Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF Site Help & Support (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f2/)
-   -   Banned on Other Sites (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f2/banned-on-other-sites-111422.html)

Vyper340 09-06-2011 01:09 PM

Banned on Other Sites

Can we have a thread to talk about what site and why if you were banned from another Jeep forum?

If we can post the site and a brief story of why

Vyper340 09-06-2011 01:19 PM

I have been part of several sites ranging from boating forums to several car manufacturer forums for more than 10 years. I am relatively new here because I haven't owned an American company made car in more than 10 years but recently bought my wife the new Grand Cherokee Overland and and JK UnLTD as a toy for me. I've always said that when the American companies can build something with the quality of the BMW/Mercedes/Toyota level of products then I would give them a try. So far I am happy to report that the GC is an excellent product and made even better by the fact that it's a fantastic bargain compared to it's sister car (the Merc ML). Great JOB Chrysler!!

Love this site and have found tons of great info on the JK as I go through the mods to deck it out with!! Thanks to all those with their inputs and experiences to help weed through all the choices.

Vyper340 09-06-2011 01:46 PM

I guess at some sites that if you respond on a thread making note that Tread Lightly has a discount that could net you 2% off invoice price and a sales person from a non-participating dealer refutes it and you engage by responding, you can get banned.

On that site it seems that many of the moderators have "abuse of power" issues but interestingly I've found that many of them were booted off other sites which is why they are on that one. It's kind of sad that they have that much time monitor bulletin boards and don't even get paid for it.

Ibuildembig 09-06-2011 01:52 PM

Yep here too.....the mods on JP are a joke. Web wheelers at best!

ESP 09-06-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibuildembig (Post 1544669)
Web wheelers at best!

:rofl:

Walker77 09-06-2011 05:32 PM

Banned from J-forum for "language"...
I asked a simple question on stacking leafsprings on a YJ, a MODERATOR replied with a rude comment, something about my bedsprings/girlfriend.. of course all the lil goofball wanna be's praised him for his remarks. I said he was a penis and got banned until next month... :thumb:

Vyper340 09-07-2011 06:14 AM

I got banned for "life" from JKOwners because they (the self empowered moderators) said I was trolling when i was told that I could say anything about my issue in the Dirty Laundry section. I simply stated the facts about the deals available and the only ones stirring the pot where moderators so they used whatever power they could to protect their "friend" (I use that term lightly cause those geeks prolly never have met). It was a lie or it's probable there is no consistency to the rules they apply.
I wonder if they miss the point that it is the members that make the forum go round. oh well, don't want to associate with a site that behaves like that and who know, a few of the advertisers may come to feel the same way.

Funny thing about those sites though, there are other ways to get in when you have access to dozens of puters...i guess the socialized dictators, er moderators over there didnt realize it Proof that when there is a will there is a way. Lol

InvertChaos 09-07-2011 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vyper340
Funny thing about those sites though, there are other ways to get in when you have access to dozens of puters...i guess the socialized dictators, er moderators over there didnt realize it Proof that when there is a will there is a way. Lol

Or a dynamic IP address if you really wanted to play with them.

Janet H 09-07-2011 10:46 AM

Folks - we are closing this thread. Every board has rules and just like Sunday dinner at grandmas, yer expected to abide the house rules when you visit. We have them here as well. If you have a beef with another board please pursue that with them - but let's keep Wrangler Forum focused on Wranglers and not the infighting on other sites. Thanks for understanding :flowers: