Works fine but I was scavenging a 95 yj Sahara (?) in the scrap yard and pulled the Headlight switch as long as I was there.

Couple of questions...
1. Anybody have a picture of the stock switch that came on the "S" (Base) model? I suspect it's a simple two position pull knob and not the fancy dual rocker I picked.

2. Anybody have their dash apart and shoot me a pic or tell me what color wires go on what tabs on the rocker style switch? I can't seem to find a WD that I can understand.

Thanks in advance,

Chainlake

Redrider94 08-11-2011 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of the switch, don't have my dash apart but shouldn't be that hard to figure out. Mines a 94.

chainlake 08-11-2011 02:30 PM

OK Thanks! I do have the right switch. Now I just need to find out what wires go on what tabs. That is if I can find them under the dash. who knows what the previous owner did with the "extras". I guess I'll know when I open it up.

NAVYCHIEF 08-11-2011 02:54 PM

this should help a little.

chainlake 08-11-2011 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks chief it helps but I don't know which tabs on the switch correlate to 1,2,3,5 and 6 on the WD. They aren't numbered on the switch or I'm not experinced enough to know the standard pattern.

NAVYCHIEF 08-11-2011 05:45 PM

is the plug still connected to the wiring? do you have a multimeter? if the plug is there,
pin 1 will be BK/YL, pin 2 will be LG/WT, pin 3 is RED and has power ALL of the time. there is no wire to pin 4 of the harness plug. pin 5 is PK/RD, and no wire to pin 6. let me know.

chainlake 08-12-2011 10:01 AM

Attaboy Chief....exactly what I was looking for and couldn't find. I can make it happen from here.

Thanks a ton!

ChainLake.

NAVYCHIEF 08-12-2011 12:13 PM

no probllem. i found my stuff on SCRIBD.COM a good free site. i got wiring and parts catalog. have fun. anything i can do, just holler. my dads family are from antigo,white lake and clintonville. i used to fish ths fox as a young kid.

tnjeeprider 08-12-2011 01:24 PM

Picture of switch wiring

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the wiring.

chainlake 08-13-2011 08:03 AM

thanks for the pic. should be a easy project now....

Chainlake

chainlake 08-13-2011 08:28 AM

Chief, I didn't know you were a fellow member of Northwoods Wisconsin life experince team. You truly know the value of a trusty Jeep. Edith (my Yj) is my tactical hunting vehicle, Kayak transport, tractor, woods recon vehicle, get where you need to go in 2 feet of snow and general all purpose mud bus. Hell, Jeep could follow my son and I around and shoot a comercial. She is bone stock and has just enough dents and scratches that you can use her like God intended and not feel bad about it. After 120k mi. she is still as tough as a $2 steak.

I know your former back yard. We are in the Townsend area, I had Edith in Antigo last month to pick up ATV parts, was camping with my son at Gardner Dam scout camp in White Lake last week, and Kayaking on the Wolf river the week before that.

When you coming back to WI? You know you miss it....

bmxanrchy127 08-18-2011 08:59 PM

Jeep YJ highbeams Problem

When I turn my headlights on the lights work fine when i hit my high beams the passenger side headlight shuts off