Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Veterans (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/veterans-11460.html)

sgnellett 09-14-2007 08:44 AM

Veterans
 
This is a message to all of the prior or current service members on this board. I wonder who, if anyone saw the HBO special last night about the wounded soldiers returning fm Iraq, and what you thought of it, from the viewpoint of someone who has worn the uniform, whether you have been downrange or not. I'll keep my opinion to myself for the time being, as I'm not quite sure... I missed a few minutes, I may have misinterpreted a few things. Your thoughts?

RIPBiker13 09-14-2007 09:17 AM

Didn't see that program, but I am a Disabled Veteran. If you find it Youtube or something post a link and I'll be more than happy to take a look.

02Prove 09-14-2007 09:38 AM

They need to get our boys the hell out of Iraq, use the resources to find and kill Bin Laden, then bring them the hell home IMO. Bush keeps claiming we are war because of 9/11 but he ain't going after the f**kers responsible. He's dicking around in a country and abusing the US military to police a civil war that has nothing to do with the US. Saddam didn't harbor Al Qaida so what good did it do us to get him out of power? He had nothing, he was no threat, and as soon as we found out there were no WMDs we should have redirected our efforts to Al Qaida to end this bull and work harder on securing our borders.

:: steps off soapbox

RIPBiker13 09-14-2007 09:51 AM

I need an applause smiley...

sgnellett 09-14-2007 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ripbiker13 (Post 136364)
I need an applause smiley...

Except I was trying to AVOID the sermons, just looking for opinions on that show..

RIPBiker13 09-14-2007 10:41 AM

Ok you're right, I'm sorry. But you DID open a can of worms, regardless of your intentions. A lot of people have an opinion about this entire subject.

02Prove 09-14-2007 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgnellett (Post 136367)
Except I was trying to AVOID the sermons, just looking for opinions on that show..


It was just a little one. I haven't seen the show but the whole subject heats most folks up a bit. Sorry.

sgnellett 09-14-2007 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02Prove (Post 136375)
It was just a little one. I haven't seen the show but the whole subject heats most folks up a bit. Sorry.

NP, I know that it gets people worked up, and I was trying to stay out of that end of it, at least for the purpose of this thread..

naterg 09-14-2007 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02Prove (Post 136359)
They need to get our boys the hell out of Iraq, use the resources to find and kill Bin Laden, then bring them the hell home IMO. Bush keeps claiming we are war because of 9/11 but he ain't going after the f**kers responsible. He's dicking around in a country and abusing the US military to police a civil war that has nothing to do with the US. Saddam didn't harbor Al Qaida so what good did it do us to get him out of power? He had nothing, he was no threat, and as soon as we found out there were no WMDs we should have redirected our efforts to Al Qaida to end this bull and work harder on securing our borders.

:: steps off soapbox

**Sigh** It is all Bush's fault... Everything all the time... Just like Katrina and the VT shootings too right? I won't get into this since this is not what the topic is about, but I will say this. Bush is not the single entity that is making the decisions on how the Iraq war is fought. The entire government, the left and the right, has tied the hands of our soldiers and their commanding officers.

RIPBiker13 09-14-2007 11:39 AM

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ut/10_2_12.gif

sgnellett 09-14-2007 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ripbiker13 (Post 136402)

No kidding, nothing like causing the excrement and the rotary oscillator to match co-ordinates!

Levinoss 09-14-2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ripbiker13 (Post 136402)

lol

~Lev

02Prove 09-14-2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naterg (Post 136397)
**Sigh** It is all Bush's fault... Everything all the time... Just like Katrina and the VT shootings too right? I won't get into this since this is not what the topic is about, but I will say this. Bush is not the single entity that is making the decisions on how the Iraq war is fought. The entire government, the left and the right, has tied the hands of our soldiers and their commanding officers.

It's not ALL his fault but he is the one with most power who can do something about it. Congress has given him that power and he is still beating a dead horse over there. I'd bash any President in office no matter what party if they were so blatantly ingoring facts and continuing to put my relatives, friends, and fellow Americans in harms way for the wrong reasons. It never ceases to amaze me how blindly people follow their chosen leader no matter how wrong they are because of a political partisan.

I tried... I tried real hard to let it be.

The SHTF smiley is priceless!!!

sgnellett 09-14-2007 12:02 PM

** as we sprint away from the topic...**

People, let's not start a fight here, if you wanna argue politics of this issue, start another thread, I started this with a specific question for vets and current service members, can we try to stick to that, please?

:doh:

naterg 09-14-2007 12:24 PM

I did not see the program, what was it talking about?

kg4kpg 09-14-2007 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02Prove (Post 136414)
It's not ALL his fault but he is the one with most power who can do something about it. Congress has given him that power and he is still beating a dead horse over there. I'd bash any President in office no matter what party if they were so blatantly ingoring facts and continuing to put my relatives, friends, and fellow Americans in harms way for the wrong reasons. It never ceases to amaze me how blindly people follow their chosen leader no matter how wrong they are because of a political partisan.
I tried... I tried real hard to let it be.
The SHTF smiley is priceless!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by naterg
**Sigh** It is all Bush's fault... Everything all the time... Just like Katrina and the VT shootings too right? I won't get into this since this is not what the topic is about, but I will say this. Bush is not the single entity that is making the decisions on how the Iraq war is fought. The entire government, the left and the right, has tied the hands of our soldiers and their commanding officers.
Thank you for adding a point I was thinking about. 02Prove, it has nothing to do with how much power he has. The congress (especially the left) have hand cuffs on the troops before they fire a shot. The embedded media (who shouldn't be there in the first place) are left-side-of- the-aisle controlled and report only what the left wants you to see, which is the few troops who commit the crimes or dead women and babies. These people have as much right to freedom as you but they can't get it without someone else helping. And remember, your freedom wasn't won by just a few new americans. "By 1780, the British were fighting not only to the United States and its ally France, but also Spain, the Netherlands, and the ruler of Mysore in India".
Yes, the president can stop the war, but the congress has just as much to do with why it can't be won the way it is being fought right now. Give control on the ground to the commanders in the field and OUR Viet-nam will end quickly.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.