Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   My new 2002 - Before, middle, after is coming soon... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/my-new-2002-before-middle-after-is-coming-soon-118554.html)

abader01 10-19-2011 05:37 PM

My new 2002 - Before, middle, after is coming soon...
 
3 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and jeep ownership so I thought I would wave (:wavey:) and share some pictures of my "new" 2002 TJ Wrangler X.

Here it is on the day I got it (before):
Attachment 73300

Here it is during the installation of the new top in my backyard:
Attachment 73292

Here it is after a new clutch, a good detailing, and the top installation (Pavement Ends Flip Top):
Attachment 73293

Got new tires on yesterday, will post pic soon. Got 31" Hankook Dynapro ATm's.

What next???????? What should I do???? :)

abader01 10-19-2011 05:42 PM

BTW, I am thinking a possible trailer hitch, a good fuel system cleaning, and bedlining the wheels.
Thoughts???

abader01 10-19-2011 05:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another pic. more to come...
Attachment 73301

fabrikate_it 10-19-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abader01 (Post 1673200)
BTW, I am thinking a possible trailer hitch, a good fuel system cleaning, and bedlining the wheels.
Thoughts???

sounds like a good plan, i think it would look killer if you could tape off the rivet heads and leave them silver. just a thought.

Garlandxj 10-19-2011 06:08 PM

SHHHHHHH!!! Don't say detailing! There are THOSE people out here in the forum who think washing the dirt off a Jeep is a hanging offense.

Wait at minute, wait just a gall darn minute! I am one of THOSE people!! Hurry fellow hypocritic Jeepers get the Tar and Feathers!!!

On a serious note: Good looking Jeep! Welcome to the family. As for a trailer hitch I would go for a good aftermarket rear bumper that has an integrated hitch and a swing away tire carrier.

DarthJeep 10-19-2011 06:11 PM

Nice Jeep. Welcome to WF.

abader01 10-20-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlandxj
SHHHHHHH!!! Don't say detailing! There are THOSE people out here in the forum who think washing the dirt off a Jeep is a hanging offense.

Wait at minute, wait just a gall darn minute! I am one of THOSE people!! Hurry fellow hypocritic Jeepers get the Tar and Feathers!!!

On a serious note: Good looking Jeep! Welcome to the family. As for a trailer hitch I would go for a good aftermarket rear bumper that has an integrated hitch and a swing away tire carrier.

Hahaha. That's awesome. Thanks for the welcome.

I am still in need of suggestions for relatively inexpensive mods.

Question: will a bumper mounted hitch give me the ability to tow anything? I've heard differing opinions around here...

Beechnut 10-20-2011 08:17 AM

I'm new so my jeep also has a exterior mod of Wax

SirGeorgeKillian 10-20-2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abader01

Hahaha. That's awesome. Thanks for the welcome.

I am still in need of suggestions for relatively inexpensive mods.

Question: will a bumper mounted hitch give me the ability to tow anything? I've heard differing opinions around here...

There is a thread of creative and inexpensive mods here in the TJ section. Im on my phone otherwise id link it. Some of the mods done there are easy, some are easy if you are a fabricater. But they are cool when you look at what can be done with a little good ol American ingenuity!

As for a bumper mounted hitch, those are ok to use on a Jeep, they will hold up to more than you should be pulling with a Jeep....

Irieblue 10-20-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabrikate_it

sounds like a good plan, i think it would look killer if you could tape off the rivet heads and leave them silver. just a thought.

I like that idea!

abader01 10-20-2011 11:32 AM

new picture and stereo question???
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here it is this morning with the new tires....
Attachment 73416

I was also wondering if anyone has upgraded their sound system while keeping the factory radio. I don't want to put an aftermarket head unit in there, and am trying to avoid wiring amps...

Has anyone had experience in simply upgrading the 4 speakers? I obviously won't buy super high end speakers since the factory stereo can't drive them, but mid-level aftermarket speakers. Anyone?

I did purchase the 4x6 to 5.25 dash speaker adapters just in case...

What do you y'all think?

abader01 10-20-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irieblue (Post 1675251)
I like that idea!

I like that idea too. any idea on innovative ways to avoid painting the rivet heads? I don't particularly want to spend the time to tape off 200 or so tiny rivets...
I would get sloppy at the end.

What about something like rubber cement, etc...?

fabrikate_it 10-20-2011 12:13 PM

I slapped cheap pioneer 2 way speakers in my dash I don't have a sounds bar yet but the sound is much better. As for the rivets you could always paint the whole thing and just remove the pain from the rivet heads with a q-tip and thinner


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.