Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Ace rock rails, rubi rails, and a body lift (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/ace-rock-rails-rubi-rails-and-a-body-lift-113522.html)

moscoeb 09-18-2011 10:23 PM

Ace rock rails, rubi rails, and a body lift
 
Anyone have this setup? I would like to see pictures if so.
I assume the body lift caused a gap between the rubi rails and ace sliders, is there a way around this? I really like how the rails nest against each other, I feel it offers better protection by limiting any possible flex.
I am wanting to put a body lift on sometime, and am looking for ideas, thanks.

hcso617 09-19-2011 12:04 PM

My set up with a 1.25" RC body lift, ACE, and Ruby rails.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6194/...3e08fa6c_b.jpg

MTH 09-19-2011 01:52 PM

You've got a good example there in the above post, but I've got to ask: Why do you want a body lift? Those were big on prior Wranglers to fit in larger tires, but the JK can run very big tires with reasonably sized suspension lifts. :confused:

moscoeb 09-19-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcso617
My set up with a 1.25" RC body lift, ACE, and Ruby rails.

Great, thanks, not as obvious as I was afraid it would be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTH
You've got a good example there in the above post, but I've got to ask: Why do you want a body lift? Those were big on prior Wranglers to fit in larger tires, but the JK can run very big tires with reasonably sized suspension lifts. :confused:

I am just thinking and planning for later down the toad for a tummy tuck.
Just trying to plan out my future purchases and un what order.
Or, more truthfully, dreaming!

XJ Knight 09-19-2011 05:51 PM

haven't heard of a TT setup for a JK yet..

moscoeb 09-19-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ Knight
haven't heard of a TT setup for a JK yet..

Really?! Guess I just figured if they were available for tj's the were fir JKs. I just switched from tj to JK recently. I guess that gives me time to save up for it!!
So what is the best underbelly protection? Just full skids like river raider?

XJ Knight 09-19-2011 06:29 PM

quite a few companies that offer skid plates. No TT set up for the JK.. But get a full line of skids from a company you feel comfortable purchasing from and have at it.. Im intruiged by genright and savy offroad offering alluminum skid plates. Maybe something to look into if you want to cut down on weight..

moscoeb 09-19-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ Knight
quite a few companies that offer skid plates. No TT set up for the JK.. But get a full line of skids from a company you feel comfortable purchasing from and have at it.. Im intruiged by genright and savy offroad offering alluminum skid plates. Maybe something to look into if you want to cut down on weight..

Good to know, thanks for the info, may hold off on BL for now then. Any other benefits for BL besides bigger tires and/or a TT?

XJ Knight 09-19-2011 06:48 PM

nope.. other then to be use for those two reasons they are bad news.. Lifting a JK is a different animal then previous models.. In the end though it's the same with any Jeep. What size tire do you want to run, how much money do you want to spend, and where do you want to invest into your jeep first..

MTH 09-19-2011 07:26 PM

Yeah, flat flares and wheels with good backspacing alone will let you run 35s on a JK. Lift it 2" and you could put on 37" and still not have had to address the driveshafts or do anything with a BL. Just something to keep in mind. :thumb:

moscoeb 09-19-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ Knight (Post 1584431)
nope.. other then to be use for those two reasons they are bad news.. Lifting a JK is a different animal then previous models.. In the end though it's the same with any Jeep. What size tire do you want to run, how much money do you want to spend, and where do you want to invest into your jeep first..

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTH (Post 1584566)
Yeah, flat flares and wheels with good backspacing alone will let you run 35s on a JK. Lift it 2" and you could put on 37" and still not have had to address the driveshafts or do anything with a BL. Just something to keep in mind. :thumb:

good to know, I just ordered 2.5 teraflex leveling bb and am hoping to go to 35s when my stock tires wear out. Bushwackers were on the futures list. Thanks for the answers everyone, I learn something here almost everyday.

Since I have yall here, do yall know anything about the riverraider or other type skids? is there a brand that isgood quality that i can add to stock plates to cover my exposed areas and then replace the stock plates with theirs later? I looked like the RR oil/trans plate will bolt up by itself then i can add the others later.
Like i said, just trying to plan the money out so i can decide what i want to save up for next and maximize the spending by not doubling something i already (stock plates) have or dont need (BL now thanks to yall!:thumb: ) until i have the basics and then ready to upgrade the stock things.

MTH 09-19-2011 09:27 PM

You've got some pretty good stock skids on there already. The JK was the first Wrangler to include those, and they're pretty sturdy. For the most part, folks just add to them rather than do a full replacement like RiverRaider.

For example, I've heard good things about the Rancho oil pan skid and the Poison Spyder evap can skid. A number of folks also pick up whatever front skid goes with their aftermarket bumper as well. MBRP also makes an offroad exhaust that gets rid of that "please smash me" muffler you've got hanging under your rear bumper. Ace rails--which you've already identified--get solid reviews too.

So maybe consider that route unless really do spend a lot of time driving over truly nasty and abusive stuff, in which case maybe an RR total undercarriage plate set is a good idea. Look up threads started by member "WatchThis!"--my recollection is he just recently installed the RR set up and had some comments on it.

moscoeb 09-19-2011 10:56 PM

Sounds great, I will look further into it. Thanks for the info, sounds like I might actually be able to get this thing set up the way I want sometime before my kids are old enough to drive and steal it from me! Haha!

Of course I'm sure it never ends, just jeeps going or fixing what ya already have.
Thanks again everyone.

greenenvy 09-20-2011 02:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This Is a 1.25 body lift and leveling kit with 34" tires I still have to put my ace rails on it

XJ Knight 09-20-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenenvy (Post 1587125)
This Is a 1.25 body lift and leveling kit with 34" tires I still have to put my ace rails on it

I love the stance on that jeep..

greenenvy 09-22-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ Knight (Post 1588428)
I love the stance on that jeep..

Well thank you very much!!

Mike_4462 01-10-2014 12:34 AM

I know this is an old thread, but for those with body lifts, do the Ace rails have any fitment problems since they attach to the body mounts? Seems to me with the RC or Daystar mounts you would run into issues with the Ace rails.

mistasparkl 01-10-2014 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_4462 (Post 7325689)
I know this is an old thread, but for those with body lifts, do the Ace rails have any fitment problems since they attach to the body mounts? Seems to me with the RC or Daystar mounts you would run into issues with the Ace rails.

Yes, Daystar body lift won't work because of the body mounts. You need a puck style body lift, like the M.O.R.E kit. I'm running this bl w/ my ace/rubi rail setup.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.