Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   When is a deal sealed? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/when-is-a-deal-sealed-113594.html)

p35hp 09-19-2011 01:11 PM

When is a deal sealed?

Here's the link: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f39/fac...te-111582.html
After not hearing from seller, I sent PM asking if a problem.
---Quote (Originally by p35hp)---
Any luck with getting top and frame boxed up for shipping? Got a camping trip for next weekend. Would like to have top on by then. Let me know if any problems. Jim 270.282.3436
---End Quote---

Sorry about the late reply Jim. My trip home was delayed last week. The top was sold while I was gone, noone called me about it because the buyer paid full price. I am refunding your money. Sorry, hope you find another one quickly.
I aint happy! Thought i was dealing with someone who once a deal was done, would live up to their end. Guess not!

Jp90Talon 09-19-2011 01:41 PM

I understand your fustration but what do you expect him to do besides refund you your money? If it was sold by a relative or friend and he did not know about it what else can he do?

MCDavis 09-19-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jp90Talon (Post 1583463)
I understand your fustration but what do you expect him to do besides refund you your money? If it was sold by a relative or friend and he did not know about it what else can he do?

I agree.

p35hp 09-19-2011 03:00 PM

Granted it's not the end of the world. BUT, He accepted my money on 9/13, let me know (only after I sent msg. asking if a problem) today 9/19. Would it have been to much trouble on his part to simply inform who ever had the top it had been sold. Or is it a case of he got a better offer after he accepted mine. We will never know.
Still looking so guess I'll let the money sit in my PayPal act for now.

neverfastenough1 09-19-2011 03:28 PM

I agree, he had the money plenty long enough to let someone know the top was sold. I really don't buy the top was sold for full price by someone else before he got home, but that is just speculation. I remember once someone told me a bumper was mine if I wanted it, and he would meet me up to a couple hours away. When I said yes I wanted it and asked when we could meet, he decided to trade it for some other stuff instead. As far as I am concerned, when you make a deal to sell someone something (or any kind of promise), you should honor that deal, even if you figured out you were stupid to make it in the first place. No such thing as honor or integrity anymore.

spyjeep0520 09-19-2011 04:13 PM

Yea it sucks i deal with older people than myself and when they were coming up a handshake ment more than paper work the same way i came up but after being burned time and time again they have learned as i have handshake is only for saying hi now

dutch169 09-19-2011 04:39 PM

Just happened to me. First deal fell through and I was next. Pm'ed the seller put a message on thread telling him I would pick up the parts asap. Gave me his address and never heard from him. Pm'ed again and left another message on the thread and nothing. See a few days later a person who was never involved with the sale states PM sent wtih payment and somehow it gets sold. Sh!tty behind tha back business. Ahhhhh just feel better saying that.

Phillies4752 09-19-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutch169 (Post 1584025)
Just happened to me. First deal fell through and I was next. Pm'ed the seller put a message on thread telling him I would pick up the parts asap. Gave me his address and never heard from him. Pm'ed again and left another message on the thread and nothing. See a few days later a person who was never involved with the sale states PM sent wtih payment and somehow it gets sold. Sh!tty behind tha back business. Ahhhhh just feel better saying that.

not trying to stick up for the mystery buyer but he could have PM'ed the seller way before your post.... That being said.... the buyer should at least have told you that it was sold.

Online forum selling is a sticky business that is in the sellers favor. He/she can ultimately choose anyone to sell it to no matter who came first. I agree with you that its not right.... but thats the way it is. Ive seen things/ been in them a lot before.

Longarm7 09-20-2011 10:38 PM

I got a soft top for sale. My word is my bond. :)

p35hp 09-21-2011 02:01 AM

Thanks, but I supposedly have a top and frame on the way from someone else. If this deal falls through I'm just going to put the hard top back on 'till I can do a "face to face".