Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   South Carolina Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f72/)
-   -   Charleston area Jeepers! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f72/charleston-area-jeepers-111079.html)

SirGeorgeKillian 09-04-2011 01:27 PM

Charleston area Jeepers!

Anyone wanna go find some mud tomorrow? It might be raining a little, that's just a guarantee on the mud part though.....

smaxberry 09-06-2011 07:41 PM

Dang! Reading this 2 days late. Ive got family in this weekend but I would like to do some off roaring with another capable vehicle. Let me know when you're going out again.

SirGeorgeKillian 09-06-2011 08:20 PM

How does an overnight trip to Gulches off road park sound? It is about 3 hours out from Charleston. Thinking one weekend we ride out, wheel, camp, wheel, then ride home. Id like to wait till it cools down a bit, plus I have got to at least get through gator season..... It would be nice to have about 5 Jeeps riding out....

smaxberry 09-09-2011 06:09 PM

I would be down, this weekend is nice but obviously out. I leave the area for VA at the end of the month, and won't be back til end of Nov beginning of Dec. I would love go though and might be able to add others to the group.

SirGeorgeKillian 09-09-2011 06:36 PM

I've got to wait a few weeks for my schedule to free up a bit. I've got a fella flying in from Vegas for a gator hunt next week. Id like to wait till it cools down a bit, to make it not sweaty as balls at night and also to cut down on the skeeters. I will also check with the park and make sure there isn't any big event going on when we decide to go.

bugmcw 09-20-2011 01:29 PM

Chucktown Fellas,

I am a Jeep newbie looking around for a used TJ for ~10 - 15k and admittedly don't know much about Wranglers- I obviously want as low mileage as possible within my budget and I'd rather not have to put tires on it etc. What types of things should i look for? Here is one of the jeeps im looking at, any thoughts? Thanks in advance-

Brent

LINKY for JEEP

SirGeorgeKillian 09-20-2011 01:38 PM

Seems kinda high to me. I would look around a little more...

bugmcw 09-20-2011 01:45 PM

I was thinking the same for the mileage, there is this one but the price is top top what i am looking to pay. Is there anything in particular I should pay attention to? Known issues? i am looking for the i6 5speed

SirGeorgeKillian 09-20-2011 02:10 PM

Maybe it is because I am on my mobile, but I didn't see a Jeep in the second post. Just a link for Hendricks

bugmcw 09-20-2011 02:18 PM

Probably a mobile issue, the hendricks site is flash based i think. here is a picture:
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...0at31457PM.png

and the description:
Condition:Used Clear Title
Engine:4.0L L6 MPI
Transmission:Manual
Mileage:48,644
Drivetrain:Four Wheel Drive
Exterior Color:SILVER
Interior Color:Agate

SirGeorgeKillian 09-20-2011 02:31 PM

Send me a PM if you want, I could possibly go take a look at it with you.

Franziska 10-12-2011 06:47 PM

Where are some good places to "test out the 4 wheel drive" around Charleston, SC?

Jason04Sahara 12-01-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franziska
Where are some good places to "test out the 4 wheel drive" around Charleston, SC?

Have you found a spot yet? I've been going to a spot in the Summerville / Ladson area. I'm waiting to get a lift and bigger tires before I go back out there tho. It's a pretty fun spot. There are a few spots to get stuck when you're only runnin 30" A/Ts... ha ha PM me if you want details on where it's at.

cozzmo21 12-01-2011 05:43 PM

Just put on a little lift on the jeep and was wanting to test it out, anyone know where a good spot might be? Need to get this thing dirty! :banghead:

smaxberry 12-01-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason04Sahara

Have you found a spot yet? I've been going to a spot in the Summerville / Ladson area. I'm waiting to get a lift and bigger tires before I go back out there tho. It's a pretty fun spot. There are a few spots to get stuck when you're only runnin 30" A/Ts... ha ha PM me if you want details on where it's at.

There is a place behind the distribution center between the bi-lo and red bank, it's posted. There is a spot behind the abandoned gas station right before you cross the tracks into the weapon station on red bank, unposted. I have been told where they are extending N. Rhett (extreme north end) is good and posted. And I have also been told behind yokoso's in n. charleston was good and unposted. I only have a tow strap and 33's but am down for some riding.

SirGeorgeKillian 12-02-2011 08:35 AM

Hmmmmmm. Interesting. That is all VERY local to me...

Jason04Sahara 12-02-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozzmo21
Just put on a little lift on the jeep and was wanting to test it out, anyone know where a good spot might be? Need to get this thing dirty! :banghead:

I'm getting 33s and a 4" lift this weekend. I can't wait to put it in the mud next weekend. Me and my brother take our jeeps out between college park, tall pines, and hunters bend. We'll be heading out there next Sunday. It would be cool to have more jeeps out there.

smaxberry 12-03-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason04Sahara

I'm getting 33s and a 4" lift this weekend. I can't wait to put it in the mud next weekend. Me and my brother take our jeeps out between college park, tall pines, and hunters bend. We'll be heading out there next Sunday. It would be cool to have more jeeps out there.

I'm game. Just give me a time.

SirGeorgeKillian 12-04-2011 08:50 AM

I sent some PM's out fellas, lets go get em dirty!

Jason04Sahara 12-04-2011 03:15 PM

Soon Real Soon. I can't till the lift tho. Those 33s would rip my fenders apart if I hit a good rut. Ha ha I should be good for Sunday

cozzmo21 12-05-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason04Sahara (Post 1793608)

Sounds cool man, im new to chuck town so i have no idea where those places are. Im game if yall go out though!

Jason04Sahara 12-05-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Sounds cool man, im new to chuck town so i have no idea where those places are. Im game if yall go out though!

I'm hoping I can get that lift put on before this Sunday. I'll post here again if we are gonna get to go.

cozzmo21 12-07-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason04Sahara (Post 1800679)
I'm hoping I can get that lift put on before this Sunday. I'll post here again if we are gonna get to go.

Right on man, just had my new front and rear bumpers delivered to the house today, at worst its a jeep build up weekend....................... and thats never a bad thing!:dance:

Jason04Sahara 12-08-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Right on man, just had my new front and rear bumpers delivered to the house today, at worst its a jeep build up weekend....................... and thats never a bad thing!:dance:

I'm on my way to pick up my jeep now. So this Sunday is definitely on. Do you know where I can find a rear bumper that dips down to fit bigger tires? I had to deflate my spare so I could put it on. Ha ha

smaxberry 12-08-2011 05:14 PM

Where's the meet up for Sunday

cozzmo21 12-09-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason04Sahara (Post 1810612)
I'm on my way to pick up my jeep now. So this Sunday is definitely on. Do you know where I can find a rear bumper that dips down to fit bigger tires? I had to deflate my spare so I could put it on. Ha ha

Hmmm, im gonna have a stock spare pumper, from what if found out its more about the tire mount. But im not really the one to take advice from on that, but if you need a free rear or front bump, by all means ill give ya mine. Whats the plan for sun? lets get muddy, just looking for a good meet up spot that we can gather at, im sure everyone else on this thread is wondering the same thing. " Ghost rider call the ball the pattern is full":dance:

SirGeorgeKillian 12-09-2011 01:41 AM

I should be game for Sunday if we can meet up at 1ish.

Jason04Sahara 12-10-2011 07:52 PM

Ok Tomorrow is on. PM or text me if anyone wants go out there. I'm thinking about getting out there around 1 at the latest, hopefully earlier tho. We could meet up at the CVS on 17A near Sangaree, and Y'all can follow me out to the trails. My brother will be bringing his kids so if you can, try to keep things PG-13. Ha ha

Jason: 843-593-1802

SirGeorgeKillian 12-11-2011 10:22 AM

Jason, I sent you a text, see you guys soon.

rjpark36 12-11-2011 02:01 PM

Wish I had read this a couple hours ago. I live in Hunter's Bend and would love to see what's back behind the neighborhood! Any pics?