Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   Greetings (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/greetings-1120.html)

dagr8tim 02-15-2006 09:08 AM

Greetings
 
What's up folks. I'm glad I finally found you. Beyond the usual (like anyone really reads people's back stories), I'm looking for some information.

I just pulled a set of rims off of my 97 Wrangler (15x7, I think). They are the standard painted plane jane rims.

My question is, because I am actually a ford guy, I know back in the day jeep rims had the same lug spacing as fords, with just a bigger center hole. Another ford guy is considering buying my old rims, but I need to assure him they will bolt up.

Can somebody give me some info on the lug spacing, and offset? He wants them for some old 70's Ford he's got.

I hope to come back and be productive later, but I gotta make room in the garage before I can start having too much fun.

khenderson 02-15-2006 03:54 PM

welcome to the forum. and sadly enough, most of us do read everyone's story....it gives us(at least the admins and mods) a much better knowledge of everyone that's here on the forum. makes for a more friendly place to stop by.

anyways, you're wheels are a 5x4.5 lug pattern. they have like 5 or 5.5'' of backspacing, i think. could be wrong on that one.

amerijeep 02-15-2006 06:21 PM

Welcome to WF!

I don't thinkyour Jeep rims will go on a Ford, but I'm not positive. Jeeps sine 1987 are 5x4.5. I belive Fords are 5x5.5. I'm not absolutely sure though.

1BLKJP 02-15-2006 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerijeep
Welcome to WF!

I don't thinkyour Jeep rims will go on a Ford, but I'm not positive. Jeeps sine 1987 are 5x4.5. I belive Fords are 5x5.5. I'm not absolutely sure though.

Um, I have to say nope on this one. The Ford 8.8 axle is probably the most popular rear axle swap in a jeep. The bolt pattern is exactly the same. So an explorer, ranger, mountaineer etc.... all have the exact same 5x4.5 bolt pattern as a jeep. I think 8.8's were also in the older F150's so I bet they had the same pattern also. I think the new ones have a 9.25 in them and I believe anything half ton is the 5x5.5 pattern or the larger 6 and 8 lug as you go on up.

amerijeep 02-15-2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BLKJP
Um, I have to say nope on this one. The Ford 8.8 axle is probably the most popular rear axle swap in a jeep. The bolt pattern is exactly the same. So an explorer, ranger, mountaineer etc.... all have the exact same 5x4.5 bolt pattern as a jeep. I think 8.8's were also in the older F150's so I bet they had the same pattern also. I think the new ones have a 9.25 in them and I believe anything half ton is the 5x5.5 pattern or the larger 6 and 8 lug as you go on up.


You're right, Jack. I had looked it up. I was coming to correct myself, but you beat me to it. I don't know where I was coming from.

1BLKJP 02-15-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerijeep
You're right, Jack. I had looked it up. I was coming to correct myself, but you beat me to it. I don't know where I was coming from.

No worries bro.

dagr8tim 02-15-2006 10:51 PM

Thanks for the info guys. What got me thinking about this is a guy did a front disk conversion on his 66 bronco (I think) using jeep rotors. He just had to make a spacer ring for the hubs to take up the space in the rotor.

I wanted to make sure these rims were a jeep pattern rather than a chrysler bolt pattern (I know I'm a total jeep noob).

That info really helps. It should allow me to get rid of an extra set of rims, and make alittle more space in the garage. Now I just gotta get that 91 Topaz out of the garage (I still need to put the GFX on it).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 AM.