Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   unneeded parts (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/unneeded-parts-117679.html)

kbwwolf 10-14-2011 12:21 AM

unneeded parts
 
What do y'all do w/the OEM parts your Jeeps shed during a build? Tires, rims, shocks, bumpers, fenders, etc.

I hunted through the forum classifieds and there doesn't seem to be too much of a market for the stuff, especially tires and rims. Which makes sense: Most of us are sh!*canning the feeble factory parts...

Is Craigslist the answer?

Just wondering if there's a viable market somewhere; I'm pretty much already at the limit, storage-wise, in my garage.

kjeeper10 10-14-2011 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf
What do y'all do w/the OEM parts your Jeeps shed during a build? Tires, rims, shocks, bumpers, fenders, etc.

I hunted through the forum classifieds and there doesn't seem to be too much of a market for the stuff, especially tires and rims. Which makes sense: Most of us are sh!*canning the feeble factory parts...

Is Craigslist the answer?

Just wondering if there's a viable market somewhere; I'm pretty much already at the limit, storage-wise, in my garage.

I love craiglist, your right--supply and demand. Someones not going to sell stock steelies on a jeep forum. 32's will go if not overpriced like some I see.

Best advice...

Your not going to get rich selling OEM parts. Keep the price low(er) and you should have no problem selling it.

daggo66 10-14-2011 05:52 AM

Your Sahara tires/wheels should have some value to some stock Sport owners. They should go between $400 and $600. The gas shocks will have some value as well as the painted flares. Many give the bumpers away for free. I find the for sale section on JKF to have a little more action than the one here. CL is also a good idea because those tires/wheels will fit other vehicles.

mhaines 10-14-2011 06:14 AM

Also check the "wanted" sections. You find people that messed up stock parts looking to replace, or people wanting to go back stock before they sell/trade their Jeeps

kbwwolf 10-14-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1657266)
I love craiglist, your right--supply and demand. Someones not going to sell stock steelies on a jeep forum. 32's will go if not overpriced like some I see.

Best advice...

Your not going to get rich selling OEM parts. Keep the price low(er) and you should have no problem selling it.


Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 1657267)
Your Sahara tires/wheels should have some value to some stock Sport owners. They should go between $400 and $600. The gas shocks will have some value as well as the painted flares. Many give the bumpers away for free. I find the for sale section on JKF to have a little more action than the one here. CL is also a good idea because those tires/wheels will fit other vehicles.


Cool. I was thinking around $500 anyway. I'd rather have somebody take 'em off my hands than try to get full value.

Daggo66, I agree w/the bumpers. If somebody doesn't want 'em they'll probably end up in the landfill. I'll try JKF (I joined awhile back, but have yet to post anything there... :redface: I've gotten everything I need here so far.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhaines (Post 1657295)
Also check the "wanted" sections. You find people that messed up stock parts looking to replace, or people wanting to go back stock before they sell/trade their Jeeps


Another good idea. Thanks for the input, y'all.

JIMBOX 10-14-2011 11:39 AM

:D Good dope on craigs list--free

I've sold all my stuff on Calif/Bay Area/Nevada/Reno craigslist-and never took more than a week-

Just demand CASH--no checks/ no trial use and try to arrange for a meeting in a well knowm parking lot--not your home !!

Unless you're big/strong/armed !

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

kbwwolf 10-14-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMBOX (Post 1657835)
:D Good dope on craigs list--free

I've sold all my stuff on Calif/Bay Area/Nevada/Reno craigslist-and never took more than a week-

Just demand CASH--no checks/ no trial use and try to arrange for a meeting in a well knowm parking lot--not your home !!

Unless you're big/strong/armed !

:dance::rofl: JIMBO


Good advice. Thanks. I've never used CL.

And I am armed. But why tempt a fool?

kjeeper10 10-14-2011 12:39 PM

You have a smartphone? Get the CL app-- its THE BEST.

I would take the front bumper if you were closer.
When I bought my JK (used)--the bumper had a good size dent in it. Knowing
jeeps-- while negotiating with the sales guy I searched CL for a Jk front bumper. A few showed up. Seen one for $100 and a couple at $75. I was not overly concerned knowing I could easily find a OEM replacement for cheap or aftermarket if I decided..

Good luck :)

kbwwolf 10-14-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1657950)
You have a smartphone? Get the CL app-- its THE BEST.

I would take the front bumper if you were closer.
When I bought my JK (used)--the bumper had a good size dent in it. Knowing
jeeps-- while negotiating with the sales guy I searched CL for a Jk front bumper. A few showed up. Seen one for $100 and a couple at $75. I was not overly concerned knowing I could easily find a OEM replacement for cheap or aftermarket if I decided..

Good luck :)

A Craigslist app? Cool.

As for the bumper, you can have mine if you wanna pay for shipping. It's gonna be a little while before I get around to taking it off and installing a new one. AT LEAST until after the baseball season is done...maybe a little longer...

daggo66 10-14-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 1657979)
A Craigslist app? Cool.

As for the bumper, you can have mine if you wanna pay for shipping. It's gonna be a little while before I get around to taking it off and installing a new one. AT LEAST until after the baseball season is done...maybe a little longer...

Baseball season ended last week. :banghead:

kbwwolf 10-14-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 1657990)
Baseball season ended last week. :banghead:


For who, the Yankees? I pity you.

kbwwolf 10-14-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1657950)
You have a smartphone? Get the CL app-- its THE BEST.

Holy sheit, there's about 20 versions. Which one are you using?

kjeeper10 10-14-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf

Holy shit, there's about 20 versions. Which one are you using?

Lol...I'm using Craigspro for iPhone.

And ya-- I paid a couple bucks. The free versions are garbage.

Keep me informed on that. What is your zip code?

kbwwolf 10-14-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1658256)
Lol...I'm using Craigspro for iPhone.

And ya-- I paid a couple bucks. The free versions are garbage.

Keep me informed on that. What is your zip code?


Don't mind payin if it works well. Thanks.

zip is 54913

kjeeper10 10-14-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf

Don't mind payin if it works well. Thanks.

zip is 54913

That's what I say.

There's folks who won't pay a freakin dollar for an app that works. CL pro is my 2nd favorite app. WF is # 1 :flowers:

Thank you :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.