Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Live? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/live-11580.html)

Levinoss 09-18-2007 02:25 PM

Live?
 
What bands have you seen live that just rocked? Iv noticed a lot of bands these days just suck live.

Perfect example Black Sabbath got back for I believe 03? OZzFest and blew all the new bands out of the water.

I Prefer to listen to live music if they are good and actually sing, Aerosmith iv found sounds great live.

~Lev

activelydying 09-18-2007 02:42 PM

The past few concerts i've gone to are Hank III, Clutch, Gwar and Mastadon. All of them were great especially Hank III.

antwon412 09-18-2007 02:53 PM

my all time favorite band - Depeche Mode. I have seen them numerous times, and every song is great.

I also saw my other fav band, NIN and it was a real letdown. I think his music is simply to intricate to be heard properly in such a setting. With all the loudness, and everything going on, you don't really hear all the small details of the music.

Levinoss 09-18-2007 03:00 PM

Man Iv always wanted to go to a GWAR concert.

~Lev

whiteyj 09-18-2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by activelydying (Post 138073)
The past few concerts i've gone to are Hank III, Clutch, Gwar and Mastadon. All of them were great especially Hank III.

Who the hell are any of the above?????????

Levinoss 09-18-2007 03:28 PM

GWAR is shock rock, pretty entertaining band.

http://www.fourteeng.net/Logos/gwar-wp.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO-wAfvIF3s

Mastadon is pretty good, interesting music videos.

Hank III not sure about that one.

~Lev

AzTJ 09-18-2007 03:29 PM

I've seen a number of local(Arizona native) bands that a really good.

Authority Zero & 4Banger

Last year I got to Matisyahu live, and he is just insane! Also, Slightly Stoopid is always a good show.

antwon412 09-18-2007 03:50 PM

Hank III is hank williams the 3rd.

His sets usually start off with country, like oldie twangycountry, then at the end of the sahow he comes back out and doues a hard metal set for a while. been to a couple of his shows myself with a friend who is a big fan.

kg4kpg 09-18-2007 04:06 PM

Barry Manilow and Yanni World Tour....:punk:

Just kiddin. Last show I saw was my good bud Kevin Fowler.

1BLKJP 09-18-2007 04:14 PM

I've always liked Korn live. Also back when they were touring Pantera was a helluva band to see.

"W4MAC" 09-18-2007 08:22 PM

Charlie Daniels Band, and Molly Hatchet both do well live. Jimmy Buffet, best I can remeber was good. I think? I had a good time anyway!

skeeter 09-18-2007 08:28 PM

For some reason the only band I can remember with any kind of clarity is Iron Maiden. The rest are lost in some sort of odd haze...

SPDSNYPR 09-18-2007 08:31 PM

Pantera was great live, so was Metallica (except for their most recent CD sucking and all). Also good were White Zombie and Van Halen.

Best live show I've seen recently was Godsmack. They are really great performers live.

pick 09-19-2007 06:56 AM

Kenny Chesney, Chris LeDoux was freaking Great(glad I got so see him play). George Strait, Buffett. Bob Seger, Steve Miller Band all put on pretty good live sets. Seen a lot, that I really wanted my $ back.

Odhinn 09-19-2007 07:10 AM

Metallica, Anthrax, Gwar, Pantera, Van Halen, Motley Crue, Slayer, Nirvana, and White Zombie.:punk:

foxinthemudd 09-19-2007 07:12 AM

kenny chesney, rascal flatts, brooks and dunn. and not really a band but...larry the cable guy and ron white.

kotiktj 09-19-2007 07:12 AM

CKY!!! they where amazing

Jase 09-19-2007 07:34 AM

Tool = awesome.. awesome.. awesome :punk:
Godsmack = great show a couple years ago
Korn = excellent, saw them open for Megadeath in the mid-90s before they were anybody, good show then, good show now.

02Prove 09-19-2007 08:27 AM

I've been to so many but here are some that atand out off the top of my head...

Metallica
Van Halen (With sammy)
Guns n Roses
George Clinton
Pearl Jam
Willie Nelson
Prince
Staind
Egypt Central

emills 09-19-2007 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antwon412 (Post 138076)
my all time favorite band - Depeche Mode. I have seen them numerous times, and every song is great.

I also saw my other fav band, NIN and it was a real letdown. I think his music is simply to intricate to be heard properly in such a setting. With all the loudness, and everything going on, you don't really hear all the small details of the music.

Definitely agree with DM - great live show.

But you are so wrong about NIN - or just saw them on a bad night. Seen them several times. But I saw them at a small club in hollywood for a warmup show for the Downard Spiral tour and again more recently at the Hollywood Bowl touring for Year Zero. Two of the best shows I have ever seen.

Pink Floyd also does an amazing live show - but only due to the stage show, the music was not any better than on CD.

Another one of my favorites live is a band called Less Than Jake. Their stage presence has so much energy that their shows are just fun to go to.

Eric

MouthfulOfGrass 09-19-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeeter (Post 138240)
For some reason the only band I can remember with any kind of clarity is Iron Maiden. The rest are lost in some sort of odd haze...

Ha ha, that's understandable skeeter. Iron Maiden was a "religious experience" as a freind put it, great stage show.
GWAR puts on a great stage show too. :punk:
Always a fan of Motorhead shows, and KISS.

nregas1 09-19-2007 09:51 AM

Robert Earl Keen @ Gruene Hall. Best music experience ever. Tiny venue, up close and personal. That's when you can really see an artist being an artist - loving what he's doing - and NOT doing it for the money.

Odhinn 09-19-2007 09:53 AM

AHHH the memories of the old school mosh pits. I still remember going to one of the many metalica concerts and them setting up a mosh pit in a cutout part of the stage. Left that night with a black eye, and a broken nose.:D It was wild.

cavediverjc 09-19-2007 09:58 AM

Jimmy Buffett puts on a great live show. I've been to a bunch of his shows in south Florida and he just keeps getting better!
:punk:

kg4kpg 09-19-2007 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nregas1 (Post 138413)
Robert Earl Keen @ Gruene Hall. Best music experience ever. Tiny venue, up close and personal. That's when you can really see an artist being an artist - loving what he's doing - and NOT doing it for the money.

Ah, Texas dance hall music. I went to a place in Waxahachie once quite a while back that I can't remember the name of. It was right off 35, a giant metal building with a huge dance floor and great live music. It had a place where line dancing was away from the rest of the floor. I never did like line dancing except when it was just the ladies showin-it for the fella's back in the day. Just like a buffet, see it before you...well, I said too much:cool: ...take it home.:D

nregas1 09-19-2007 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kg4kpg (Post 138417)
Ah, Texas dance hall music. I went to a place in Waxahachie once quite a while back that I can't remember the name of. It was right off 35, a giant metal building with a huge dance floor and great live music.

Hell, that's not far from my house. That place closed down. A few yrs back the historic movie theater on the town square was turned into Texas Theater and they have alot of the bigger TX music (and national) arists. Very small venue, usually accoustic sets. Bring your own beer. Very cool.

emills 09-19-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odhinn (Post 138415)
AHHH the memories of the old school mosh pits. I still remember going to one of the many metalica concerts and them setting up a mosh pit in a cutout part of the stage. Left that night with a black eye, and a broken nose.:D It was wild.

Nothing better than a great mosh pit. Pantera always got some of the greatest pits going! Phil would egg the crowd on to make sure that they got as out of control as possible.

activelydying 09-20-2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odhinn (Post 138378)
Metallica, Anthrax, Gwar, Pantera, Van Halen, Motley Crue, Slayer, Nirvana, and White Zombie.:punk:

I knew there was a reason I lked you. :D

Odhinn 09-20-2007 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by activelydying (Post 138925)
I knew there was a reason I lked you. :D

Should I be worried now???:eek:

MouthfulOfGrass 09-20-2007 03:42 PM

Just don't get into the same mosh pit.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.