Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   How big of tires with 4" TeraFlex lift? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/how-big-of-tires-with-4-teraflex-lift-111824.html)

Rexacon 09-08-2011 01:29 PM

How big of tires with 4" TeraFlex lift?

I got a 4" TeraFlex lift with Trail Master Upper and lower front and rear control arms. I have 35x12.50x18 Kumho MTs tires how much bigger can I go with out having flex isuses? Can I do a true 35 or a 36?

MTH 09-08-2011 01:41 PM

Yes. You could fit those 35s on a 2.5" lift so long as you don't wheel too hard.

You'll also need new wheels of course. And new driveshafts. And a regearing. And a ProCal. And probably new ball joints. Wouldn't hurt to add c-gussets too.

Rexacon 09-08-2011 01:46 PM

Oh btw I have a Superchips,banks ram air, gibson headers, E3 sparks and racing wires, cherry bomb Inline muffler, Yukon 5:38 gears, Coastal Front Drive Shaft, rear axle set a +4 castor angle. I know that I have trim the rear pinch seam. How big of tires can I run with out rubbing.

Rexacon 09-08-2011 01:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's some flex pic as u can c I have room

JIMBOX 09-08-2011 01:53 PM

:whistling: Wait a minute--

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexacon (Post 1551954)
Oh btw I have a Superchips,banks ram air, gibson headers, E3 sparks and racing wires, cherry bomb Inline muffler, Yukon 5:38 gears, Coastal Front Drive Shaft, rear axle set a +4 castor angle. I know that I have trim the rear pinch seam. How big of tires can I run with out rubbing.

You've had all that work done on your JKU and you DON'T KNOW your tire size limit ????

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

MTH 09-08-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexacon (Post 1551954)

Ahh, cool. You're all set then. I just get nervous when I see the "I just bought a monster lift and want huge tires" posts.

I'd expect a 4" lift could handle 37s, and I'd think flat flares would get you to 40s. Don't know first hand though, so someone's going to have to confirm me. :thumb:

rics1997 09-08-2011 01:54 PM

With a 4" lift, you should be able to fit 37" with no problems as long as correct bump stops are in place. Could even go a little bigger if you got flat fenders or trimmed the stock fenders.

Rexacon 09-08-2011 06:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These are the fenders I will be getting clear bigger tires

Rexacon 09-08-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMBOX
:whistling: Wait a minute--

You've had all that work done on your JKU and you DON'T KNOW your tire size limit ????

It's better to ask questions before you do some thing than ask later. This will save money. You will learn this one day.

Irongrave 09-08-2011 06:16 PM

37s and cut that girl up 4 inches is a lot of lift on a JK

JIMBOX 09-08-2011 06:22 PM

:whistling: Thanx, I've got so much to learn !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexacon (Post 1552585)
It's better to ask questions before you do some thing than ask later. This will save money. You will learn this one day.

Rexacon 09-08-2011 06:29 PM

Do you think 37s will limit my flex or will it help

JIMBOX 09-08-2011 06:36 PM

:whistling: They'll restrict your FLEX/ruin gas mileage/reduce power/ and stress axles/power steering/universals--

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexacon (Post 1552644)

5.38 gears/37s put you right back to the same power level as 33" tires and 3.73 gears-

If you're going to 37" tires you should swap in dana 60s !!, then you can venture into the 6.xx ratio world !

Irongrave 09-08-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexacon (Post 1552644)

you don't need much more then 4 inches of up travel. just because you limit uptravel dose not mean you limit flex.

Rexacon 09-08-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irongrave

you don't need much more then 4 inches of up travel. just because you limit uptravel dose not mean you limit flex.

Awesome :)

Rexacon 09-08-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

:whistling: They'll restrict your FLEX/ruin gas mileage/reduce power/ and stress axles/power steering/universals--

5.38 gears/37s put you right back to the same power level as 33" tires and 3.73 gears-

If you're going to 37" tires you should swap in dana 60s !!, then you can venture into the 6.xx ratio world !

Jimbo # get a life # 2 I have a Rubicon # 3 I'm putting a 4bt in it so go screw with a dork cuz I'm not buying ur smart mouth.

JIMBOX 09-08-2011 07:09 PM

:whistling: Heh Heh, I'm glad we had this little chat-although it's hard to figure how you consider wear facts "ur smart mouth"--thats OK, I understand why you feel that way !

You could take a break-and tell me how does one "go screw with a dork"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexacon (Post 1552763)
Jimbo # get a life # 2 I have a Rubicon # 3 I'm putting a 4bt in it so go screw with a dork cuz I'm not buying ur smart mouth.

Now, since you're really modifying your JKUR--there's no need for any more info--you've gotit all figured !!

:nonono::nonono: JIMBO

Rexacon 09-08-2011 07:19 PM

I asked one question in a jeep forum and I always get this immature feed back. Can all the losers leave my thread alone for once I'm sick and tired of people like jimbo. If you are commenting on this thread please stay on topic and not be like "Jimbo" cuz I can start this same thread on anther forum without this dancing laughing at Jeepers.

JIMBOX 09-08-2011 07:24 PM

:whistling: I'm afraid you've over reacted and lets just forget I ever said anything-

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexacon (Post 1552803)
I asked one question in a jeep forum and I always get this immature feed back. Can all the losers leave my thread alone for once I'm sick and tired of people like jimbo. If you are commenting on this thread please stay on topic and not be like "Jimbo" cuz I can start this same thread on anther forum without this dancing laughing at Jeepers.

I won't comment on anything you say again--ever

Say goodnight Gracie !

:facepalm: JIMBO

nickmimi 09-08-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexacon (Post 1552577)
These are the fenders I will be getting clear bigger tires

What kind of fenders are those?

Thanks

Irongrave 09-08-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexacon (Post 1552803)

no need to post that just hit this icon http://cdn.wranglerforum.com//images/buttons/report.gif on the post that is offensive hijacking or way off topic.

Rexacon 09-08-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickmimi

What kind of fenders are those?

Thanks

SmittyBilt XRC :)

Rexacon 09-08-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irongrave

no need to post that just hit this icon on the post that is offensive hijacking or way off topic.

Thanks but I'm not sure that I can do that cuz I'm posting from the I phone app.

MTH 09-08-2011 08:36 PM

Seriously Rex, I don't get it. :confused:

Jimbo's a huge asset, knows a ton, and I went back and re-read the whole thread--I can't see what he said or did wrong.

I think you guys just missed each other.

ESP 09-08-2011 08:48 PM

^ x2 He was legitimately trying to help you and providing good info there Rex.

kjeeper10 09-08-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTH
Seriously Rex, I don't get it. :confused:

Jimbo's a huge asset, knows a ton, and I went back and re-read the whole thread--I can't see what he said or did wrong.

I think you guys just missed each other.

He misunderstood his smileys, doesn't realize he has them in all his post.

ESP 09-08-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1553080)
He misunderstood his smileys, doesn't realize he has them in all his post.

Jimbo likes his "!!!" too. :whistling:

JIMBOX 09-08-2011 09:03 PM

:whistling: If you guys keep this up-

I'm gonna go buy a dog, so I can KICKEM !!!!!

I can't kick my armadillo-

:speechless-smiley::speechless-smiley: JIMBO

kjeeper10 09-08-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

:whistling: If you guys keep this up-

I'm gonna go buy a dog, so I can KICKEM !!!!!

I can't kick my armadillo-

:speechless-smiley::speechless-smiley: JIMBO

:rofl: :rofl: :whistling: :hide:

Rexacon 09-08-2011 09:50 PM

Sry Jeepers and Jimbo, I been harassed in the Jeepforum several times and I guess I lashed out at u guys abit harshly please dont take my post to heart. Thanks for all the info.