Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   North Carolina Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f73/)
-   -   Know any good spots? (Fayetteville, Hope Mills, Bragg) (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f73/know-any-good-spots-fayetteville-hope-mills-bragg-113101.html)

jeepgirl2006 09-16-2011 10:05 AM

Know any good spots? (Fayetteville, Hope Mills, Bragg)

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not new to Jeeps or off-roading. I have owned several soft top 4x4's, But for some reason (momentary insanity), I decided to trade my 1999 Jeep Wrangler for a 'mom-car' 5 years ago. :facepalm:

I finally saw the light and traded my Ford Escape for an '06 Wrangler the other day, and now I am dying to take it off road! I used to go mudding with a group of really great guys, but they have all been deployed or moved away and now I don't have anyone to play with! And even though I've been in Fayetteville for over 5 years now, the only place that I know of to go mudding is referred to as the 'pits' - off Camden Rd.

Anyone in the Fayetteville, Hope Mills, Bragg area (or anywhere close) know of any good places to go? Or better yet, anyone wanna go play in the dirt with me??
(I live in Fayetteville, near the Hope Mills line - down the road from Jack Britt HS, if that helps.)

Look forward to hearing from ya!

DirtyRob 09-25-2011 01:22 AM

I don't personally know of anywhere in the Fayettville area, but have you been to Uwharrie?
Also I am getting a small group together in a week or so, and I don't live far out of Fayettville. I will kep you in the loop for a day trip if you like. It will be within 50 miles from where you are

Gregorovich 10-10-2011 10:35 PM

Just got a jeep and live right around where you're talking about, Hope Mills Rd & Camden, and will be looking to go mudding. Haven't been to the "pit" but I believe a friend was talking about it. Is it off of Camden near the car wash place?

Gregorovich

Jason0080 10-16-2011 10:53 PM

Ok, this is my first thread so... Firsties! I've had my 2011 for two months at Bragg. I go off roading all the time on the Honeycut end of Bragg. It's a nice area to drive around.

Nilrym 12-28-2011 02:24 AM

How about the dirt portion of Nursery rd off NC 87 (north outta Spring Lake, left at the Nursery Rd light)... from looking at Google Earth it heads over to Overhills Lake and then on the Vass. I've not gone in there myself, but it looks promising.

DirtyRob 12-29-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilrym (Post 1865297)
How about the dirt portion of Nursery rd off NC 87 (north outta Spring Lake, left at the Nursery Rd light)... from looking at Google Earth it heads over to Overhills Lake and then on the Vass. I've not gone in there myself, but it looks promising.

I haven't been there in a long time. I have rode there on atv's 7-8 years ago. There was some mud and trails the best I can remember

UNCdrBURL 01-02-2012 10:30 AM

My 97 TJ and I are always looking to take a trip offroad. Im at Bragg as well. If you guys get anything together keep me posted. I'm running stock 30 and 35 without lockers so I am somewhat limited for the time being. I have wanted to go to uwharrie for a long time but have never gone, maybe we could get a trip together when the weather is nice.

DirtyRob 01-02-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNCdrBURL (Post 1880200)
My 97 TJ and I are always looking to take a trip offroad. Im at Bragg as well. If you guys get anything together keep me posted. I'm running stock 30 and 35 without lockers so I am somewhat limited for the time being. I have wanted to go to uwharrie for a long time but have never gone, maybe we could get a trip together when the weather is nice.

They open back up in April. We can do that keep in touch :punk:

BeerMan 01-18-2012 05:34 PM

BRAGG 4X4: Main Just checked out these guys and they seem cool.

wig-wag 04-20-2012 09:08 AM

I'm in the Fayetteville area. I'd love to get together and ride some trails. If you find any good ones let me know. I've been on FT Bragg land some, but the MPs get mad sometimes.

I go to western NC a good bit.

jeepgirl2006 04-24-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerMan
BRAGG 4X4: Main Just checked out these guys and they seem cool.

They are extremely cool, I've been in that club since October. :-)

Since posting this thread a while ago, I now know of some pretty good spots (and they're legal!! Haha) and I've got a more capable jeep now, too... An 88 YJ with 35's and lockers (there's a lot more in it, but I'll keep it short, lol).
Send me a message, maybe we could get some people together for a ride. I'll be in Daytona this weekend for Jeep Beach, maybe something next weekend??

AWDturboScott 07-22-2012 09:23 AM

Hey jeepgirl, can you post how to get to the pits? Im just south of hope mills and just bought a 01 sahara. Still have crap tires on it, but want to at least take it offroad and take it easy kinda close to home.

DirtyRob 07-25-2012 10:12 PM

I live in Dunn (near Godwin), and if anyone wants to come out there are some trails here at my place

gardner_michael2003 06-01-2013 04:33 PM

I live in Fayetteville and am always up for a trail ride if anyone wants to hit me up...

Spartangod2010 08-25-2013 12:33 AM

Off road options

Have you tried around Mott lake? You can get off road a bit, and when you need a break you can jump into the lake. There is usually campers around there.

Scikofaery69 08-27-2013 10:05 PM

i live in pinehurst moving to raeford tho would be cool to find some ppl to wheel with ive only had my tj for about a month but i had a cherokee before that i use mine to deliver mail 6 days a week :) but id love to get it dirty every now and again