Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   PLEASE HELP with annoying dash light (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/please-help-with-annoying-dash-light-108064.html)

flameredTJ 08-17-2011 11:13 PM

PLEASE HELP with annoying dash light

My seat belt light has been on since I got my Jeep a few months ago. I cant stand it anymore! I am ready to stick a smiley face sticker over it! I have changed the seats and all wiring appears to be connected and the light still wont go out. Is there any way to turn it off? what have you done to fix this problem? (I know I am not the only one with this horribly annoying light on). oh and yes, I always wear the seatbelt so that is not why its on. lol (I am sure someone would have asked)

wasurfer86 08-18-2011 12:12 AM

have you tried unplugging the one that connects under the seat? i unplugged mine and the light doesnt come on at all.

akawonderchild 08-18-2011 12:17 AM

Pull out the gauge cluster and remove that light bulb from its spot. It probably takes 20 minutes total.

flameredTJ 08-18-2011 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akawonderchild (Post 1481540)
Pull out the gauge cluster and remove that light bulb from its spot. It probably takes 20 minutes total.

is it hard to pull out the gauge cluster? sorry to ask but was hoping to avoid doing this. I am just so sick of the light. guess it would be a good time to replace my 4wd indicator light

flameredTJ 08-18-2011 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasurfer86 (Post 1481521)
have you tried unplugging the one that connects under the seat? i unplugged mine and the light doesnt come on at all.

i did unplug it from uder the seat and it still stays on. guess im gonna have to remove the bulb

meyers 08-18-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flameredTJ (Post 1481645)
is it hard to pull out the gauge cluster? sorry to ask but was hoping to avoid doing this. I am just so sick of the light. guess it would be a good time to replace my 4wd indicator light

Take the bulb out of the seat belt socket and put it in the 4wd socket, it is a win win

flameredTJ 08-18-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meyers (Post 1481738)
Take the bulb out of the seat belt socket and put it in the 4wd socket, it is a win win

lol, thats what I am hoping to do. going out now that the rain stopped to try to do this. wish me luck as I have never tried to get to those lights before

flameredTJ 08-18-2011 02:58 PM

light all GONE!!

:dance:OH YEAH! no more ANNOYING seatbelt light!!!!!!! took the dash apart and was done in about 15min!. moved the bulb to the 4WD indicator spot but that didnt work:( well, at least I know my 4wd works (had the shop check it since light would not come on)

I am so happy right now! love when I dont have to pay someone else to fix things.

since that was so easy, I am thinking about making the whole panel red.