Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Hawaii Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f122/)
-   -   Canadian Jeeper! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f122/canadian-jeeper-108065.html)

only1phoenixx 08-17-2011 10:36 PM

Canadian Jeeper!

Hi everyone!!! :wavey:

Looks like I may be lucky enough to check out Hawaii in October!!! :speechless-smiley: Its one of the places I've ALWAYS wanted to check out and...I thought it'd be cool to meet up with other Jeepers from so far away!

Are there any Jeep clubs, meets, or club runs taking place in October?

I know I'll be feeling Jeep withdrawal especially when I see one there (with the top and doors off especially) :( ! I am tempted to rent one (not for wheelin since I'm sure that's not allowed, but more for those scenic tour packages...) What do you guys think?

And of course any suggestions for things to do, things to see (even non Jeep-related is more than welcome :))

Cheers and :Thanx: in advance!
D

kevinp19 08-28-2011 10:32 PM

Well, I am brand new to the forum and somewhat new to the island (O'ahu), but I can tell you what I know. There are TONS of Jeeps here with a large part being rentals. As for wheelin, I'm not entirely sure what the policy is. As for clubs, I don't think so. I have waved at a couple hundred Jeeps, but very few respond. :( I have asked around to try to meet some more experienced folks (I'm new to Jeeps, too haha) but have hit on nothing.

But you will enjoy your time here. I have been here since May and my breath still gets taken away by the beauty of the island.

HTH
Kevin

Lawngnome 08-28-2011 10:38 PM

Don't know much about that, but a helicopter tour around the volcano and forests is something I would have to do if I were going. I saw it on TV once and thought it was extremely cool.

only1phoenixx 08-29-2011 06:57 PM

Thanks for responding guys! (I was startin to wonder if anyone would :p)

I'm not sure if I'm gonna rent since most likely they aren't going to be allowed to be wheeled or even ready for wheelin...but I guess that depends on the kinds of trails you've got (which I have no clue of).

I was hoping there would be a Jeep club to check out since I'm part of one here in Canada :punk:

And that's sad that hardly anyone waves...! Are there a good variety of Wranglers - YJs? TJs? Or majority are JKs?

D

kevinp19 08-30-2011 01:43 AM

Umm.... maybe? Haha. Bro, I'm so new to Jeeps, the Wranglers all look like Wranglers. Well, except the square-headlights variety. And I did see a Scrambler the other day. Beyond that, it'll take a while for me to be able to identify what is what. Mine is a JK. THAT, I know. :)

Edit: And I'm not entirely well versed on the trails. I have been about a mile down Keana Point (far NW part of O'ahu), but never needed 4WD. I hear there are some areas out there where you DO need it. I'm going to wait until I have someone with me to find out.

only1phoenixx 09-03-2011 10:43 PM

No worries, I find it hard to tell what year each model is (if there even is a way :) )

I'm surprised there isn't a big Jeep community in Oahu! Maybe I just haven't found it? Or its extremely exclusive :P ? Or maybe more so on the Big Island...?

If any of you guys every venture up, my group is super friendly and meet every week! :) I love em! :punk:

D

kevinp19 09-04-2011 12:51 AM

I'll remember this if I ever make it to Canada!! Which is on my list of to-do stuff. :)

Hellraiser 09-04-2011 12:57 AM

Canada here too! Edmonton for me.

only1phoenixx 09-06-2011 09:16 AM

Yes! You definitely gotta check out your awesome northern neighbour!!! Lots to see and do! Lemme know if you ever come to Toronto with your Jeep! :D

Heyah Hellraiser!!! Are you currently in Hawaii or going to be visiting Hawaii soon?! :)

D

Hellraiser 09-06-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by only1phoenixx
Yes! You definitely gotta check out your awesome northern neighbour!!! Lots to see and do! Lemme know if you ever come to Toronto with your Jeep! :D

Heyah Hellraiser!!! Are you currently in Hawaii or going to be visiting Hawaii soon?! :)

D

Hey! Nope I'm in Deadmonton. Lol. I'm crossing my fingers on Hawaii for next year. If I get my bonus. But I'm thinking more of driving to Ottawa would be a lot of fun. Relatives live there. I drove there 3 years ago and I loved the drive along Lake Superior.

only1phoenixx 09-19-2011 07:11 PM

@Hellraiser

Edmonton may be dead...but you're so much closer to BC than me!!! Lucky you :)

I love long, scenic drives too (esp with the top off or at least half :P) which is why I'm hoping my buddies will do a around-the-island drive when we're in Oahu! Don't know if they're gonna want a Jeep as a rental though...

Any spots we should definitely stop at?