Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Order on Restriction? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/order-on-restriction-112825.html)

Iron Maiden 09-14-2011 04:13 PM

Order on Restriction?
 
Ordered my new JK Sport on Saturday. Got a copy of the POC in the mail this afternoon. All the equipment is right, have a VON, shows as a sold order and the build priority is 01. So all is good. Except...

Two sales codes are shaded as "on restriction"
- JKJLTZ WRANGLER SPORT 4X4
- 24S CUSTOMER PREFERRED PACKAGE 24S

Are you kidding me? The Jeep itself and the 24S are on restriction? Does anyone have any idea why and what the impact is?

I can't believe that Jeep has the Sport on restriction. :banghead:

S1kRR 09-14-2011 05:50 PM

I ordered a 2 door Rubi on the 4th and it is highlighted as on "Restriction" also. I didn't think anything of it while I was at the dealership, so I didn't ask.

I emailed my salesman earlier in the week and he told me I was off "BG" status and now in "C" status as of yesterday the 13th.

Does anyone have any insight into what all of this means?

tomthbomb 09-14-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Maiden (Post 1570100)
I can't believe that Jeep has the Sport on restriction. :banghead:

JKU Saharas are on restriction too!:banghead::banghead:

Iron Maiden 09-14-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S1kRR (Post 1570347)
I ordered a 2 door Rubi on the 4th and it is highlighted as on "Restriction" also. I didn't think anything of it while I was at the dealership, so I didn't ask.

I emailed my salesman earlier in the week and he told me I was off "BG" status and now in "C" status as of yesterday the 13th.

Does anyone have any insight into what all of this means?

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Iron Maiden 09-14-2011 05:59 PM

Funny, about an hour after I started this thread I got an e-Mail from my dealer with a VIN saying the Jeep was in D status. Thinks it will be a couple weeks until D1.

Iron Maiden 09-14-2011 06:07 PM

Found this on another thread from a few days ago:

"All Wranglers are currently "on restriction" for dealer stock orders.... that is a normal monthly production thing. Restrition simply means current production is allready planned and if you place a stock order it will simply not move forward till next allocation when production goes to next round of scheduling."

From what I understand this just means that orders for dealer stock are restricted. Not sold customer orders.

S1kRR 09-14-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Maiden (Post 1570400)
Found this on another thread from a few days ago:

"All Wranglers are currently "on restriction" for dealer stock orders.... that is a normal monthly production thing. Restrition simply means current production is allready planned and if you place a stock order it will simply not move forward till next allocation when production goes to next round of scheduling."

From what I understand this just means that orders for dealer stock are restricted. Not sold customer orders.

Yeah, I saw that too. It sounds reasonable, but my POC has a Scheduling Priority of "1-Sold Order" with a Build Priority of "01".

I believe the dealer stock is listed as "4-Dealer Order" with a priority of "99".

I'm sure it is nothing to worry about, but I am curious as to what is going on.

S1kRR 09-14-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Maiden (Post 1570384)
Funny, about an hour after I started this thread I got an e-Mail from my dealer with a VIN saying the Jeep was in D status. Thinks it will be a couple weeks until D1.

That's good news. Nice that you are seeing some progress.

ShaneDiddy 09-18-2011 02:25 AM

Anyone confirmed this is for Dealer stock? I did a re-order today and it shows on restriction. Hoping it won't be and extra delay on top of the usual

Side note the sheet I got from the dealer ...both times Ive ordered is the config preview sheet that still shows pending order status. Both have the 4-Dealer at the bottom with build priority of 99, however I do believe that once the order is actually placed it will show as "sold order".....least i'm hoping.

Iron Maiden 09-18-2011 06:18 AM

According to Pat all Wranglers are on restriction right now due to the October allocation being used. But sold orders are at the front of the line.

All I know is that the POC I have in hand shows build priority 01 and scheduling priority as 1-sold order. My POC was printed after the order went into the system. It took 5 days to go to D1.

Rubicon_Jim 09-18-2011 07:25 AM

Ordered 9 days ago and my order is still restricted....booooo

tuff2010 09-18-2011 08:46 AM

I ordered mine on August 18th, it got to "D1" status Sept 9th....was on restriction for what seemed like forever..




Scheduled for Build (D1)09/09/2011 06:33 AM CDTToledo Supplier Park,

Loaded On Railcar09/21/2011 05:00 AM CDTToledo Rail, OH..
Railcar - Interchanged09/23/2011 09:00 AM CDTChicago, IL..
Railcar - Interchanged09/25/2011 01:00 AM CDTChicago, IL..
Railcar Placed at Destination Facility09/28/2011 02:00 PM CDTMesquite, TX..
Unloaded From Railcar09/28/2011 07:00 PM CDTMesquite, TX

Dogface 09-18-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Maiden (Post 1570400)
Found this on another thread from a few days ago:

"All Wranglers are currently "on restriction" for dealer stock orders.... that is a normal monthly production thing. Restrition simply means current production is allready planned and if you place a stock order it will simply not move forward till next allocation when production goes to next round of scheduling."

From what I understand this just means that orders for dealer stock are restricted. Not sold customer orders.

This is what my dlr said (it was my post) and I don't necessarily trust that info. Pat is the guy with the good info.

tuff2010 09-18-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogface (Post 1580184)
This is what my dlr said (it was my post) and I don't necessarily trust that info. Pat is the guy with the good info.


Yeap, Pat is the one that was able to tell me that the C1 packages were on restriction long ago..

Robbo 09-18-2011 12:53 PM

Okay, here's a weird one: the POC I left the dealer with after I ordered my JK says "Scheduling Priority: 1-Sold Order" but next to "Build Priority" it says "99." Is this normal? Does it say that just because it's on restriction? :confused:

FWIW, at the top it says "Status: BA - Pending Order."

Zmob 09-18-2011 03:18 PM

What does POC mean?

Barrier 09-18-2011 03:23 PM

Priced Order Confirmation= POC

Lew

Zmob 09-18-2011 03:34 PM

hmm, I didn't get one of those... should I have?

I feel like I'm being taken for a ride by this dealer in every way. I picked up a copy of the purchase agreement yesterday because it wasn't even offered to me last week when I ordered and being a first time buyer I sort of just floated along the whole process. When I got it I see my email was written wrong on it so even if he wanted to he couldn't send me crap (and it's f'd because I wrote down my own email in big capital letters) and my name is wrong on the sheet (which of course I didn't notice until after I got home). And the 3.73 gear ratio option isn't on the sheet, but I did ask for it.

I did call after I got home about the email (before I noticed the name was wrong too) and he just said "don't worry we'll just talk by phone" which is kinda dumb. Is he really going to take the time to just read me the VON/VIN numbers when they come in instead of just forwarding an email?

The guy made me put a $500 deposit on it, so I feel like I'm stuck with this guy now :/

Dogface 09-18-2011 03:39 PM

I'm no prude but watch your language on this forum.

That deposit is always refundable.

Zmob 09-18-2011 03:49 PM

Sorry, just frustrated and confused

Robbo 09-18-2011 04:26 PM

I put $1000 down. The salesperson said something along the lines of, "Since you're ordering a manual transmission along with the options you want, we'd have a hard time moving it if you backed out." I was planning on putting down a deposit, anyway, but I have real difficulty believing they'd have a hard time selling a six-speed with the 3.73 ratio on it, along with the other options I chose.

FTR, they had a six-speed hardtop Sport the same color as the one I ordered that had the 3.73 and fewer options than mine, and it sold in about a week and a half. In fact, the only 6-speed on the lot there now is an '11 Sport without A/C--all the other 6-speed JKs and JKUs have been sold.

swiber 09-18-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zmob (Post 1580994)
hmm, I didn't get one of those... should I have?

I feel like I'm being taken for a ride by this dealer in every way. I picked up a copy of the purchase agreement yesterday because it wasn't even offered to me last week when I ordered and being a first time buyer I sort of just floated along the whole process.
The guy made me put a $500 deposit on it, so I feel like I'm stuck with this guy now :/

I am in the same boat a you, i ordered mine on the Sep 12. I have purchased new, but i just went with the flow with the salesman. I had to put $1000 down.

swiber 09-18-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbo (Post 1581101)
I put $1000 down. The salesperson said something along the lines of, "Since you're ordering a manual transmission along with the options you want, we'd have a hard time moving it if you backed out."

The first dealer i went to said the same exact thing about the manual. But in my case they said i would have to pay in FULL first. On my way out the door, salesman asked if i wanted to apply for financing "i will have to think on it" At another dealer i put $1000 down for the order.

magician 09-18-2011 05:04 PM

Mine order on 7/18(RHD 4door) , and now still on C,i know this is may longer wait than the regular, but i hate it for long wait and noting i can do.

Robbo 09-18-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiber (Post 1581128)
The first dealer i went to said the same exact thing about the manual. But in my case they said i would have to pay in FULL first. On my way out the door, salesman asked if i wanted to apply for financing "i will have to think on it" At another dealer i put $1000 down for the order.

Pay IN FULL?!?!? Did they actually think anyone in their right mind would agree to that? :crazy:

swiber 09-18-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbo (Post 1581165)
Pay IN FULL?!?!? Did they actually think anyone in their right mind would agree to that? :crazy:

I did not faze me at all when he said it. I had bad vibe walking in the door But they first thing that came to my mind when he said pay in full, was the door is behind me.

Zmob 09-18-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiber (Post 1581120)
I am in the same boat a you, i ordered mine on the Sep 12. I have purchased new, but i just went with the flow with the salesman. I had to put $1000 down.

So did you not get a POC either?

swiber 09-18-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zmob (Post 1581198)
So did you not get a POC either?


Nope i got nothing. I only got a printout of the build your own off the web site.

ShaneDiddy 09-19-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbo (Post 1580722)
Okay, here's a weird one: the POC I left the dealer with after I ordered my JK says "Scheduling Priority: 1-Sold Order" but next to "Build Priority" it says "99." Is this normal? Does it say that just because it's on restriction? :confused:

FWIW, at the top it says "Status: BA - Pending Order."

I bugged the dealer to day for a POC and found out they hadn't put the order in yet. So they said they were bypassing their Inventory manager and placing the order and sent me a config preview in my email.
It is the same as yours (01 Sold Order but build priority of 99) which is funny and Im still trying to get an answer on what that means.
Though the sheet is just a config preview maybe it will change after the order is actually placed.

jeepxl 09-20-2011 06:39 PM

I had the same thing when I got my order preview, 1-sold order build priority-99.
When I got the actual POC, it changed the build priority to 1. Hopefully your's will say the same.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.