Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/)
-   -   dinging sound (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/dinging-sound-11426.html)

debruins 09-13-2007 08:12 AM

dinging sound

why does my jeep make a dinging sound (the same one if you leave the keys in and leave the door open), when you fist put the key in, even if the doors closed it dings like five times, its wicked annoying, and i dont know why it is doing it! :crash:

thanks

blktrax 09-13-2007 08:25 AM

Its your seat belt reminder. Get in close the door, put your belt on with the door closed, then start the jeep. No bonging.

debruins 09-13-2007 08:29 AM

oohhh ok, if i put my seatbelt on b4 i put the key in will it not do that, it is really annoying, usually i put the seatbelt on as i drive down my driveway, but maybe ill just do it b4 i put the key in!

blktrax 09-13-2007 12:09 PM

yup, or you can do one of two other things.

1) Slide the seat forward, go the bottom of the seat there is a connector for the latch part. If you remove those wires and splice them together it "thinks" its connected. Never hear it again for the seatbelt, but remind you when your lights are on, or keys are in.

2) Up in the dash and find that lil speaker thing and take it out.
No beeping for lights doors or belts.

Levinoss 09-13-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blktrax (Post 135720)
yup, or you can do one of two other things.

1) Slide the seat forward, go the bottom of the seat there is a connector for the latch part. If you remove those wires and splice them together it "thinks" its connected. Never hear it again for the seatbelt, but remind you when your lights are on, or keys are in.

2) Up in the dash and find that lil speaker thing and take it out.
No beeping for lights doors or belts.

Keep it connected, it'll remind you to wear it.

If you dont i'll find you and slap you.

~Lev

blktrax 09-13-2007 12:16 PM

:( I understand why you said this and a guess it applies.

I perosnally always wear my belt, even just for those runs up the street.

I make the assumption that everyone else does to, cause not wearing your belt make you da fool.

Stay in school kids.:wavey:

Levinoss 09-13-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blktrax (Post 135724)
:( I understand why you said this and a guess it applies.

I perosnally always wear my belt, even just for those runs up the street.

I make the assumption that everyone else does to, cause not wearing your belt make you da fool.

Stay in school kids.:wavey:

Yea, just looking out for debruins. :rofl: Now that he has a jeep I can make him my little jeep brother.

~Lev

foxinthemudd 09-13-2007 02:18 PM

hey bruins you finally got that TJ you were talking about? I still haven't seen pics yet.

debruins 09-13-2007 07:35 PM

they're in the debruins unicorn thread

and i always wear my seat belt, now ive been puttint he belt on b4 i start it and it doesnt od it so we're all good

foxinthemudd 09-13-2007 07:40 PM

ya found that a bit ago

FuzzyDolly 09-17-2007 05:44 AM

The seatbelt ding doesn't bother me, however the one that dings when you set your parking brake annoys the hell out of me.

foxinthemudd 09-17-2007 05:49 AM

sorry to jack the thread, but what have you guys done about the dinging when the doors are off. I've seen those spring things that go on the button sensor is there anything else that works (becides taking out the fuse).

debruins 09-17-2007 09:36 PM

idk i heard just pull the fuse, but i think im gonna make a switch between the buttons and wherever they go and shut them on and off, that sif i get ambitious

Triple88a 09-17-2007 11:36 PM

oh i love driving w/ out a seat belt on.. especially when doors are removed :flipoff:

just jk

dmac 06-23-2010 04:52 PM

Buy one of these to control or eliminate your dinging noise the Chimebuster
Double Black Offroad