Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   money into the belly of the beast... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/money-into-the-belly-of-the-beast-10781.html)

tiny terror 08-22-2007 11:24 AM

money into the belly of the beast...

What should I get?

I'm thinking a belly up would be cool and a set of rockers. Or, I could go for new bumpers but I think I need some underbelly protection. Or corner guards.... or or or or.....

Ok ok.. I'm thinking belly up. Is this something I can install myself??

Scout 08-22-2007 11:53 AM

What's the budget? :D

tiny terror 08-22-2007 11:57 AM

I haven't set it yet :D Not too crazy like you though. I'd like to be able to eat next month.

4.0l sahara 08-22-2007 12:39 PM

with a belly up and 2" of lift I think you need a sye/cv.:D

Levinoss 08-22-2007 01:12 PM

how are your tires?

~Lev

emills 08-22-2007 01:48 PM

Can't speak for you people with your short wheelbases. But I have the Medic skid, 2" bl and 1" mml with no vibes and no sye.

I would highly recommend that package.

It is something that you prolly could install yourself with much cursing. But I can maybe help out as well.

Eric

AzTJ 08-22-2007 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emills (Post 125217)
Can't speak for you people with your short wheelbases. But I have the Medic skid, 2" bl and 1" mml with no vibes and no sye.

And that exactly why, you have an Unlimited with a much longer driveshaft, so it doesn't even apply to her.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4.0l sahara (Post 125165)
with a belly up and 2" of lift I think you need a sye/cv.:D

Yah, I think an SYE is needed with a belly up or tummy tuck, whatever ya wanna call it.

The next few things I plan on buying are:
Power Steering Box Skid
Engine Skid
Rocker Guards

mrbigjeep 08-22-2007 02:40 PM

i guess it depends on the type of wheeling you do...seems like rocker guards or bumpers would be a good choice...you may want rocker guards but last time i went wheeling my front bumper got dented crossing a deep ditch...if i had a strong bumper it wouldn't have dented...its just a dent though...

for your type of wheeling i would probably prefer belly up first...besides u should probably go ahead and get the expensive thing out of the way.

AzTJ 08-22-2007 02:52 PM

MRbigjeep now huh? :D

Steelman 08-22-2007 02:57 PM

I think you should get the Xenon body kit! :rofl:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...misc/xenon.jpg

1BLKJP 08-22-2007 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelman (Post 125274)

Dude, I just ordered that this morning. but I got mine in black. :D It's going to be so bad ass in JV in Nov. to see how long it takes me to rip every single piece of that off. :D :D :D

TT, with the trails you are hammering out now days, Rocker guards and diff guards would be tops on my list before a belly up. :D

Steelman 08-22-2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BLKJP (Post 125284)
Dude, I just ordered that this morning. but I got mine in black. :D It's going to be so bad ass in JV in Nov. to see how long it takes me to rip every single piece of that off. :D :D :D

Good times would be had for sure! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BLKJP (Post 125284)
TT, with the trails you are hammering out now days, Rocker guards and diff guards would be tops on my list before a belly up. :D

X2 on the Rocker Guards...get a hold of Chris at Rock-it Man. Tell him I said he has to give you a good deal on them, and that he and Tammy have to help you install them. :D (he also lives in Temecula)

EDIT: Link for Rock-it Man rocker guards ---> http://rock-itman.com/products/rockers.html I think the price is actually a little less than what's advertised on the site, and they come with the tubes on them as well...

ygohome 08-22-2007 03:26 PM

I agree with what alot are saying... diff gaurds or heavy duty covers. I wheel using the brail method alot :D

Also consider upgrading the steering... if you don't want to spend a bunch on something like a Currie steering setup you could get a solid ZJ tie rod and adjuster sleeve with rod ends at Napa. But that still leaves a weak stock drag link so its good to keep a complete stock steering system as backup. I picked up a stock used drag link/tie rod with rod ends all assembled for free from a local shop from someone who was upgradding and didn't want to keep their old stuff.

engine/oilpan skid. Its not going to get hit as easily as the diffs but if it does then thats no good obviously

my Rocker gaurds get hit ALOT so gotta consider those too :D

Tj Bunch 08-22-2007 05:04 PM

Quote:

You should be BAN for posting such a picture of a TJ man thats like the hummers we have around Fresno with all that crap why don't they just buy a Scion like every other dingbat......:D

tiny terror 08-22-2007 05:47 PM

Quote:

That's already in my garage but it's got sparkly paint and flames. I just want some armor to make people think I wheel :D

Steelman 08-22-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 125405)
That's already in my garage but it's got sparkly paint and flames. I just want some armor to make people think I wheel :D

:D be sure to post up pics when you get it all installed! :D

tiny terror 08-23-2007 09:33 AM

I was thinking of sprucing it up a little more before I install it. Maybe some glow in the dark paint and blue lights along the frame.... and a fog machine so it looks like the jeep is floating on a cloud. :D

Levinoss 08-23-2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 125751)
I was thinking of sprucing it up a little more before I install it. Maybe some glow in the dark paint and blue lights along the frame.... and a fog machine so it looks like the jeep is floating on a cloud. :D

How about a strobe light or disco ball in the cab?

~Lev

AzTJ 08-23-2007 03:34 PM

Oh - don't forget corner guards! Damn those rouge shopping cars!

I just need to find the time to go break into Jacks garage and rescue my set! :D

Hackle 08-23-2007 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 125751)

Tiny just eat more spicy food and you can drop the fog machine. If works for 1BLKJP:D
I would suggest protection as a top priorty. Gas tank skids, rocker guards, steering box, and corners would save you a lot of future grief. JMHO
Jim

tiny terror 08-23-2007 08:26 PM

Thanks Hackle, I'm looking at diff guards and rockers right now. I think armor is my priority after this weekend. I think I lucked out getting away with no damage.

debruins 08-24-2007 10:34 AM

wow tiny how many posts did that go on topic?
3 maybe four?

1BLKJP 08-24-2007 03:11 PM

Okay TT, you blew the game in the other thread about ordering stuff. Whatcha get? :D

tiny terror 08-24-2007 03:27 PM

I ordered some rockrings for my diffs, shrockworks rockers, sparkly side panels and glittery flares. Thinking about a steering box skid now and a kitten decal for the hood. :D Or a bumper....

1BLKJP 08-24-2007 03:37 PM

What the scratch and sniff kitty sticker that smells like poop? :D

tiny terror 08-24-2007 03:58 PM

It's the same one you have on your hood, Jack. :D

1BLKJP 08-24-2007 04:11 PM

No, I actually think I have poop on my hood. :D

tiny terror 08-24-2007 04:14 PM

Remind me never to ask your advice when I'm looking for new mods. :p

1BLKJP 08-24-2007 04:14 PM

Probably a good thing. Everything I put on my jeep gets scratched to hell and you wouldn't want it to look like you wheeled. :D

tiny terror 08-24-2007 04:17 PM

Oh course not, sheesh. I need to get all new rims because I wanked them all up on the rocks. Something big and shiny. Chrome. Yeah.