Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Had top storage inside (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/had-top-storage-inside-118186.html)

xj-boonie 10-17-2011 05:02 PM

Had top storage inside

Anyone ever store a hardtop inside, as in inside of an apartment? It looks like it would fit as I've got 33" of clearance and the hardtop width (height) is 28"...

kenb1023 10-17-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xj-boonie (Post 1666290)
Anyone ever store a hardtop inside, as in inside of an apartment? It looks like it would fit as I've got 33" of clearance and the hardtop width (height) is 28"...

I have a barn to store mine but I am sure this would be a two man lift to get it in.

lunaras 10-17-2011 05:07 PM

I do keep it in my apartment, but going through some doorways is a bit of a tight fit. The problem isn't so much the doorways themselves, but dealing with tight corners on either side. I had to open the rear window and kind of rotate it around some of the walls to make it around them.

Taking it up a narrow flight of stairs isn't much fun either.

It sits pretty nicely wrapped around and over my deep freeze in my office, at least for the next week or two.

Oh, and it definitely takes two people to maneuver it without destroying walls.

kjeeper10 10-17-2011 05:22 PM

I did once, intentions were to get down into my cellar but could not get down the stairway. Condo management was threatening to fine me. It stayed in the empty bedroom for a the winter.
Never did that again, told them to fine me but they never did :)

SeaComms 10-18-2011 06:08 AM

Fine you for taking your own property into your own apartment? Tell them its a designer alcove with transparent flip top :) Then tell them to get stuffed !

daggo66 10-18-2011 06:11 AM

You could use it as a coffee table.

kenb1023 10-19-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1666355)
I did once, intentions were to get down into my cellar but could not get down the stairway. Condo management was threatening to fine me. It stayed in the empty bedroom for a the winter.
Never did that again, told them to fine me but they never did :)

I would like to know what they would say about a Harley in for the winter :)... Oh wait, that would be the same as the entire Jeep. This is more like keeping your helmet in the house, just bigger. :dance:

Peepers 10-19-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenb1023 (Post 1672076)
I would like to know what they would say about a Harley in for the winter :)... Oh wait, that would be the same as the entire Jeep. This is more like keeping your helmet in the house, just bigger. :dance:

I never thought of a hard top as a helmet for a jeep... That does bring some funny images to mind though...
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

kjeeper10 10-19-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenb1023

Haha