Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/)
-   -   NO Flex!!!? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/no-flex-11708.html)

yjpolo 09-21-2007 11:41 PM

NO Flex!!!?

I recently purchased a 95 wrangler . It alreeady has a 4 inch "pro lift"? spring lift on it with rough country shocks. My prob is that its so f@#4$n:mad: stiff i cant flex at all. When evr i get off in the trails i go through ditches or whatnot and i always wind up three and some time two wheelin. Which makes my four wheel drive useless. Any one know an easy to get some flex outta these kind of lifts? Any help much appreciated

AzTJ 09-21-2007 11:44 PM

Its because you have leaf springs :D

just kidding... DO you have the sway bars disconnected? That will help greatly. Even if you are on 2-wheels, thats what 4wd is for, getting power to every wheel thats on the ground.

yjpolo 09-21-2007 11:53 PM

The sway bars are still connected. And whenever it is up on two wheels it spins the one that is off ground for some reason.

AzTJ 09-22-2007 12:15 AM

Disconnect the sway bar(the front) and you'll notice a big difference. The reason the wheel in the air is spinning is because the axle isn't locked.

4Jeepn 09-22-2007 05:02 AM

in 4wheel drive, power is sent to the wheel with the less resistance.. hence the tire off the ground get the power. If you have lockers, then power is sent to both tires in equal amounts. Also you may wish to replace or check to make sure your shocks are not limiting your flex as well as dissonnecting the sway bar...

yjpolo 09-22-2007 08:36 AM

Ok i will try sway bar. I think its time for an upgrade on shocks anyway. Same on rear i assume? I mean it is so stiff you actually feel every little gravel while your driving, and when you jack it up on either side the other comes up with it.

yjpolo 09-22-2007 08:38 AM

Also will removing sway bar affect hiway travel ? I drive this b@#$ evry where.

Vector6 09-22-2007 08:50 AM

<--- whispers... (Lockers)..... ;)

yjpolo 09-22-2007 08:52 AM

<--- whispers... (Lockers).....

How much cost?

killerisdead 09-22-2007 09:06 AM

ive got a 93 with no sway bar and drive it every where ......greasable shackles help alot ..........tire in the air spins is just how it is with out lockers ............you can try put your parking brake on or feathering your brakes ....but ive never had much luck with this .........locker all the way ....but not in d35 if you want to drive it home .....

daddyjeep 09-22-2007 09:15 AM

You definately neet to get rid of the sway bar. You really won't notice a difference on the road. If you do, then you can get yourself a set of disconnectsa for it, but I really don't think you will even notice it is gone. That will help some.

Now, about the shocks. Get yourself in one of those sutuations where a tire is in the air and get out and have a look at your shocks to see if they look like they are fully extended. Since the shocks don't match your lift, they might not be the correct lenght to work with your springs. They could be a limiting factor for down travel.

An option for getting better travel out of leaf springs is to add the revolver shackles or buggy springs. If you do either one of these options you will need to upgrade your shocks and shock mounts.

Triple88a 09-22-2007 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yjpolo (Post 139933)
Also will removing sway bar affect hiway travel ? I drive this b@#$ evry where.

It will just sway a bit more when turning.

yjpolo 09-22-2007 12:12 PM

Killerisdead: but not in d35 if you want to drive it home .....

What you mean? DO they not work well in the 35s ?

yjpolo 09-22-2007 12:15 PM

About revolver shackles.. How are they in the trails when you are in a bind? I heard if you get i n a tight spot with these, when they "for lack of better word" unload they will shift your jeep a lot often causing you to get in bad angle positions?

18derrick 09-22-2007 12:31 PM

you can also try removing your rear track bar. this will help your rear end travel more I see in your pic that rear end has no travel. Revolver shackels may help you out two mabe only in the rear end though ive never used them but I dont think I would put them in the front.

yjpolo 09-22-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 18derrick (Post 139982)
you can also try removing your rear track bar. this will help your rear end travel more I see in your pic that rear end has no travel. Revolver shackels may help you out two mabe only in the rear end though ive never used them but I dont think I would put them in the front.

Yeah every time i go through any ditches i always wind up with one or two wheels off ground like in my pic. I am gonna remove rear tracker bar tomoro. Also i have rounded up some shocks from friend thta works at auto zone;) do you know how much shackles for rear cost or where to find them? Thanks
"that ride was fun thought it was gonna roll rite after that pic was took.

killerisdead 09-22-2007 12:38 PM

a locker in a d35 is certain doom ......others will dissagre but thier all idiots ........will brake axles all day every day.....even with a super 35 kit......dont beleave the hipe.....what size tires are you running???

yjpolo 09-22-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerisdead (Post 139984)
a locker in a d35 is certain doom ......others will dissagre but thier all idiots ........will brake axles all day every day.....even with a super 35 kit......dont beleave the hipe.....what size tires are you running???

31-10.50 bf good. Really wanna run some 33 12.50 on it soon. Any advice?

killerisdead 09-22-2007 01:24 PM

with a 4 inch lift they should fit no problem..........bfg mud all the way..........the 12.5 will rub a little on the springs with stock rims ........look for 11.5 or try metric tires im running 285/75/r16 with 1.25 spacers ...... i think thats 32.7/11.2 /r16 but dont know for sure......after all im an American....and the metric system sucks

Triple88a 09-22-2007 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerisdead (Post 139991)
i think thats 32.7/11.2 /r16 but dont know for sure......after all im an American....and the metric system sucks

Actually the metric system is better since everything is to 0 instead of 12 or 16s or whatever units you are looking at. :) Problem with the d35 is, its simply not strong enough. It may hold 30s when its locked but you said you want 33s which it will never hold (when its locked that is) but it will however hold 33s okay if you are nice with it and it not being locked.

killerisdead 09-22-2007 02:00 PM

thats so comunist stuff your saying ........metric my a$$........and why are you always on the yj section ....... what could you possoble have to add about geting flex out of a leaf spring ...........round head lights are for posers

Triple88a 09-22-2007 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerisdead (Post 140000)
thats so comunist stuff your saying ........metric my a$$........and why are you always on the yj section ....... what could you possoble have to add about geting flex out of a leaf spring ...........round head lights are for posers

dode you got issues.

debruins 09-22-2007 09:10 PM

Quote:

round head lights are for posers

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

says the one with a D35, 30's, doesnt know that he has to diconnect the sway bar, or anyhting about lockers,

and BTW what about CJ's CLEARY they are not "posers"

some ppl get over defensive about sq headlights, maybe its b/c they know they're jsut worse all around :doh: :flipoff:

nicolas-eric 09-22-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

round head lights are for posers

:rofl:

http://jeeptj.de/ftp/round.gif

nycom96 09-22-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerisdead (Post 139984)

Not true people run D35's with a locker and never have a problem.

nycom96 09-22-2007 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debruins (Post 140162)
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

says the one with a D35, 30's, doesnt know that he has to diconnect the sway bar, or anyhting about lockers,

and BTW what about CJ's CLEARY they are not "posers"

some ppl get over defensive about sq headlights, maybe its b/c they know they're jsut worse all around :doh: :flipoff:

Not everybody!! All jeeps are awesome. My next build is gonna be a JK :punk:

debruins 09-22-2007 10:22 PM

yay, a real jeep fan!!!

btw i love all jeeps, but it jsut doenst makes ense to em to get the YJ, i wopuld get either a 80's Cj or a TJ, just b/c either get the better comfort or if ur going carb and springs might as well go cool vintage with the CJ

nycom96 09-22-2007 10:33 PM

I had a CJ5 about two years ago, I wanted to build it up but It needed to much work than I wanted to put into it. I love them though, All Jeeps are awesome!:D

debruins 09-22-2007 10:36 PM

I love my CJ5, but it would take like 20K to make it like my TJ!!

my goal in life is to have one of every jeep model ever made, excluding all models besides wranglers after 1990 (grand cherokee, liberty etc.)

nycom96 09-22-2007 10:38 PM

Thats a awesome dream. I am wishing my dream comes true that Jeep is gonna make another truck.