Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Alarm come on when hood opened? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/alarm-come-on-when-hood-opened-116728.html)

HiCap 10-08-2011 06:14 PM

Alarm come on when hood opened?
 
I have a 2012 JKU Rubicon, there is switch under hood that operates when hood is open, is it there to set off alarm when alarm is on? Or does it just tell computer in jeep that hood is open? Does not seem to set off alarm when I open it with alarm set.

kjeeper10 10-08-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiCap
I have a 2012 JKU Rubicon, there is switch under hood that operates when hood is open, is it there to set off alarm when alarm is on? Or does it just tell computer in jeep that hood is open? Does not seem to set off alarm when I open it with alarm set.

Light? Never looked to see if my Jk had one... Tj did.

ranjr 10-08-2011 07:28 PM

The switch is for the remote start, it will not start if the hood is up. I have not tried to see if it will set the alarm off. I'm heading outside now.

ranjr 10-08-2011 07:34 PM

The alarm will not go off if the hood is raised with it armed. The remote start also will not work if the hood is raised.

Attachment 71433

HiCap 10-08-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjr (Post 1638922)
The alarm will not go off if the hood is raised with it armed. The remote start also will not work if the hood is raised.

Attachment 71433

Your answers are correct, I never thought of remote start for that switch, but it makes sense, you would not want to be working on engine and have remote start armed. Thanks for the reply.

2012-Rubicon 10-08-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiCap

Your answers are correct, I never thought of remote start for that switch, but it makes sense, you would not want to be working on engine and have remote start armed. Thanks for the reply.

That being said, I'm sure you could tie it in with the door pins (diode or relay isolated) so that it would trigger the alarm as well.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.