Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2012 Rubi -- No Drain Plugs? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2012-rubi-no-drain-plugs-108346.html)

JK Simon 08-19-2011 05:50 PM

2012 Rubi -- No Drain Plugs?

I'm probably going to feel very silly for asking this, but have they done away with the drain plugs on the 2012 JKU-R? I'm not finding them...

Mainly curious if I'm being blind/dense (wouldn't be the first time)...a good wet/dry vac should do nicely when I get caught with the top down.

daggo66 08-19-2011 06:02 PM

I'm sure they're there. You have to pull the carpet up. there should be two in each front footwell, one under each seat, and one in each rear footwell, as well as some in the rear storage area.

JK Simon 08-19-2011 06:11 PM

Pulled the floor mats up -- nothing but the securing hook for the mat itself (and I checked -- that's not the plug).

Looking underneath, I'm not showing any ports/openings for the plugs.

KooL 08-19-2011 06:40 PM

You can't see most of them from under the Jeep, at least very easily. They're under the carpet, not just the floor mats. Easiest place to see what they look like is to take your jack and lug wrench out and see the one right under them. No carpet pulling required, plus you can get to it from the bottom.

daggo66 08-19-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK Simon (Post 1488533)
Pulled the floor mats up -- nothing but the securing hook for the mat itself (and I checked -- that's not the plug).

Looking underneath, I'm not showing any ports/openings for the plugs.

The bottom is a smooth oval that will look flush with the underside. You'd have to know right where to look to see them. Yank the edge of the carpet up, don't worry you won't hurt anything, it goes back.

Mortalis5509 08-19-2011 06:53 PM

If not a drill bit and a drill will take care of the problem.

daggo66 08-19-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortalis5509 (Post 1488646)
If not a drill bit and a drill will take care of the problem.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

daggo66 08-19-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK Simon (Post 1488475)
I'm probably going to feel very silly for asking this, but have they done away with the drain plugs on the 2012 JKU-R? I'm not finding them...

Mainly curious if I'm being blind/dense (wouldn't be the first time)...a good wet/dry vac should do nicely when I get caught with the top down.

Have you taken the top and doors off yet?

JK Simon 08-19-2011 07:04 PM

Top yes, haven't taken the doors off yet...

daggo66 08-19-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK Simon (Post 1488683)
Top yes, haven't taken the doors off yet...

:thumb:

daggo66 08-19-2011 07:11 PM

Now it's time to lose all that pre-ordered/built/delivery crap in your signature and become a regular JK owner like the rest of us. Start listing your mods instead!

tomthbomb 08-19-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 1488717)
Now it's time to lose all that pre-ordered/built/delivery crap in your signature and become a regular JK owner like the rest of us. Start listing your mods instead!

Agree! List your mods in your sig. Inquiring minds want to know.

tcunningham1979 08-19-2011 08:46 PM

Here's a link I found through google for the jku plugs. I took my doors off the first day I took my 12 to work. It started to look like rain so I managed to find them during lunch, well four of them anyway. I'll find the rest later. The ones under the seats are fairly close to the anchors, well at least on one side.

Jeep JK unlimited drain plugs - a set on Flickr

BTW, get some Monstaliner. I've got a can waiting for Labor Day weekend! It'll be my first mod.

JK Simon 08-19-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 1488717)

Done...though no mods to speak of beyond sidesteps at this time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcunningham1979 (Post 1489152)
Here's a link I found through google for the jku plugs. I took my doors off the first day I took my 12 to work. It started to look like rain so I managed to find them during lunch, well four of them anyway. I'll find the rest later. The ones under the seats are fairly close to the anchors, well at least on one side.

Jeep JK unlimited drain plugs - a set on Flickr

BTW, get some Monstaliner. I've got a can waiting for Labor Day weekend! It'll be my first mod.

Thank you! I'll look into the Monstaliner...

Quote:

Originally Posted by KooL (Post 1488607)
You can't see most of them from under the Jeep, at least very easily. They're under the carpet, not just the floor mats. Easiest place to see what they look like is to take your jack and lug wrench out and see the one right under them. No carpet pulling required, plus you can get to it from the bottom.

Bingo! That's what I was missing...didn't want to pull the carpet up unless I knew that I was supposed to ;)

ESP 08-19-2011 10:04 PM

yep another :popcorn: