Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Spiders and mosquitos! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/spiders-and-mosquitos-111378.html)

vbTJeeper 09-06-2011 08:47 AM

Spiders and mosquitos!
 
Does anyone else have bug problems in their Jeeps? I usually leave my rear and front windows off overnight and I always walk into a web. Mosquitos are always flying around my legs also. I have no carpet, so where are they hiding? I'm going to take the pads off my roll bar as I have seen some spiders under there. any other suggestions?

Wave,
Erik

Shelby427 09-06-2011 09:47 AM

I'd say it's not the jeep, it's where you are parking that's doing it.

shredd_guy 09-06-2011 10:01 AM

umm put the windows on?? otherwise its just habitat for critters. I had some mice move into my old cherokee. they started eating the food left behind by my kids. I set a trap and caught one, but something had eaten half of it by morning?? i set another trap and caught another mouse. made you think twice about fishing around under the seats i'll tell you.

SirGeorgeKillian 09-06-2011 10:18 AM

I walk out and fire up my therma cell about 10 mins before I leave for the morning.

YHSublime 09-06-2011 11:37 AM

I get spiderwebs, even in my driveway. Not so much skeeters.

tjike 09-06-2011 11:40 AM

^^
x2

tomcahuita 09-06-2011 11:51 AM

I am living at the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica and this is my "garage":whistling:

http://up.picr.de/8145984wek.jpg

There are millions of critters in my Jeep :surrender:
But there are also geckos and lizards in it that eat them:dance:

Greetings from Cahuita
Thomas

jrussblues 09-06-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vbTJeeper
Does anyone else have bug problems in their Jeeps? I usually leave my rear and front windows off overnight and I always walk into a web. Mosquitos are always flying around my legs also. I have no carpet, so where are they hiding? I'm going to take the pads off my roll bar as I have seen some spiders under there. any other suggestions?

Wave,
Erik

Under the dash by your feet and under seats, that's where they hide.

markzeronine 09-06-2011 12:50 PM

I had these annyoing ants on the exterior lol... it was a problem with my apartment complex, they would just crawl to higher ground during heavy rain. They fixed the ant problem and now the jeep is ant free. Thankfully.

vbTJeeper 09-06-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelby427 (Post 1544095)
I'd say it's not the jeep, it's where you are parking that's doing it.

Disagree. No trees around. I park either in front of my house or in my driveway

sloppywood 09-06-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shredd_guy (Post 1544126)
I set a trap and caught one, but something had eaten half of it by morning??

Most likely another mouse. I have a pest control business in Florida and find half eaten rodents in traps all the time in attics.

kinder13 09-06-2011 03:54 PM

i have woke up with a snake in the floor board, my cat likes to sleep in there at night, and every morning theres a spiderweb between the rollbar and windshield.

its just something i have gotten used to lol

immarkshy 09-06-2011 03:57 PM

insects and rodents like jeeps too...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.