Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Half doors & heated leather seats on 2 door? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/half-doors-and-heated-leather-seats-on-2-door-110964.html)

Jared1956 09-03-2011 09:39 PM

Half doors & heated leather seats on 2 door?

Hey guys, I just ordered a 2012 Rubicon 2 door, and I spec'd it out with half doors and leather seats. The dealers system allowed me to do this, where it would not allow half doors and heated cloth seats.

My sales guy is one of my best friends and he says my order is status is "editing", which I thought, and so did he, that meant we would have to change something.....i.e. the leather seats. But his manager is telling him that he has not heard from Jeep yet so they are not doing anything yet.

Does anyone know if leather seats are available with half doors?

Why did I order leather seats and half doors? I owned a 98 TJ Sport that I bought new and it was white with a tan interior and half doors...I owned that Jeep up until 2010 and sold it because I was tired of seeing it deteriorate. I got married in that Jeep. Anyway, so I wanted a white JK with tan interior so that it would be just like my old TJ.

I like half doors and a soft top because you can take the top off by yourself, in a parking lot on a whim. I also owned a 05 Sport TJ with a hard top and it never came off. (But I had the 98 at the same time so I didnt need to take the top off both)

So I guess at this point, I will have to order full doors and the power conveincance group to get heated leather seats.....then I will have to go out and buy half doors and get them painted etc. Going to add 3K to the price of my Jeep when it is all said and done:eek:

Anyway, if anyone can confirm they do not offer leather and half doors that would be greatly appreciated.

Jared1956 09-03-2011 09:58 PM

Looks like I will have to change it.....according to one of Milous's posts, you must have power convenience group to have heated seats....and you cant have power convenience with half doors.

Up Hill Bill 09-03-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jared1956 (Post 1537165)
Looks like I will have to change it.....according to one of Milous's posts, you must have power convenience group to have heated seats....and you cant have power convenience with half doors.

But, you or your dealer can put in Mopar or other after market heated seats. Don't despair!

Mykll 09-04-2011 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill (Post 1537177)
But, you or your dealer can put in Mopar or other after market heated seats. Don't despair!

Yep! Sport so no option whatsoever of factory heated seats. Got the Mopar kits. If you can turn a wrench in any fashion, look into installing them yourself, supposedly they are amazingly easy to do. I kick myself now for the wasted labor cost, but oh well.

Jared1956 09-04-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mykll

Yep! Sport so no option whatsoever of factory heated seats. Got the Mopar kits. If you can turn a wrench in any fashion, look into installing them yourself, supposedly they are amazingly easy to do. I kick myself now for the wasted labor cost, but oh well.

Yeah, I am a decent mechanic.....I changed the exhaust manifold on my 98 three times due to cracking, I own a 46 2A, and am in the process of building a 53 3B. But....upholstery work......is kind of like paint work.....almost an art form. I downloaded the PDF instruction sheet for the Mopar heated seat kit from quadratec.....essentially you remove the seat, ok that's easy.....the seats already have wiring ran to them for the airbag sensors so the heated wires just plug into those, so that is easy.....but the hard part is removing the hog rings and peeling back the lower and upper seat covers, placing the heating pads which are adhesive backed, then refastening the seat covers with new rings and making sure it is tight with no wrinkles. Oh, and then you have to take the dash apart and use a dremel tool to cut a small slot to mount the control switch.

If labor is less than 500, I think I will let them handle it :-)

Mykll 09-04-2011 10:31 AM

My dealer charged me the Mopar standard install time of 2 hours for $220 labor. It was the first time they have ever installed any heated seat on any vehicle so it took them a LOT longer than that. Glad I didn't have to pay actual number of hours.

If you have someone else do it, look around your Jeep for control locations and see if you can tell them where you want them installed. I incorrectly assumed they would be installed on my row of mostly empty buttons below the AC controls.

rob.atkinson 09-29-2012 12:35 PM

I bought a JK last month but wanted leather seats. They installed them aftermarket to still make the sale. So I believe you can just order the Wranger with half doors and put in after market leather seats. For the JK I believe it cost me $1600 for the four tan leather seats from the dealer and they installed them.

No, my problem is that I now want back half doors and trying to find out where to buy them. The Jeep dealer is trying to discourage me from buying them there and tells me I have to buy all the components and then assemble and have painted. Can't believe that to be true.

Any idea on where I can buy Deep Cherry Red back half doors with windows?