Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Louisiana Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f67/)
-   -   Hello from Lafayette (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f67/hello-from-lafayette-115049.html)

vstartoups 09-27-2011 09:08 PM

Hello from Lafayette

3 Attachment(s)
Hey gang, I am the owner of a brand new second hand 09 Wrangler UNlimited X. I picked it up about a week before I came offshore for 21 days. I have been searching the Wrangler forum and cannot wait to get home and get some mods done. I will not be hitting the offroad trails since I only have a 2WD but I will be hitting the same roads I curse on my motorcycle. Are there any local meet and greets during the month around town? I have added some pictures. Incase one did not notice by the pictures I am a LSU fan. GO TIGERS!!!!

Lafayettejeeps 03-05-2012 11:52 PM

Congratulations on the new Jeep! Here is a link you may enjoy!Westin Winch Tray for Jeep - YouTube

JeepGuy94 08-16-2012 09:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey there fellow lafayette jeeper :wavey: glad to know I'm not the only 2wd jeep in this city. Here's a picture of mine. Hope to see you around!

kennisondan 08-30-2012 11:17 PM

howdy lafayette jeeper.. two wheel or one wheel drive, yes it is a jeep..

If you installed a full locker in the rear, you will be amazed at the abilities it will exhibit.. I installed a full locker on mine and am impressed when I do not have to put it in 4wd as often as I expected.. the light vehicle, locked differential will be plenty capable..I have ridden in many 4wd, that the owners enjoy how amazing they pull in two wheel drive...
just saying..

Oh I am from lafayette, too.. I have an older sahara.
dan kennison

Byers_tony 09-18-2012 11:37 AM

I need a T4 or a rebuild kit. 85CJ7.

JeepKing410 12-31-2012 12:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow so people from lafayette use the Internet! I thought I was the only guy obsessed with my jeep. Here's a pic!

HydroJK 12-31-2012 06:48 PM

You guys in Lafayette have a great Jeep following over there, not to mention the Jeep Jaunt and other events...

Keep me posted, I am just up the road in Lch :thumb:...

Hydro

JeepGuy94 01-01-2013 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennisondan
If you installed a full locker in the rear, you will be amazed at the abilities it will exhibit.. I installed a full locker on mine and am impressed when I do not have to put it in 4wd as often as I expected.. the light vehicle, locked differential will be plenty capable..I have ridden in many 4wd, that the owners enjoy how amazing they pull in two wheel drive...
just saying..

Oh I am from lafayette, too.. I have an older sahara.
dan kennison

Thats probably what I'm going to shoot for. I'm trying not to put too much more money in this jeep because when I graduate college I'm looking to get a 2013 JKUR Gecko :D. Do you have any suggestions for rear locker or LSD? I do ALOT of highway driving so I want something DD friendly

whiteyj 01-01-2013 02:48 AM

Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

JeepKing410 01-09-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HydroJK
You guys in Lafayette have a great Jeep following over there, not to mention the Jeep Jaunt and other events...

Keep me posted, I am just up the road in Lch :thumb:...

Hydro

Where you from man?

HydroJK 01-09-2013 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepKing410 (Post 3202802)
Where you from man?

Lake Charles...

NickD 03-16-2013 10:20 PM

New To the fourm, im from lafayette. Great to know there are plenty jeep lovers out there.

nick

jrussblues 03-16-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickD (Post 3512591)
New To the fourm, im from lafayette. Great to know there are plenty jeep lovers out there.

nick

Come out to the Louisiana sportsmans show!

NickD 03-17-2013 07:39 AM

Currently stuck out on a drilling rig!! Cant wait until wednesday, I'll be adding some newbies to the Jeep!

troy b 05-04-2013 07:08 PM

All Lafayette guys, check out Louisiana Jeepers if you haven't yet, great group of peeps, lots of get togethers.
Louisiana Jeepers

powerdriver_1964 06-07-2013 05:30 PM

I am also new to the forum and live in the Lafayette area (Youngsville).....we have something else in common other than our Jeep- I am also out on a drilling rig !! GEAUX TIGERS !!!!!

PinkyChia 07-15-2013 10:40 PM

Another new guy from the Lafayette area. I am shopping for a JKU just have not made up my mind on a few things but hopefully before the end of the month should be driving a Jeep