Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Wisconsin Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f83/)
-   -   need a jeep shop (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f83/need-a-jeep-shop-116703.html)

kbwwolf 10-08-2011 03:34 PM

need a jeep shop

I just bought a 2012 JK 4dr Sahara, and wanna get some mods done. Looking for a good Jeep shop or 4wd shop that can install a Skyjacker 3" lift, 35's and rims, front/rear bumpers, etc.

I'm not mechanically inclined at all, plus I travel a lot.

There's a place called Kerstner's in Appleton, but I went to see him the other day and he seems intent on wanting to sell me parts from his vendors that I can buy much cheaper myself.

I don't mind going out of my way to find a shop that I can trust to do good work. Milwaukee, Madison, Green Bay...it's all good.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

kwolf

upnorth 10-08-2011 08:46 PM

J & L 4 Wheel Drive Center at (608) 244-9146.
they did my lockers and i thought at a fair price since i dont know nothing about axles

kbwwolf 10-09-2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upnorth (Post 1638946)
J & L 4 Wheel Drive Center at (608) 244-9146.
they did my lockers and i thought at a fair price since i dont know nothing about axles

thanks. I looked them up. Locations in Madison and Sun Prairie. I'll call 'em Monday.

kvr1974 10-09-2011 10:09 AM

Check out mooses 4x4 in Hartford Wisconsin, they have been around for awhile and I never had any issues from them.

umphreysfan 10-12-2011 07:33 PM

Hi Kb,

I'm also in Appleton, and FWIW I have done all these things that you want to do to your JK, to my 04 TJ. And have the tools to do so. I can understand having the kit done professionally for warranty purposes and such, but no reason to pay shop prices to someone to bolt on a bumper.

Yeah, Kerstners kind of hit and miss. Sometimes he's a really cool guy, other times, well... A good resource to have though when your jeeps in peices and you dont have time to wait for UPS!

I'm just one fellow, friendly jeeper offering a helping hand. We're all in this together after all. If you're interested, drop me a PM.

BTW I could probably get that kit done with whats in my tool bag that I take on wheeling trips. Just sayin.

Matt

BPJOOP93 10-28-2011 10:32 AM

I am also one to say Kerstners........well. I agree with umphreysfan alot of us have tools that could do bolt on things.

kbwwolf 10-30-2011 01:28 PM

Thanks man. :thumb:

Still waiting on the Jeep.

Schuttr 06-04-2012 12:37 PM

Moose's kinda has a monopoly down here on the west of Milwaukee. It seems the prices and attitude reflects it. Maybe it IS all we have out here. thoughts?

Arsonman 06-11-2012 12:57 PM

I just had mooses put on my 3" Zone lift. I have no complaints. Labor costs were not to shabby either. They actually saw that my Axle seal was leaking and told me about it. I should get my jeep back from the dealer today, gotta love it when the dealer has to pay. The rest, bumpers and tires/wheels, I am planning on doing myself.

Schuttr 06-15-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsonman
I just had mooses put on my 3" Zone lift. I have no complaints. Labor costs were not to shabby either. They actually saw that my Axle seal was leaking and told me about it. I should get my jeep back from the dealer today, gotta love it when the dealer has to pay. The rest, bumpers and tires/wheels, I am planning on doing myself.

Thanks. How many days did the keep it?

Arsonman 06-17-2012 04:13 PM

Unfortunatly the dealer still has it. They had to remove the differential to remove the seal. Of course when they did this they broke a clip. Well, the parts department in Minnisota did not have the part. I am suppose to get it back tomorrow. They did give me a free rental car, but somehow a Chevy Impala does not compare to my Rubicon.

If you were asking about how long mooses had the jeep, they had it over night because they had problems with a jeep that got there before me. Otherwise they would of had it done in one day.

andysvette1 06-18-2012 08:10 PM

I had Baumgarts do my 3.5 lift and tires. In and out in a day!! Ask for Mike.

PM for details.