Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Trail Pics (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f24/)
-   -   10/15 Turkey Bay Trip (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f24/10-15-turkey-bay-trip-117864.html)

Dempsey 10-15-2011 05:26 PM

10/15 Turkey Bay Trip
 
2 Attachment(s)
Flipper and ageless will be posting up pics and video today and tomorrow but we had a great time. Hit several known trails...was a full day!

Trails/Area:
White clouds
Gauntlet
Rocky Road 2
Lakeside trail
Shoreline trail
Silo

1st pic is us about to pull out at the house.

Flipper Wilson 10-15-2011 08:27 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Just a few pics out of over 100 that my wife took.:thumb:

We had a blast. The best video footage was lost... Someone didn't turn on the camera. :( sorry Nick.

Ageless Stranger 10-15-2011 08:32 PM

We just got back from town, and I'm looking at the raw video as well as uploading the few pics I took with my phone. :)

Flipper Wilson 10-15-2011 08:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A few more...:)

Flipper Wilson 10-15-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger (Post 1661255)
We just got back from town, and I'm looking at the raw video as well as uploading the few pics I took with my phone. :)


Looking forward to watching the race through the gaunlet. LOL

GREEN-MACHINE 10-15-2011 08:47 PM

nice pictures,, looks like you had fun and good weather

Ageless Stranger 10-15-2011 09:19 PM

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-t...0/IMG_0098.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-T...0/IMG_0099.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-g...0/IMG_0104.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-I...0/IMG_0109.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-m...0/IMG_0111.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-z...0/IMG_0117.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-C...0/IMG_0120.JPG

Ageless Stranger 10-15-2011 09:19 PM

And the icing on the cake? We spent an hour trying to rescue this guy from his own stupidity. We failed. :facepalm:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-v...0/IMG_0122.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-E...0/IMG_0123.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-x...0/IMG_0124.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-f...0/IMG_0125.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-r...0/IMG_0126.JPG

Barrie 10-15-2011 09:22 PM

Great pics Josh, looks like a fun time. :thumb:

XJ Knight 10-15-2011 10:12 PM

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...7-1024x768.jpg

nick50471 10-15-2011 10:19 PM

Nice rendering XJ.


Did that guy get pulled out?

Ageless Stranger 10-15-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ Knight (Post 1661594)

:punk:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick50471 (Post 1661615)
Nice rendering XJ.


Did that guy get pulled out?

It was still there when we left. The guy in the 2500 crew cab Dodge said "I'm pulling out when these guys leave (he was talking about us) because they're the only ones around here who act like they give a $h!t about their equipment, and I've got to haul mine home with this truck later."

lol. :blunt:

XJ Knight 10-15-2011 10:25 PM

Thanks nick

jcf 10-15-2011 10:39 PM

Nice! looks like a fun day & that guy bogged, could he get it in any further do ya' think? looks like a tractor job needed :rofl:
Beautifull weather ,it looks like a great place to wheel :thumb:

06blackmax 10-15-2011 10:46 PM

Went by there today on a day trip to Pattys resturant. Now that I know where it is I'm going to go back!!! Looks like fun, stopped at the office and got a map and permit info and most importantly saved it in my GPS so next time I can drive right to it.

Ageless Stranger 10-15-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ Knight (Post 1661637)
Thanks nick

Thanks for resizing it. I saved that one. :thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcf (Post 1661678)
Nice! looks like a fun day & that guy bogged, could he get it in any further do ya' think? looks like a tractor job needed :rofl:
Beautifull weather ,it looks like a great place to wheel :thumb:

I don't think he could've Julie. :nonono: It was a nice day weather wise, but it's almost time for the Jeep's winter hat. :(

Wanna come on over and run these trails? :action-smiley:

terminator012 10-16-2011 08:32 AM

Nice pics guys:thumb: Josh, I almost pm'ed you the other day to see when you were going riding again. I got the fever again:D Drop me a line next time yall are going and maybe I can make the trip.

Dempsey 10-16-2011 09:15 AM

Pics look good. Can't wait to see the video.

nick50471 10-16-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dempsey
pics look good. Can't wait to see the video.

x2

Ageless Stranger 10-16-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terminator012 (Post 1662220)
Nice pics guys:thumb: Josh, I almost pm'ed you the other day to see when you were going riding again. I got the fever again:D Drop me a line next time yall are going and maybe I can make the trip.

Sure thing Tracy. :thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dempsey (Post 1662307)
Pics look good. Can't wait to see the video.

Yeah. I've gone through the videos twice and deleted a bunch. I haven't started putting them together or editing yet. Maybe today.

Ageless Stranger 10-16-2011 10:04 AM

Also, for the record, Chris' winch drug all three of out Jeeps several feet, and didn't move the Blazer. So we unhooked out Jeeps, and Chris relocated. Then we hooked a Dodge 2500 crew cab 4x4 with a Cummins to him as anchor. He drug it too, so then we hooked another Dodge, this one a 1500 4x4 to the 2500. He drug both of those trucks along behind him. It was rediclious.

Barrie 10-16-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dempsey (Post 1662307)
Pics look good. Can't wait to see the video.

:thumb:




Good morning Josh. :wavey:

nick50471 10-16-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger
Also, for the record, Chris' winch drug all three of out Jeeps several feet, and didn't move the Blazer. So we unhooked out Jeeps, and Chris relocated. Then we hooked a Dodge 2500 crew cab 4x4 with a Cummins to him as anchor. He drug it too, so then we hooked another Dodge, this one a 1500 4x4 to the 2500. He drug both of those trucks along behind him. It was rediclious.

That is very impressive. What kind of winch does he have?

I would really look that bad boy over for damage. A dead pull of 10k is enough to smoke most units.

Flipper Wilson 10-16-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger (Post 1662392)
Also, for the record, Chris' winch drug all three of our Jeeps several feet, and didn't move the Blazer. So we unhooked our Jeeps, and Chris relocated. Then we hooked a Dodge 2500 crew cab 4x4 with a Cummins to him as anchor. He drug it too, so then we hooked another Dodge, this one a 1500 4x4 to the 2500. He drug both of those trucks along behind him. It was rediclious.

Not to bad for a winch considered medium to light duty. Using a snatch block was the only way to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick50471 (Post 1662406)
That is very impressive. What kind of winch does he have?

I would really look that bad boy over for damage. A dead pull of 10k is enough to smoke most units.

It is a Warn M6000. Warn Industries - Jeep, Truck & SUV Winches: M6000

For a small winch I was proud of it. We were realistic about the overall situation and were quick to decide that we definetly were not equiped for such a recovery. :( Maybe in the future we will be able to be of more help to stranded vehicals. :D

When I got home I gave it a quick once over and washed the mud off the cable. Before our next trip out I plan on unspooling the cable to inspect it from end to end, check the mounting hardware, and look over any other parts I can lay my eyes on. A jeepers equipment is only as good as the maintenance performed before the trip out. :thumb:

Dempsey 10-16-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flipper Wilson (Post 1662787)
Not to bad for a winch considered medium to light duty. Using a snatch block was the only way to go.



It is a Warn M6000. Warn Industries - Jeep, Truck & SUV Winches: M6000

For a small winch I was proud of it. We were realistic about the overall situation and were quick to decide that we definetly were not equiped for such a recovery. :( Maybe in the future we will be able to be of more help to stranded vehicals. :D

When I got home I gave it a quick once over and washed the mud off the cable. Before our next trip out I plan on unspooling the cable to inspect it from end to end, check the mounting hardware, and look over any other parts I can lay my eyes on. A jeepers equipment is only as good as the maintenance performed before the trip out. :thumb:

100% agreed. That is plenty of winch for a jeep. I have a m8000 and if mine does as good as his m6000 I will be happy. Let me know if you need anything...it was my fault we stopped. :hide:

Warn M series are suppose to be made in the USA with mostly USA made parts. Good example of how well equipped stuff works. My ARB snatch block was good too.:D

Flipper Wilson 10-16-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dempsey (Post 1662798)
100% agreed. That is plenty of winch for a jeep. I have a m8000 and if mine does as good as his m6000 I will be happy. Let me know if you need anything...it was my fault we stopped. :hide:

Warn M series are suppose to be made in the USA with mostly USA made parts. Good example of how well equipped stuff works. My ARB snatch block was good too.:D


The more I have thought about it I am glad you stopped. It gave me a chance to test the winch out in a real situation. Also, it has given me more
appreciation for your snatch block. I believe I am going to try to find me two of them to keep in the Jeep.

Ageless Stranger 10-17-2011 01:33 AM

Video will be up today. Technically. :D

Ageless Stranger 10-17-2011 08:15 AM

Video is up. :cool:

Turkey Bay 10/14/2011 - YouTube

Barrie 10-17-2011 08:40 AM

Great video Josh. :wavey:

schnutzy 10-17-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger (Post 1661414)

i think this is my favorite picture out of them all :thumb:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.