Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Pennsylvania Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f97/)
-   -   Lancaster County Jeepers (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f97/lancaster-county-jeepers-113192.html)

littlethimble 09-16-2011 08:05 PM

Lancaster County Jeepers

Hey Ya'll,
OK I'm putting this out there as it's own thread.
Any and all Jeep owners in Lancaster County please read:
We'd really like to get our own Jeep Club Started here in the county. I realize PA Jeeps in York and there are some other clubs in the area, but nothing that really fits into the Lancaster area.
So....
If you're interested in getting a group together to hang out, try to find legal places to Wheel and network together to help get some wrenches turning on your build, please post here and we'll see what kind of response we get. We'll figure things out along the way. Someone posted about trying to have a Jeep Show in Lancaster next year, so that might be our jumping off point.
My husband and I both own Wranglers but we'd love to see all Jeepers join up.
I've posted this on the Jeep Forum too so if you have non Wrangler driving friends, ask them to post on there.
http://www.jeepforum.com/ubb/cheers2.gif

just1bear 09-17-2011 12:23 AM

Hey Great idea! I live in Lancaster City , I think that Lancaster county should have our own Jeep Club. I am game for sure I own a Wrangler YJ and have been contacting many other clubs around this area and have had NO return response from any of them for over two years. which is sad I think, because we all have Jeep in commin. So Hell yes!! lets do this. Peace! Bear

littlethimble 09-17-2011 09:25 AM

Thanks Bear!! My hubby has a YJ as well. We're in the southern end but both of us work in the City.

just1bear 09-17-2011 10:31 PM

Sweet! we should get together and get to know one another? That would be cool if it is at all possible? Please keep in touch. May I add you both as a friends? Let me know? Thanks have a good one. Bear

littlethimble 09-18-2011 06:49 AM

you sure can. my hubby is on here as Cbdelux. we'll set up a meet soon.

Kirkrv8 09-18-2011 07:14 AM

Count me and my wife in!! We are just south of Strasburg on 896 we have a white 2011 JKU:dance:

littlethimble 09-18-2011 07:31 AM

awesome welcome!!

CBDeluxYJ 09-18-2011 07:47 AM

I wanna Join too!!!! Oh wait, I already am a member. my wife
tarted the thread

just1bear 09-18-2011 04:51 PM

Hello CBDeluxYJ I have been responding to your wifes alert to form a local Lancaster area Jeep club. AWESOME idea!! I see you also own a Yj,what year? also your handle CBDeluxYJ? do you have a CB in your's by chance? I bought a Midland CB for my rig and have been looking for a Nice used Road King mic any suggestions? Would like to get together somtime soon to hang out and get to know fellow Jeepers in this area. Great to see that people are interested in the thread. Tale care. Bear

CBDeluxYJ 09-18-2011 05:38 PM

Hey bear. As a matter of fact, there are 2 reason for CBDeluxYJ. One is, yes I am putting a CB radio in mine. I have a uniden pc78 elite. I am a truck driver, so I like to have a Cb in my rig to know what sgoing on. The other reason is CB also stands for Construction Battalion for the navy SEABEE. My YJ is an 89 with cj7 hard doors and hard top

just1bear 09-18-2011 11:45 PM

Right on! I too have a uniden Pc78XL CB. I thank you for your response. Your Jeep sounds awesome, look forward to meeting you and any others who may connect for this club to hopefully form soon. Would be cool. Peace! Bear

brainofj01 09-20-2011 10:57 AM

I just bought a temporary one until my order comes in. Live in West Lampeter. I'm a salesman at Providence Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, and ordered a 2012 JKU Sahara, in Deep Cherry Red. For my temporary vehicle, I purchased a 2009 JK X, soft top, and was out last weekend trying to find some light trails to go on with the top back! I grew up in Parkesburg, and there were a few trails I could recall from 10 years ago, but they were all guard-railed in. You guys have any suggestions on a place that isn't gonna get me in trouble, and not cost money? I will probably be out just about every saturday evening, until the weather gets a bit too cold.

littlethimble 09-20-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brainofj01 (Post 1586533)
I just bought a temporary one until my order comes in. Live in West Lampeter. I'm a salesman at Providence Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, and ordered a 2012 JKU Sahara, in Deep Cherry Red. For my temporary vehicle, I purchased a 2009 JK X, soft top, and was out last weekend trying to find some light trails to go on with the top back! I grew up in Parkesburg, and there were a few trails I could recall from 10 years ago, but they were all guard-railed in. You guys have any suggestions on a place that isn't gonna get me in trouble, and not cost money? I will probably be out just about every saturday evening, until the weather gets a bit too cold.

Only if we get the employee pricing on our parts and accessories bought through Providence!! LOL just kidding, I bought my PT Cruiser through you guys. And I tried to buy a 2011 but my credit sucks so I didn't get approved :-( The only place anywhere near by is called Tower Rd over in York county, there is a thread in the off road section. We still go to Fishing Creek to get muddy after it rains, but you can't offroad anymore like we could 15 years ago. The road is bumpy as all get out, you drive through water on the 3 bridges, and you can fish there, but no off roading.
Welcome to the club!! And let us know if you can actually get us some discounts :-). I have a friend who's looking to buy a 4 door JK very soon.

brainofj01 09-20-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlethimble (Post 1586573)
Only if we get the employee pricing on our parts and accessories bought through Providence!! LOL just kidding, I bought my PT Cruiser through you guys. And I tried to buy a 2011 but my credit sucks so I didn't get approved :-( The only place anywhere near by is called Tower Rd over in York county, there is a thread in the off road section. We still go to Fishing Creek to get muddy after it rains, but you can't offroad anymore like we could 15 years ago. The road is bumpy as all get out, you drive through water on the 3 bridges, and you can fish there, but no off roading.
Welcome to the club!! And let us know if you can actually get us some discounts :-). I have a friend who's looking to buy a 4 door JK very soon.

Best thing I can suggest to get discounts is the Tread Lightly membership. Even without that, I can go to bat for you guys.

What's this Fishing Creek you speak of? And it appears to have rained, and may continue all week. Just sayin' :thumb:

littlethimble 09-20-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brainofj01 (Post 1586624)
Best thing I can suggest to get discounts is the Tread Lightly membership. Even without that, I can go to bat for you guys.

What's this Fishing Creek you speak of? And it appears to have rained, and may continue all week. Just sayin' :thumb:

AH a Fishing Creek virgin!! If you turn left out of the parking lot at Providence, go down 272 through the Buck, about a mile or so down the road you'll see a Restuarant called Valley View that sits in the middle of the road, veer right. Go through Chestnut Level, turn left at the stop sign, turn right at the next interestion, you'll see a little old cemetary on the far side of the intersection. Just a few feet up the road you'll see a road that veers off to the Right, that is Fishing Creek Hollow Rd (or just Fishing Creek road I forget which) follow that all the way to the end. This road is EXTREMELY bumpy and pot hole filled. At the stop sign turn right. A few feet down the road you'll see an opening on the Left, that's Fishing Creek. Take it all the way to the split in the road, turn around and go through it again LOL.
If you want I can meet you at Providence one afternoon/evening when you get off work and take you down. I get done work at 4:30 and usually pass Providence about 4:50 on my way home. I live about halfway between Providence and Fishing Creek just past the Buck.

brainofj01 09-20-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlethimble (Post 1586670)
AH a Fishing Creek virgin!! If you turn left out of the parking lot at Providence, go down 272 through the Buck, about a mile or so down the road you'll see a Restuarant called Valley View that sits in the middle of the road, veer right. Go through Chestnut Level, turn left at the stop sign, turn right at the next interestion, you'll see a little old cemetary on the far side of the intersection. Just a few feet up the road you'll see a road that veers off to the Right, that is Fishing Creek Hollow Rd (or just Fishing Creek road I forget which) follow that all the way to the end. This road is EXTREMELY bumpy and pot hole filled. At the stop sign turn right. A few feet down the road you'll see an opening on the Left, that's Fishing Creek. Take it all the way to the split in the road, turn around and go through it again LOL.
If you want I can meet you at Providence one afternoon/evening when you get off work and take you down. I get done work at 4:30 and usually pass Providence about 4:50 on my way home. I live about halfway between Providence and Fishing Creek just past the Buck.

Awesome, thanks! I may check it out this weekend, just to see it. The 09 I have now is a completely stock X. Will I run into any problems?

littlethimble 09-20-2011 04:38 PM

not at all. My friend has a stock 07 JK and he had no issues at all. He and I used to off road at Fishing Creek when it was still legal so he was used to the road, but as long as you have good shocks, you'll be good. I should be home all weekend hit me up on a PM if you want a guide LOL.

littlethimble 09-20-2011 08:17 PM

first unofficial meeting opportunity this weekend. charlie is replacing the ujoints on my tj and we could use some helping hands. saturday morning. i'll have drinks and snacks. no alcohol unfortunately, we're a dry household. pm me for address if you'd like to come turn some wrenches and hang out in the country.

gryph 09-20-2011 08:33 PM

Lancaster is certainly surrounded by beautiful farmland and country side. There must be great places to wheel there!

It's a bit of a ride but I love the trip.
As a matter of fact I'll be there tomorrow to pick up one of my cars !

littlethimble 09-20-2011 08:37 PM

unfortunately no where to legally wheel offroad. but it is PA and our roads are about the worst in the country so just riding on the main roads can feel like offroading lol.
what kind of car are u picking up?

just1bear 09-20-2011 09:57 PM

Cant seem to get my profile pic added to my posted replys? any hints?

CBDeluxYJ 09-21-2011 04:38 AM

Count me in!!! Oh wait Ill be there anyway, Its my wifes jeep and I live there

littlethimble 09-21-2011 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just1bear (Post 1588585)
Cant seem to get my profile pic added to my posted replys? any hints?

Did you save the avatar in your edit options on the control panel? It has to be pretty darn small in order to use. I didn't have one uploaded, but just did it.

brainofj01 09-21-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlethimble (Post 1588224)
first unofficial meeting opportunity this weekend. charlie is replacing the ujoints on my tj and we could use some helping hands. saturday morning. i'll have drinks and snacks. no alcohol unfortunately, we're a dry household. pm me for address if you'd like to come turn some wrenches and hang out in the country.

I'll be working 8-4. After that, I may take an early evening cruise with the dog(GF is going to a wedding, so I'm free to do whatever hurray!).

gryph 09-21-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlethimble (Post 1588305)
unfortunately no where to legally wheel offroad.
what kind of car are u picking up?

I have a Porsche 911 C4S that I bought from Autohaus Porsche in Lancaster and they have a few items to address. Turns out it will not be ready till next week:banghead:

just1bear 09-22-2011 09:44 PM

Thanx a ton littlethimble I did what you said and got it up. Well that wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Im not real computor literate, but seemed to somehow not screw that up :) .....Thanx again! Bear

just1bear 09-22-2011 09:51 PM

Bummer on the gathering op this weekend I work saturdays, Off Sundays and Mondays. Would love to come meet and hang-out and help. I look forward to the next op that comes along if Im not having to work. Peace! and good wrenching. Bear

littlethimble 09-23-2011 05:23 AM

i'll keep sundays in mind bear. we're going to be replacing my shocks in the next couple of weeks and we're always free on sundays except for watching nascar. we're both monday to friday workers but we can always meet up on a sunday. i'll let ya know

just1bear 09-23-2011 09:14 AM

Right on! thanx for keeping me in mind. Im a big Nascar fan as well "Joey Lagona" is my boy used to be Bill Elliet back in the day. Hope to get together soon. Bear

littlethimble 09-23-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just1bear (Post 1596329)
Right on! thanx for keeping me in mind. Im a big Nascar fan as well "Joey Lagona" is my boy used to be Bill Elliet back in the day. Hope to get together soon. Bear

We're Hendrick Motors Fans. but Joey's a good driver too, just can't stand his teammate Kyle Busch.