Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Tires & Wheels (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/)
-   -   Pro Comp 7069's w/ oem BFG's (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/pro-comp-7069s-w-oem-bfgs-118209.html)

devicemanager 10-17-2011 07:24 PM

Pro Comp 7069's w/ oem BFG's
 
My 2012 Rubi Unl is in transit, and today I ordered some black 17x9 pro comp 7069's from Quadratech. I planned on having the local discount tire removing the bfg's from the oem wheels and mounting them on the 7069's. I was quoted $105 which seems fair.

I believe the oem wheel is only 7.5" wide, so will the oem bfg's look "wider" on the wider wheels? I am hoping this will hold me over until I get the 3.5" lift and 35's.

InfernoGirl 10-17-2011 08:11 PM

Yes, they will spread out some due to the wider wheel. Be cautious airing down offroad with that set up tho', you don't have a lot of tire width to keep your bead seated. It will fit ok, we did it for our spare for a short time.

TJe0454 10-17-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devicemanager (Post 1666806)
My 2012 Rubi Unl is in transit, and today I ordered some black 17x9 pro comp 7069's from Quadratech. I planned on having the local discount tire removing the bfg's from the oem wheels and mounting them on the 7069's. I was quoted $105 which seems fair.

I believe the oem wheel is only 7.5" wide, so will the oem bfg's look "wider" on the wider wheels? I am hoping this will hold me over until I get the 3.5" lift and 35's.

why dont u sell the tires/wheels together and make more money (assuming you were going to sell the wheels.) you would cover a good amount of the cost of new wheels/tires.

devicemanager 10-18-2011 12:27 AM

Thanks for the input. I'll just sell the oem's w/out tpms and go with a Duratrac 285/70/17

TJe0454 10-18-2011 11:29 AM

smart. you will love the duratracs. silent on the road and really good offroad. (just dont play with sharp rocks)

InfernoGirl 10-18-2011 12:12 PM

If you're buying new wheels and tires, and you want to end up with 35's you'll be money ahead to go ahead and put a 2.5" lift on it and your 35's and be done, rather than doing tires twice.... You'll want 35's before your 33's wear out, and a 2.5" lift is all that's needed to clear 35's, and they can be picked up for not a whole lot of money... 3.5" is gonna require lots more than just a lift kit.

devicemanager 10-18-2011 06:42 PM

I appreciate the input. I've already ordered the AEV 2" BB (I'll install it myself) and will be ordering 315/70/17 Duratracs from my local Discount Tire. Apparently on a 9" wheel they are only 34" @ 35 psi, so I would not expect rubbing unless I disco the swaybar, and even then it may not be an issue.

InfernoGirl 10-19-2011 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devicemanager (Post 1670262)
I appreciate the input. I've already ordered the AEV 2" BB (I'll install it myself) and will be ordering 315/70/17 Duratracs from my local Discount Tire. Apparently on a 9" wheel they are only 34" @ 35 psi, so I would not expect rubbing unless I disco the swaybar, and even then it may not be an issue.

Watch the back, the pinch seam will be an issue for you before the front most likely. A hit with a grinder will fix it. Get the $100 treadlightly rebate on the Duratracs, you'll love them, they are great tires :)

devicemanager 10-19-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl (Post 1671884)
Watch the back, the pinch seam will be an issue for you before the front most likely. A hit with a grinder will fix it. Get the $100 treadlightly rebate on the Duratracs, you'll love them, they are great tires :)

Thanks for the heads up and saving me a major wtf moment! I found a thread about the pinch seam with pics. :thumb:

I joined TL a few days ago, and this $100 rebate along with the 1% below inv. is a real treat. My Rubi Unl is in transit and should arrive any day now. As soon as it gets here I plan on spending a few hours installing the 2" AEV BB and then heading over to Discount Tire for the new shoes.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.