Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   soft-top recomendation (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/soft-top-recomendation-11344.html)

9JΞΞРωяλиglєя7 09-10-2007 08:03 PM

soft-top recomendation
 
Ok so I was going to buy a hard top for the Jeep but some things came up and now Im just going to have to get another soft top. Its been raining quite a bit down here in Texas and my windows wont zip together all the way and the top is starting to leak. Ive looked at pavement end and bestop soft tops. I need to get one soon as soon as I can and I need recomendations on which brand I should go for. Best prices I have found on these tops.

Pavement Ends: 299.95 with upperdoor skins
Bestop: 449.95 with upperdoor skins

Jma20a 09-10-2007 08:34 PM

i got a pavement ends top a few months ago and i had no problems with installation. best top is a little better quality. i got mine for under 300 due to the fact that i have full doors and it was only $10 more for the tinted windows.

Levinoss 09-10-2007 08:35 PM

Both are quality tops

~lev

RIPBiker13 09-10-2007 09:03 PM

Where can I get tinted windows for my factory top? and how much?

Warpman89 09-10-2007 09:07 PM

I bought a Bestop and it was easy to install and had no trouble with it. You can get replacement tinted window skins through bestop I believe.

RIPBiker13 09-10-2007 09:08 PM

You can get them from best-top FOR best-top. They won't fit the OEM top.

mud707 09-11-2007 07:59 AM

I was told once that pavement ends and best top or actually the same company but different manufacturing divisions or something. Pavement end I think is manufactured in Asia somewhere. I know when I ordered my windshield channel for my bikinni top the picture for best tops and pavement ends were identical even had the same jeep pictured, but pavement ends was $15.00 cheaper. When I recieved it I compared it to my brothers best top one and it was identical.

Walkeraviator 09-11-2007 09:14 AM

I am going to save and spring for the Best-Top Sailcloth Replce-a-top with tinted windows. I prefer the OEM hardware over the supertop hardware, and mine is in great shape. The downside is price. The top I am going for is about $700 shipped. BUt I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for".

Steelman 09-11-2007 02:21 PM

Check the for-sale section on various forums...I just got a SLIGHTLY used Viking fast back soft top (the guy had two). I've been looking at these for over a year, and am glad that I finally got one!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...iking-Full.jpg

skippy 09-12-2007 02:06 AM

I have been looking at new tops as well and if money isnt a huge issue go with one of these
http://www.californiatops.com/tops_gator.html
http://www.californiatops.com/tops_wolf.html
http://www.californiatops.com/tops_coyote.html
I would rather have the two seat option instead of the full soft top.

foxinthemudd 09-12-2007 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelman (Post 134689)
Check the for-sale section on various forums...I just got a SLIGHTLY used Viking fast back soft top (the guy had two). I've been looking at these for over a year, and am glad that I finally got one!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...iking-Full.jpg

sorry to jack the thread, but steelman what kind of tires are you running? I like that tread pattern.

Steelman 09-12-2007 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxinthemudd (Post 134988)
sorry to jack the thread, but steelman what kind of tires are you running? I like that tread pattern.

ProComp Xtreme Mud Terrains ---> http://www.procomptires.com/xtrememudterrain.html

emills 09-12-2007 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skippy (Post 134985)
I have been looking at new tops as well and if money isnt a huge issue go with one of these
http://www.californiatops.com/tops_gator.html
http://www.californiatops.com/tops_wolf.html
http://www.californiatops.com/tops_coyote.html
I would rather have the two seat option instead of the full soft top.

No personal experience here, but do some searches on various forums about California Tops. Haven't heard much good on them yet.

Steelman 09-12-2007 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emills (Post 135114)
No personal experience here, but do some searches on various forums about California Tops. Haven't heard much good on them yet.

X2! Word has it that the man there (Tim) is really Satan in disguise! :eek:

Tj Bunch 09-12-2007 01:11 PM

Some nice tops but hell for $700.00- $1100.00 I could get alot of Pavement ends tops.

Try These guys there Reasonable and fast to ship.


http://tops4less.com/

And RIP I do belive Besttop makes a kit for factory top that is tinted skins also i saw a company that had screen rear 3 windows it was really cool (no Pun) Becouse i'm always afraid i will loose my dogs out the back. The kids are heavy enogh to stay put but the dogs like to get air.

whiteyj 09-12-2007 01:17 PM

Just bought the Bestop Sailcloth soft for my YJ. Supposed to be their top of the line and quiter than the original, Ran a little over $500. Damn thing weighs 25 pounds! Goes on at the end of the month after I get my gas leak fixed.

Plus Quadratec delivered in 4 days!:)

skippy 09-12-2007 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emills (Post 135114)
No personal experience here, but do some searches on various forums about California Tops. Haven't heard much good on them yet.

Thank you for the heads up. I will do a little more research on them (and for next time I want something). Sorry to thread jack

OdhinnsChick 09-12-2007 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteyj (Post 135136)
Just bought the Bestop Sailcloth soft for my YJ. Supposed to be their top of the line and quiter than the original, Ran a little over $500. Damn thing weighs 25 pounds! Goes on at the end of the month after I get my gas leak fixed.

Plus Quadratec delivered in 4 days!:)

Lev and Odhinn both have the sailcloth if I remember correctly. I don't really notice an improvement.

Tj Bunch 09-14-2007 05:35 PM

Hey Rip I found the link go about half way dowm on the site there is the screen kit...

http://www.gemini-sales.com/bargain.html

nregas1 09-14-2007 06:20 PM

I have the Bestop Sailcloth RAT. Money well spent IMO. And yes it is much quieter. I switched from my old OEM canvass top (98 vintage) and drove the hwy immediately and could tell a major difference. Nice quality stuff too.

jp'rs_peep'rs 09-23-2007 11:15 AM

OP Be man! Get yourself some plastic from the paint department and 100 mph tape and have at it with patching your top! Your you could buy a nice top!

C.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 PM.