Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

2012 wrangler discount troubles. (For those with those 1-3% or FFP/EP

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  MBravo 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. Thought I would take a moment to share a little of my horror story from yesterday in hopes that I can possibly throw you a bone.

As it turned out, the JKU Rubi I had on order was returned to the plant as damaged. My salesperson called me and gave me the bad news... At the same time she let me know that a dealership about 2 hours from me had 4 on the ground, 2 autos and 2 manuals that were a dead match for the one I had ordered. (2 Natural Green Pearl if rare is your thing, PM me if you are in TN Ill give the details on how to do what I did.)

Needless to say, 2 hours later I was at the dealership on a test drive. I quickly noticed that the dealer had placed a supplemental window sticker claiming $2500 in dealer installed options, and a $5000 LOA (Limited Availability) charge. Making the non-negotiable price of 48155 before TTL.

I was not afraid, because through my company, I can obtain a control number and purchase any Chrystler vehicle that is not a limited edition for EP -$2000.

HOWEVER! At the begging of the process, the salesman told me the GM had decided NOT to honor the agreement. I fell back on the TL agreement, which he also decided not to honor.

I proceed to a Mr. Alaxander's office with Crystler on the phone. Crystler advised that he did not have a choice, and he pulled the units 2012 off the sales list for an, and I quote, "safety and maintenance inspection".

Long, heated, and very angry story glossed over... THERE IS A WAY TO BEAT THESE JACK ASS DEALERS!!!

Find a lot that does accept your special program, I found one pretty close to home, and request what is called a "dealer trade". The dealers will negotiate a deal and the lot that accepts your program will take possession of the vehicle you are after...

So, in short, don't get frustrated like I did. It can make a dealer trade impossible.

I am sure many of you know this already, but I was surprised in telling my story later that evening at the bar how many people had no idea what I was talking about. So like I said, I thought I would take a moment to share my strategy here. Thanks.

See less See more
#3 ·
:D Thats all very enlightening and beneficial, but

Where did your purchase, for this 2012 Rubi, end up in the scale of prices ??

It seems that $48,xxx bucks is "just a tad high"--where's the Final Figure (FF)-or "out the door (OTD) ??

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

#9 ·
OTD and on the road $36K + a little. Suppose I can PM a pic of the agreement if that seems insane.

Strictly numbers, INCLUDING TTL I spent 10k less than the other dealers STICKER price.

Enlightening and beneficial nothing. That is about $12,000 I kept in my bank account. Imagine what one could do with a brand spanking new JKU Rubi and $12k lying around...

#7 ·
I PMd you to find out the dealer but I think I found it. I was wondering why their 'retail' pricing on the website was not matching the sticker. There are plenty of dealers around the Nashville area that will deal. I just got a quote back from one for 2.5% under invoice/$399 doc fee without the TL discount. I was hoping to find one and get it transfered there. If that can't happen, I might just order from them and wait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.