Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Builders Corner (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/)
-   -   Project: Interior Revamp! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/project-interior-revamp-107918.html)

IndyJeepMan 08-16-2011 11:19 PM

Project: Interior Revamp!

Well more like, rebuild.. :D

It's in good condition, I am just adding new storage possibilites and mounts for a few things.

On the list:

Bed Armor the interior tub
Bolt in custom storage box
Add in aluminum cross support for spare tire mount
Enclose and mount subwoofer and amplifier in said box
Add Savvy aluminum tailgate skin and lower valance skin
Get a new Rampage frameless and relocate the plate to the center of the tailgate.
and lastly add rear lights to the bumper

I have already lined my tub partially but wasnt happy with the rustoleum brand product or the way I did it, but I'm redoing it and using Duplicolor Bed Armor w/ Kevlar, lets hope it turns out well! :thumb:

Will add pictures and any information I can, I know people are always looking to gain storage area! Should cost under $200, minus the armor and top. :)

Grindin', I can't stop!! Those pesky footman loops had to go, and they had to come off the hard way.

GoldenSahara00 08-16-2011 11:20 PM

I currently can't see the pics but I am in for the ride buddy! alot of stuff I wana get done on your list! Do work!

IndyJeepMan 08-17-2011 12:14 AM

Hopefully it now works!

Hell, start a build thread and get yours going too! :thumb:

IndyJeepMan 08-18-2011 08:24 PM

This new phobe is nice, i can take a picture and post it asap! Currebtly prepping the Jeep for the duplicolor bed armor tomorrow, cant wait. Getting closer and closer to the end goal!

IndyJeepMan 08-22-2011 09:40 PM

Well got the box done, got it placed and drilled! will take pictures of the bedliner tomorrow during the day. It turned out great! The box fits just right and Im planning for it to be waterproof and vibration resistent!

I can give out dimensions and specs of box if wanted, next to do for this week; install subwoofer in box, run wiring, bedliner box, mount spare tire, and then order some goodies from Savvy and Rokmen! :)

IndyJeepMan 08-23-2011 01:55 PM

Got some pictures of the Duplicolor Bed Armor, this is with two coats which is really all you need!

I have some touchup to do, the yellow on the closeup is a reflection though.

IndyJeepMan 08-23-2011 11:34 PM

Well got the sub installed and wire entrance and audio jacks for said sub. I coated the box with bed armor and it is drying in the garage.

The spare tire mount is also fabbed up, the sub will fire towards the front seats, and the amp will be hidden inside.

GoldenSahara00 08-23-2011 11:38 PM

Holy crap man, good work! :D I am diggin that sub, I miss mine. That is what I had setup about a year ago. def not water proof but it was custom :)
subbox.jpg picture by 6pacobam - Photobucket

IndyJeepMan 08-24-2011 10:12 AM

Nice! And thank you, its a hefty box and a solid build, going out of my way so there are no rattles or leaks. The sub isnt much, but sounds great to complete my audio since the soundbar has none!

Cant wait to get off work and go get it mounted up, i gotta have it done by saturday for the hi lift event here.

Cons_Table 08-24-2011 10:26 AM

Looking solid. I plan on building a box for mine as well. Maybe a bit shorter than yours, same concept though. What is the bolt on top of it for? Did I miss it lol? How much weight should the drawer hold? How are you bolting it in...sorry for all of the questions :thumb:

IndyJeepMan 08-24-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cons_Table
Looking solid. I plan on building a box for mine as well. Maybe a bit shorter than yours, same concept though. What is the bolt on top of it for? Did I miss it lol? How much weight should the drawer hold? How are you bolting it in...sorry for all of the questions :thumb:

No worries! Lol.

The drawer is 33"x35" btw, but the bolt on top was allthread cut to length so when the 5th tire sits on top a plate covers the stud holes on the wheel and mounts it down with a big wing nut. The drawer should most likely hold 200lbs worth of gear inside and could hold up to a 35" tire on the top.

Its bolting through the box, through the tub using rubber 1" isolators for.vibration dampening and to lif the box to clear the tailgate ledge. The front two (by the seats) come out right before the crossmember and right on top of the heat shield on the exhaust hump. Rear two are right.behind the.bumper above the gas tank with plenty of room to spare! Ill take some more pictures tonight for you.

Cons_Table 08-24-2011 11:21 AM

Nice! Sounds good...I will check back for pics. I wouldnt have even thought about the rubber isolators for vibration, good idea. That may be a good use for some front upper shock bushings that I have sitting around. Does that latch on the drawer hold everything snug and tight so that the drawer doesnt slide forward and back at all?

IndyJeepMan 08-24-2011 01:06 PM

When i first had the box done the latch wasnt completely snug but close. But after I put a seal around the doors edge it added about 1/4" of compressable thickness so once its latched it doesnt move at all. The sliders used for the drawer are amazing, its as smooth as silk to pull out.

Cons_Table 08-24-2011 01:10 PM

Sweet. If I werent wheeling this weekend, I may have had a project for the weekend haha. Maybe over labor day I will put something together. Since I dont have a way to lock up my stuff (tools, air compressor, etc) it gets kind of annoying loading and unloading all of my stuff every trip lol.

GoldenSahara00 08-24-2011 01:15 PM

Build one for me? :) I really like this. New proj for me as well perhaps.

IndyJeepMan 08-24-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cons_Table
Sweet. If I werent wheeling this weekend, I may have had a project for the weekend haha. Maybe over labor day I will put something together. Since I dont have a way to lock up my stuff (tools, air compressor, etc) it gets kind of annoying loading and unloading all of my stuff every trip lol.

Im wheeling this weekend as well! :thumb: it will be nice having locking storage, I cant wait for it to be completely done. Its getting close! Lol

IndyJeepMan 08-24-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00
Build one for me? :) I really like this. New proj for me as well perhaps.

I would if I didnt have to ship lol. It weighs about 80lbs!

Cons_Table 08-24-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyJeepMan (Post 1504391)
I would if I didnt have to ship lol. It weighs about 80lbs!

Good thing its stayin in the jeep :rofl:

GoldenSahara00 08-24-2011 01:25 PM

If I ever make a trip out your way Ill stop by for it, hahaha. I probably will just fab one of my own somehow, I have been contemplating difference designs but just haven't had time for it lately.

IndyJeepMan 08-24-2011 03:03 PM

I know what you mean this is a project i have been wanting to do for a long time and its finally coming together.

GoldenSahara00 08-24-2011 04:53 PM

Its looks great man. keep it comin

IndyJeepMan 08-24-2011 10:36 PM

The box is done!!! :dance: :thumb:

It is as great as I wanted! NO rattles, NO leaks, and is still seemless in its operation, it also fit snug like a champ!!

I also got a nice envelope in the mail finally!

GoldenSahara00 08-24-2011 11:32 PM

Nice man!

BigEZ 08-25-2011 02:38 AM

Nice job Wes. I like the spare tire mount. What are you going to do about the OEM carrier and threaded holes? Take it off and fill them or fab some kind storage that bolts onto the tailgate?

I got me a swing out rear bumper, so I recently took my OEM carrier off. I think I am just going to have a body shop fill and repaint my tailgate.

I been working 16 hour days so I have just not had time to post my most recent work up. Great job on keeping up with all those pics.

IndyJeepMan 08-25-2011 11:03 AM

Well ive already taken the OEM carrier off and the whole tailgate and "lower valance" will be covered with aluminum from savvy! Powdercoated of course, make sure to get some pics up man, all those hours turn into good pay checks!

IndyJeepMan 08-25-2011 11:06 AM

New pictures in daylight!

BigEZ 08-26-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyJeepMan (Post 1507302)
all those hours turn into good pay checks!

...salaried :facepalm:

but not complaining. I got a lot to be thankful for.
Gonna finish my drop down tailgate conversion this weekend. New hood arrived and that plus the tailgate get painted next Monday.

We gonna try to squeeze in another HORD Badlandz trip before the winter?

GoldenSahara00 08-26-2011 12:38 AM

I make minimum wage... :(

IndyJeepMan 08-26-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigEZ

Gonna finish my drop down tailgate conversion this weekend. New hood arrived and that plus the tailgate get painted next Monday.

Sounds good! and im planning on it! I want to get out all together again!

Cons_Table 08-26-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigEZ

I love the drop down tailgate. Very classic. If my tailgate wasn't bent I would do this :thumb: