Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   [adult swim] (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/adult-swim-11791.html)

ccain 09-25-2007 02:56 AM

[adult swim]

OK gang... It's time to bone up and come clean with the fact that you all watch cartoons.

But first a little rant:
What the hell is this whole "Tim and Eric Awesome show", "Saul of the Mole Men" thing? I really don't like live action stuff on a medium called "The Cartoon Network"!.... OK, I admit that these shows have their moments, but still....

Hey Tim! Hey Eric! That is NOT an awesome show! BAD JOB!!!! And Saul! You put up a good front chasing after Fallopia...But I've seen your kind before! I bet secretly you wanna do a little spelunking with Clancy and Bertrum! It's that Freddie Mercury mustache dude! It's a dead giveaway!

Also, As a self proclaimed Anime nut (and try as I may) I just can't get into InuYasha.... I swear to god, it's like setting thru a half hour of them just screaming "INUYASHA" and "KAGOME"..... ARGGGG!

And I am soooo freakin' glad they fixed that whole Friday Night thing! Holy Crap! It got to be so bad, that on Friday night I was at the bar from 11pm to 5am! Thanks for saving my life [adult swim] ! ;)

OK, now that thats outta the way....Whats your favorite [adult swim] cartoon?
Also, feel free to chime in with quotes and pics or what ever!

Here's my list!

Futurama
Family Guy
Venture Bros.
Robot Chicken
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Sealab 2021
Harvey Birdman
Metalocalypse
The Oblongs
Bleach
Blood+
Cowboy Bebop
Eureka Seven
FLCL
Fullmetal Alchemist
American Dad
Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Squidbillies
Ghost in the Shell
Lupin the 3rd
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Paranoia Agent
S-Cry-Ed
Trigun
Trinity Blood

WOW...And this coming from a guy who claims to NOT watch TV! :rofl:

AzTJ 09-25-2007 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccain529 (Post 141168)
But first a little rant:
What the hell is this whole "Tim and Eric Awesome show", "Saul of the Mole Men" thing? I really don't like live action stuff on a medium called "The Cartoon Network"!.... OK, I admit that these shows have their moments, but still....

I think you feel the same as me about those two shows...:punk: and if you ask me, I think those TimEric guys are homos with each other. Half of that crap is soo gay.

The only shows I really care for are:
The Venture Bros. <- Anxiously Awaiting 3rd Season! Own Season 1 & Season 2 DVD's
Bleach <- Favorite New Anime & Started DVD Collection
Ghost in the Shell <- Slowly Building Collection of GiTS Series
Robot Chicken <- Own Season 1 & Season 2 DVD's

Others I like:
Family Guy
Metalocalypse
Cowboy Bebop
Futurama
Harvey Birdman
Morel Oral
FLCL
Sealab 2021

The Venture Family
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2...roslogopu7.jpg

The Monarch yelling at his henchmen(#21 & #24) along with Dr.Girlfriend
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2...monarchan4.jpg

Levinoss 09-25-2007 04:26 AM

Futurama
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Home Movies

Adult swim has gone down hill the last 2 years, I dont watch CN very much anymore but those were my favs when I did.

~Lev

kg4kpg 09-25-2007 07:06 AM

I've never seen any of those programs. Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Hour, bast cartoons ever!

larphead 09-25-2007 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kg4kpg (Post 141190)
I've never seen any of those programs. Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Hour, bast cartoons ever!

amen,
screw cartoon network. boomerang is where it is :punk:

cherokee980 09-25-2007 07:32 AM

Robot Chicken - FTW!!!!!
Moral Oral - close second

Dare2BSquare 09-25-2007 07:47 AM

There's a cartoon channel?

I prefer the outdoor channel.

Haven't watched cartoons since my kids grew out of them.

tiny terror 09-25-2007 08:46 AM

cain said bone.

(futurama)

amy 09-25-2007 09:36 AM

I'll stay up past my bedtime for Futurama. Otherwise, I like Scooby Doo. Er, I mean, for my kids. Yeah, that's it, it's for the kids. ;)

emills 09-25-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy (Post 141228)
I'll stay up past my bedtime for Futurama. Otherwise, I like Scooby Doo. Er, I mean, for my kids. Yeah, that's it, it's for the kids. ;)

My kids have gotten hooked on anything having to do with Scooby Doo. I like that I can finally sit and watch cartoons with them. I would occassionally before too, but Dora the Explorer and all those other ones they watch are just not as fun.

kg4kpg 09-25-2007 10:32 AM

Johnny Quest was always good. I heard is is going to be a movie too.
Space Ghost
The Jetsons
The Flintstones

Tj Bunch 09-25-2007 11:49 AM

Scooby Doo......

MouthfulOfGrass 09-25-2007 12:11 PM

Bugs Bunny
Popeye
Jetsons
Flintstones
Quick Draw McGraw
Super Chicken
Tom Slick
Fat Albert
Speed Racer

I don't have cable, and don't watch much t.v., but those are what I remember from being a kid.

My kids read or play outside. When we rent a cartoon for them they usually pick Pokemon or SpongeBob.

cherokee980 09-25-2007 12:20 PM

Gotta love Spongebob!!!! Are ya ready kids....OOOOOO who lives in a pineapple under the sea???

kg4kpg 09-25-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee980 (Post 141274)
Gotta love Spongebob!!!! Are ya ready kids....OOOOOO who lives in a pineapple under the sea???

Wasn't that the "most popular show among gay men" a few years back? Oh, and I'm not pointing fingers at anyone here. :D

cherokee980 09-25-2007 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kg4kpg (Post 141281)
Wasn't that the "most popular show among gay men" a few years back? Oh, and I'm not pointing fingers at anyone here. :D

Not sure about the gay men thing, I just think it's hillarious!! (how exactly did you come to know about this gay men thing)? Inside connection so to speak??:rofl::rofl:

AzTJ 09-25-2007 01:26 PM

Looks like me and cain have any taste in cartoons, especially funny ones :D

MouthfulOfGrass 09-25-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kg4kpg (Post 141281)

You Suck. (to use Scout's favorite saying).

& Sponge Bob is funny. :wavey:

Dare2BSquare 09-25-2007 01:58 PM

define "funny"

1BLKJP 09-25-2007 04:37 PM

Don't really watch Adult Swim stuff, but damn you can't beat some South Park. :D Of course I look like Cartman and can sound just like him to. :D

But when you want to sit down and watch a good cartoon you can't go wrong with a little road runner and the coyote. Man that guy taught me a lot over the years. I've never driven off a cliff at full speed, Been hit in the head by a street sign.....You name it that darn coyote taught me not to do it. :D

MouthfulOfGrass 09-25-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BLKJP (Post 141370)
Don't really watch Adult Swim stuff, but damn you can't beat some South Park. :D Of course I look like Cartman and can sound just like him to. :D

But when you want to sit down and watch a good cartoon you can't go wrong with a little road runner and the coyote. Man that guy taught me a lot over the years. I've never driven off a cliff at full speed, Been hit in the head by a street sign.....You name it that darn coyote taught me not to do it. :D

Not to buy anything made by "Acme"...........

machine 09-25-2007 07:56 PM

Metalocalypse
Robot Chicken
Futurama
Family Guy
ATHF
Full Metal Alchemist
Sealab

im glad to see you didnt put 12oz mouse on your list, as that show is utter garbage. however ill have to disagree on squidbillies, i cant stand that show.

and yes the awesome show and molemen both suck ass. (were those the guys that did the "tom goes" show? i miss that show it had odd/dry humor but it was funny)

amy 09-25-2007 07:58 PM

Aww come on, 1BLKJP, ya gotta try flinging yourself with a catapult. That's just plain fun. :D

AzTJ 09-25-2007 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machine (Post 141460)
and yes the awesome show and molemen both suck ass. (were those the guys that did the "tom goes" show? i miss that show it had odd/dry humor but it was funny)

"Tom Goes To The Mayor" Actually a decent show. It was funny when Jack Black was on there and had bear traps set up all over town. :D

MouthfulOfGrass 09-25-2007 08:28 PM

I can't believe I saw this, here's SpongeBob for you, like I've never seen him before.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p6_WZJJNBw

machine 09-25-2007 08:35 PM

[QUOTE=MouthfulOfGrass;141483]I can't believe I saw this, here's SpongeBob for you, like I've never seen him before.....

too bad in the real episode they were doing some elton john sounding junk...

jjseel 09-25-2007 08:41 PM

:zap: that made my brain hurt...

OdhinnsChick 09-25-2007 08:47 PM

Robot Chicken and that's about it, and then I only watch it on youtube lol

cherokee980 09-26-2007 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MouthfulOfGrass (Post 141483)
I can't believe I saw this, here's SpongeBob for you, like I've never seen him before.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p6_WZJJNBw

Good stuff!!!!!:rofl:

kg4kpg 09-26-2007 07:29 AM

What the hell were they saying, if anything?? My nose, ears and eyes started bleeding, forgot to turn my speakers down. Thought I was in a Scanners re-run. Glad the boss didn't walk in. :D