Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Gecko (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/gecko-116745.html)

Vyper340 10-08-2011 07:50 PM

Gecko

Gecko looks like a good color that will look sweet with 35's and blacked out wheels.

InfernoGirl 10-08-2011 08:05 PM

I agree 100% :D I told Treyngler earlier today that my next one might just have to be a Gecko..... Gotta start saving up now, maybe I can afford one in the next 10 years...

MTH 10-08-2011 08:07 PM

This is where a pic would be helpful. Just sayin'. :D

Zmob 10-08-2011 08:26 PM

You can see gecko on page 24 of this pdf

http://www.jeep.com/en/pdf/2012_wrangler_unlimited.pdf

rics1997 10-08-2011 08:29 PM

Glad my daughter wasn't here. She would be begging me to get one. Thats her color

strider_mt2k 10-08-2011 08:31 PM

There's a Gecko JK down the street from me. 2 Door Sport from the look of it.
Absolutely beautiful with black.

Zmob 10-08-2011 08:31 PM

If I didn't need a vehicle now I definitely would have waited for gecko to come out. It just goes so well with all the black accents/interior.

Zmob 10-08-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strider_mt2k (Post 1639035)
There's a Gecko JK down the street from me. 2 Door Sport from the look of it.
Absolutely beautiful with black.

How? The color isn't even out yet.

kjeeper10 10-08-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl
I agree 100% :D I told Treyngler earlier today that my next one might just have to be a Gecko..... Gotta start saving up now, maybe I can afford one in the next 10 years...

Better up production on those seat covers IG :p

InfernoGirl 10-08-2011 08:33 PM

Notice how they show it with half doors? Like you ever see a new one on the lot with halfs.... :rolleys: Heck, our dealers never even have Rubi's on the lot... :( I do LOVE that color tho' :D

MTH 10-08-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zmob
You can see gecko on page 24 of this pdf

http://www.jeep.com/en/pdf/2012_wrangler_unlimited.pdf

Thanks. I'm a fan of all Wranglers but is this not "lime green"? It's cool, but it's sort of lime, yes?

strider_mt2k 10-08-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zmob (Post 1639037)
How? The color isn't even out yet.

Ahh that is because I am mistaken! It must be lime green or something. It's lighter than my natural green but darker than the pics of gecko I've seen.

My apologies. :o

rics1997 10-08-2011 08:40 PM

Set a Gecko Green and Cosmo Blue side by side and you have my daughter's room color

kjeeper10 10-08-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mth

thanks. I'm a fan of all wranglers but is this not "lime green"? It's cool, but it's sort of lime, yes?

x2

MTH 10-08-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10

x2

Right. Sort of falls into the detonator yellow, cosmos blue, dozer, crush, mango tango group. It's a "spunky" color--off beat in a reasonably cool way. I'm more a fan of the classic types of colors, but I don't dislike this and understand why it's desired. Wouldn't work for me, but I get it.

InfernoGirl 10-08-2011 08:56 PM

Skittles colors are great for Wranglers, IMO.... Not everyone's cup o' tea, and I understand that, but I would drive one all day long and be very happy about it :D Personally, if I never saw another silver vehicle it would be fine with me... I never understood the idea of pavement colored vehicles.... :nonono: Especially at dusk or dawn in the rain...... Camo is good in the woods if you want to hide from varmints, not so good on the road when you don't want some asshat running you down....

Strictly my opinion, and I understand why so many like their neutral colors, I just am glad I have the ability not to choose one.

Zmob 10-08-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTH (Post 1639047)
Thanks. I'm a fan of all Wranglers but is this not "lime green"? It's cool, but it's sort of lime, yes?

I don't know, it kind of looks like the same color as the Geico gecko.

kjeeper10 10-08-2011 09:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:rofl: posted this in another thread.

Rumor has is in 2013 jeep is going to base
color choices off one of one of are favorite toys when we were 2 :p

I vote for purple :)

MTH 10-08-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl
Skittles colors are great for Wranglers, IMO.... Not everyone's cup o' tea, and I understand that, but I would drive one all day long and be very happy about it :D Personally, if I never saw another silver vehicle it would be fine with me... I never understood the idea of pavement colored vehicles.... :nonono: Especially at dusk or dawn in the rain...... Camo is good in the woods if you want to hide from varmints, not so good on the road when you don't want some asshat running you down....

Strictly my opinion, and I understand why so many like their neutral colors, I just am glad I have the ability not to choose one.

See and there's the other side of the coin. Wranglers are one of the few vehicles that can pull these colors off--a Gecko Camry, anyone? I thought not. I'm still a bigger fan of the deep blue, black, dark red (red rock crystal), dark green (forest) type of colors, but that's JMO. I get the "skittles" choices too.

Beachnuttz 10-08-2011 09:34 PM

My wife is loving this color, she thinks they need to do a Mojave theme with that color

MTH 10-08-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachnuttz
My wife is loving this color, she thinks they need to do a Mojave theme with that color

Easily done aftermarket. Just get the jeep in Gecko and take it from there. :whistling:

Beachnuttz 10-08-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTH (Post 1639257)
Easily done aftermarket. Just get the jeep in Gecko and take it from there. :whistling:

YUP, our Majave is getting a facelift sometime soon, a friend of mine has a graffics shop and we are going neon green. It should look great!

CrazyBull 10-08-2011 11:06 PM

I so wanted the Gecko but my dealer and Pat F both told me it wouldn't be released for production until Jan 19th. I don't have that kind of patience. So..I went with the more "ahem" mature Pearl Deep Cherry. Now I have to draft my moose head silhouette to paint on the hood once I get the bugger. And <sigh> I found the coolest 6' long lizard decal to go on both sides if I had gotten it.. Hopes, dreams...broken concrete... <sniff>

Matt10JK 10-08-2011 11:53 PM

The gecko on the 2012 brochure is a best guess photoshop. It originally appeared back in late 2006 in the 2007 JK brochure as a detonator yellow. Look at the rear facing photo, they photoshopped in the 2012 woofer panel but forgot the check strap.

Most images in those things are recycled and airbrushed photos, done by the marketing dept.

trennmaschine 10-09-2011 07:14 AM

I think I remember seeing an AMC Gremlin in that color...

Vyper340 10-09-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1639205)
:rofl: posted this in another thread.

Rumor has is in 2013 jeep is going to base
color choices off one of one of are favorite toys when we were 2 :p

I vote for purple :)

Lmfao

Smshly616 10-09-2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl (Post 1639103)
Skittles colors are great for Wranglers, IMO.....

x2!!!!!!!

I hate yellow on all vehicles....except for wranglers.

magician 10-09-2011 02:02 PM

when i order, that don't have Gecko color, so i order Dazor, but now i still waiting mine coming, i order on 7/18, almost 3 month now, if i know i need to wait that long, i will go for Gecko too

Mortalis5509 10-09-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl (Post 1639103)

My 04 Rubicon is electric lime green and I call it skittles.A lot of people ask me if its a factory color. They like it and then say you dont see many of those.

ladyjane 10-09-2011 09:10 PM

I agree that the Wranglers look good in the bright colors. I see other vehicles in the bright colors and think they look awful, but the bright colors just work on the Wranglers. I am glad it isn't everyone's cup of tea because I don't want a lot of other Crush Jeeps on the road near me!!

I think Gecko is going to look good. If I didn't like orange so much, I would go for Gecko.