Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Pictures Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f115/)
-   -   Unlifted Jeeps with 33's (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f115/unlifted-jeeps-with-33s-113337.html)

EchoThruMe 09-17-2011 09:15 PM

Unlifted Jeeps with 33's
 
Guide me in my wheel and tire search. Show me your UNLIFTED jeeps wearing 33's.

thejackcutts 09-17-2011 09:38 PM

ummmmmmmm..... im perty sure ya need a lift at least like 2'' for 33's to fit without any problems.
i have a 2.5'' suspension with 33's... but i like the way it looks, i think it fills it out better.

ESP 09-17-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejackcutts (Post 1579505)
ummmmmmmm..... im perty sure ya need a lift at least like 2'' for 33's to fit without any problems.
i have a 2.5'' suspension with 33's... but i like the way it looks, i think it fills it out better.

You do not need a lift to run 33s on a JK. I don't have any pics because mine's lifted with em.

EchoThruMe 09-17-2011 09:52 PM

Yea, this is the issue I have been running into. Some say no lift is needed while others say it is. Looking to see what an unlifted 33" JK looks like if its possible.

C.L. 09-17-2011 09:57 PM

I don't have pics, but will throw my lot in with the lift crowd. You MAY be able to stuff 33" tires into the wheel well of an unlifted JK, but it is going to destroy your fender/flares if you try to take it offroad.

XJ Knight 09-17-2011 10:00 PM

no lift is needed for 33's on the JK/JKU. 2in is needed on the TJ/LJ. What you will need to do with 33's however is either by spacers from somewhere like spidertrax (last resort) or get new wheels (recomended) with the proper amount of back spacing for a wider tire that 33's or in your case around the metric equivalant will have

drob 09-17-2011 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2011 Sport with 285/75-16's and no lift.

EchoThruMe 09-17-2011 10:04 PM

So for a mostly on roader new wheels with correct backspacing and 33's will work fine?

XJ Knight 09-17-2011 10:08 PM

Correct

XJ Knight 09-17-2011 10:18 PM

Your options to my knowledge for something close to a 33 in a 16in rim
255/85/16 = 33/10/16 (doesn't require new wheels)
285/75/16 = 33/11/16 (will require new wheels)
305/70/16 = 33/12/16 (will require new wheels)

EchoThruMe 09-17-2011 10:55 PM

I was hoping to go with 15's to save on rubber costs. Thanks for the numbers though. I will go check em out.

GoldenSahara00 09-17-2011 10:57 PM

Xj got it right on.

get 33x12.5x15s on some cheap rims and be done.

EchoThruMe 09-17-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 1579702)
Xj got it right on.

get 33x12.5x15s on some cheap rims and be done.


Yea, thats what i am thinking of if I go the aftermarket route. :thumb:

XJ Knight 09-17-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 1579702)
Xj got it right on.

get 33x12.5x15s on some cheap rims and be done.

This ^.. Didn't realize you were gonna go get 15's. The cragar soft 8's are a nice choice fwiw

aelwero 09-17-2011 11:12 PM

wish I'd had taken pics of what happens when you go wheeling on em, but I did not...

I DID take a picture of 33" tires on 15" black steel with no lift :)
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5218/...1c3aed2e_b.jpg

And pictures of how you can keep said tires on no lift AND be able to off road it, by whacking some plastic off the fenders...
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6134/...3023b65f_b.jpg
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6147/...88227e3f_b.jpg

Edit- BTW, the 33X12.5 tires with no lift will also make it a little less inclined to lay over ;) widens the footprint with minimal rise on the CoG

XJ Knight 09-17-2011 11:17 PM

RHD JKU.. Interesting. Built for mail delivery where it snows alot and paved roads are obscure?

Ageless Stranger 09-17-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ Knight (Post 1579719)
This ^.. Didn't realize you were gonna go get 15's. The cragar soft 8's are a nice choice fwiw

...And on the other end of the price spectrum... My next set of wheels. (In 15", that is.) :punk:



http://www.racereadyproducts.com/med...x88640x480.jpg

aelwero 09-17-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ Knight (Post 1579740)
RHD JKU.. Interesting. Built for mail delivery where it snows alot and paved roads are obscure?

or for eccentric guys who bought an old DJ on the cheap and decided to keep it right handed when he went shoppin for a family wheelin JK ;)

SnP Farm 09-18-2011 07:29 PM

33's, 17" rims, no lift

EchoThruMe 09-18-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnP Farm (Post 1581519)
33's, 17" rims, no lift

Beautiful. Any rub issues?

SnP Farm 09-19-2011 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EchoThruMe (Post 1581544)
Beautiful. Any rub issues?

None yet. Oh and thanks for the compliment.

DonC72 09-19-2011 06:34 PM

Echo, take a look at a budget or leveling kit, that way you are golden and won't have to worry about any rub. I just picked up a teraflex 1.5 inch leveling kit that adds 2 inches in front and 1 in rear as well as removes the rake in the default stance of the JKU. They are 127 from qtec. Just gives it more clearance with keeping with the stock ride. JUST something to consider.

Plus, if you go with no lift on 33's, you can always get a stubby fender chop kit, which is easy to do, and runs about 65 pr so bucks. Might give you peace of mind if you were worried about front rub when turned fully.

Good luck!

EchoThruMe 09-19-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonC72 (Post 1584381)
Echo, take a look at a budget or leveling kit, that way you are golden and won't have to worry about any rub. I just picked up a teraflex 1.5 inch leveling kit that adds 2 inches in front and 1 in rear as well as removes the rake in the default stance of the JKU. They are 127 from qtec. Just gives it more clearance with keeping with the stock ride. JUST something to consider.

Plus, if you go with no lift on 33's, you can always get a stubby fender chop kit, which is easy to do, and runs about 65 pr so bucks. Might give you peace of mind if you were worried about front rub when turned fully.

Good luck!

Thanks! Ill take a look at that leveling kit.

EchoThruMe 09-19-2011 06:38 PM

@DonC72 I just found the kit. Nice and cheap. How does your jeep ride after the lift and did you take a hit to your mpg?

DonC72 09-19-2011 06:43 PM

I have yet to slap it on. I am getting my sump pump replaced tomorrow then I can free up time to get to it. I won't pop it on until I am ready to bolt it all together. Plus, if I order the wheels before the needed house fix, I'd be effed.

I don't expect any impact, it's a bunch of hockey pucks.

EchoThruMe 09-19-2011 07:34 PM

I just thought the height may add drag. Let me know how it goes.

Armadaskier 09-19-2011 09:35 PM

I have the superlift 2" budget/spacer lift installed. I didn't lose any mpg when I had it with my stock tires. It is a great way to fit bigger tires and add some looks. I also did the stubby bumper conversion which was super easy and looks great. I am adding wheels/spacers and 34" tires next.

EchoThruMe 09-20-2011 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armadaskier (Post 1585056)
I have the superlift 2" budget/spacer lift installed. I didn't lose any mpg when I had it with my stock tires. It is a great way to fit bigger tires and add some looks. I also did the stubby bumper conversion which was super easy and looks great. I am adding wheels/spacers and 34" tires next.

Good to know. I always need to keep in mind mpg. Looks like the small lift is in my future.

Jsettles 09-20-2011 06:24 AM

Like the look, the rims are bad a$$

OBX 10-13-2011 01:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
33's under there...somewhere haha


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.