Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Checking your vehicle status ends 11/12 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/checking-your-vehicle-status-ends-11-12-a-118867.html)

pat@fieldsauto.com 10-21-2011 05:29 PM

Checking your vehicle status ends 11/12
 
Due to recent inquiries regarding the level of detail the Vehicle Order Tracking System (VOTS) provides, the following is a clarification:

The consumer website, VOTS provides brief descriptions and images of eight production stages. The internal application, VinVision provides details regarding shipment destination ramps and yard holds (i.e. Ship to Storage JS 08/30/2011), these details are not provided in VOTS.

In some instances, unauthorized users were able to login to VinVision and data was leaked to customers. Starting November 12, access to users outside of the Chrysler organization/dealer network will be terminated. At that point, the application will be accessible for internal employees and dealers only.

kbwwolf 10-21-2011 05:58 PM

Wow, I think I might just squeak by.

Mine's in D1 now, supposed to be delivered around end of the month, though I'm aware that could change...

Many times. :D

Too bad a handful of morons had to ruin it for everybody else.

rkidd 10-21-2011 06:21 PM

I wasnt thrilled with it anyway. It went from production scheduled to shipment in one day and nothing in between. It doesnt matter because I should be getting my rubicon in about one week. Life is good.

AMangum 10-21-2011 06:22 PM

When you say VIN Vision, does that mean the Insight link everyone here has been using?

If so is there any reason that you can think of why they would not want to give customers that level of detail in order to track their progress?

It seems like a great tool to let people who are very excited about their purchase get updates without dumping that volume onto their 800 number. I cannot understand why they would choose to give their customers less information about the build process.

pat@fieldsauto.com 10-21-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMangum (Post 1680080)
When you say VIN Vision, does that mean the Insight link everyone here has been using?

If so is there any reason that you can think of why they would not want to give customers that level of detail in order to track their progress?

It seems like a great tool to let people who are very excited about their purchase get updates without dumping that volume onto their 800 number. I cannot understand why they would choose to give their customers less information about the build process.

Yes VinVision is the same as Insight. You'll have to have a login to access it. I think the reason they are shutting it down is because Chrysler now requires customer email addresses so they can keep the customer up to date on sold orders.

jonesy 10-21-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep (Post 1680103)
Yes VinVision is the same as Insight. You'll have to have a login to access it. I think the reason they are shutting it down is because Chrysler now requires customer email addresses so they can keep the customer up to date on sold orders.

Which is fine, but I gave Chrysler my email to sign up for the notification system, not a single update, not one. I have yet to get an answer about anything from my dealer, the only place I've seen anything is the 800 number and insight.

I guess it will just show up one day.

devicemanager 10-21-2011 06:36 PM

Once the vehicle is marked as shipped how long does it typically take to arrive at the dealership (in TX)?

OutlawJK 10-21-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep

Yes VinVision is the same as Insight. You'll have to have a login to access it. I think the reason they are shutting it down is because Chrysler now requires customer email addresses so they can keep the customer up to date on sold orders.

That should work great
I received an email last week from Chrysler that my jeep was shipped and I should be able to pick it up from my dealer this week. :(
I've been driving it for a month

pat@fieldsauto.com 10-21-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonesy (Post 1680139)
Which is fine, but I gave Chrysler my email to sign up for the notification system, not a single update, not one. I have yet to get an answer about anything from my dealer, the only place I've seen anything is the 800 number and insight.

I guess it will just show up one day.

Chrysler is making changes to that. Supposedly going to do a much better job of updating the customer as the build progresses.

pat@fieldsauto.com 10-21-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutlawJK (Post 1680143)
That should work great
I received an email last week from Chrysler that my jeep was shipped and I should be able to pick it up from my dealer this week. :(
I've been driving it for a month

It's not perfect yet, nor will it ever be, but I'm pretty sure they are making alot of changes to make it better.

The other side of it, when you order your Wrangler, make sure your salesperson or the manager is someone who will keep you up to date.

AMangum 10-21-2011 06:51 PM

Likewise. On my second order and not one notification at any point on the first or second order. The first order has been delivered to the dealer for two weeks now and still no notification. I would say it clearly does not work.

Sad that Chrysler is cutting everyone off when they have a great tool already in place that works and people find very valuable. I wonder what the real reason is.?

Probably some territorial power-tripping "C" level idiot that wouldn't know a good business decision if it bit him in the ass decided to punish the most loyal group of Jeep customers they have (us and other forum users) because he feels his toes were stepped on. I fail to see the harm this could cause. Oh well. C'est la vie.

kbwwolf 10-21-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutlawJK (Post 1680143)
That should work great
I received an email last week from Chrysler that my jeep was shipped and I should be able to pick it up from my dealer this week. :(
I've been driving it for a month


:thumb: Thank you Outlaw. Made my friggin day!

kbwwolf 10-21-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep (Post 1680149)
It's not perfect yet, nor will it ever be, but I'm pretty sure they are making alot of changes to make it better.
The other side of it, when you order your Wrangler, make sure your salesperson or the manager is someone who will keep you up to date.

I'm in the habit of "dropping in" on my salesman, since he's awful about returning calls, e-mails.

Pat, I think you should donate some DNA...I'm sure I speak for most members of this forum when I say that having a Pat clone in each dealership would be a Wrangler nirvana.

Robbo 10-21-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep (Post 1680103)
...Chrysler now requires customer email addresses so they can keep the customer up to date on sold orders.

LOL, I didn't get a single email update on my order. It was only thanks to Insight that I knew it had been built and shipped, and I knew that three full days before the dealer called to tell me it was on its way. I hope this means that from now on more dealers are actually going to USE the email addresses they get from customers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 1680228)
Pat, I think you should donate some DNA...I'm sure I speak for most members of this forum when I say that having a Pat clone in each dealership would be a Wrangler nirvana.

Yes, this, absolutely! :thumb:

NHRubi 10-21-2011 10:31 PM

This is BS - I've had a sold order in for 5 weeks now, my Rubicon is on a rail car somewhere in Ohio, and I've yet to receive a single email from Chrysler. Fortunately I live a mile from my dealership and can drop in whenever...

kbwwolf 10-21-2011 10:51 PM

This is the vision I have:

Legions of Wrangler owners converging on Chrysler dealerships with sleeping bags, Ziplocs of jerky & trail mix, and hand warmers.

Maybe pitchforks, too.

Ahh, I'll sleep well tonight.

azyjjk 10-22-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devicemanager (Post 1680140)
Once the vehicle is marked as shipped how long does it typically take to arrive at the dealership (in TX)?

My JKR was marked "shipped" on Oct. 6 and I still don't have it (Tucson, AZ). Chrysler did send me an email telling me it had been shipped. I called my dealer two days ago and asked for my salesman. He doesn't work there anymore. Got another salesman. He told me that it is probably in the railroad yard in Phoenix waiting to get enough to haul to the dealer here. I can see that, but it is also frustrating.

ladyjane 10-22-2011 12:51 PM

It is too bad they are going to block us from Insight. While it would be nice to pick a salesman with excellent customer service, that just isn't always possible. (Maybe because there are only a handful of salesmen like that?) I would have no idea about my order if not for Insight. I ordered 8/19 -- finally got a call a week or so ago. I had left messages, sent emails, etc. I knew from Insight it was D1, but it has now been D1 since 10/11.

If anything, it seems Chrysler would want to create a system that sends owners more information.

Oh, I have received ZERO emails from Chrysler.

ShaneDiddy 10-22-2011 02:07 PM

Yea that susks bad. I havent gotten any emails from chrysler for either of my orders...and my dealer was great for ordering and makung a deal...but horrible after that for updates....if I call he just says no updates yet......i usually am the one tellung him where it is and when it dhould be here cause he doesnt check....heck I even gave him my vin after calling the jeep number....i would have been stressing and lost without insight.

j.luis 10-22-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutlawJK (Post 1680143)
That should work great
I received an email last week from Chrysler that my jeep was shipped and I should be able to pick it up from my dealer this week. :(
I've been driving it for a month

same here, I had my jeep three weeks when I received an email stating that my jeep had been shipped and should be arriving at the dealership soon.
I took a look at the calendar, and notice it was not April fools day... I thought my jeep came with a bonus 2nd jeep.

BagerX2 10-22-2011 07:12 PM

Well I got two emails from Chrysler, had to call to get my vin. My VOTS doesn't work properly. My dealer hasn't called or emailed me any status . All I have to go on is insight so this news sucks.

foo.c 11-12-2011 07:15 AM

Insight is still working for me this morning. Doesn't show anything new since last night though.

adrenalin 11-14-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foo.c (Post 1739092)
Insight is still working for me this morning. Doesn't show anything new since last night though.

Same here. I can still access the info but not sure if it will show any updates at this point.

tomthbomb 11-14-2011 05:44 PM

Pat, luvyaman but Jeep gave me nothing during my wait. When I picked up my Jeep and told my sales guy I had been following it on insight he said it was because he gave Jeep my email address. I did not argue, I had a new Jeep waiting outside.
I am glad I got to follow the progress of my Jeep being built and shipped. It made me feel like I was a special customer like when I saw my name on the window sticker (I am having it laminated).
I am sales manager for a small national company and I know what makes customers happy. This ain't it.

pat@fieldsauto.com 11-14-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomthbomb (Post 1744728)
Pat, luvyaman but Jeep gave me nothing during my wait. When I picked up my Jeep and told my sales guy I had been following it on insight he said it was because he gave Jeep my email address. I did not argue, I had a new Jeep waiting outside.
I am glad I got to follow the progress of my Jeep being built and shipped. It made me feel like I was a special customer like when I saw my name on the window sticker (I am having it laminated).
I am sales manager for a small national company and I know what makes customers happy. This ain't it.

Like I said, it's not perfect yet. for those still waiting for there Jeep to be built keep using it while you can. I hope they get it corrected soon. But at the same time, I like being able to send the updates myself to my customers, it keeps me busy in the slow times of the day. Not that I have alot of free time, just ask Stroh, he's been waiting to talk to me for days now. I thought for sure he'd rip me a new one, but he was cool. I'll just be glad when he takes delivery of his new Jeep next week at our Sanford store.

stroh 11-15-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep (Post 1745143)
Not that I have alot of free time, just ask Stroh, he's been waiting to talk to me for days now. I thought for sure he'd rip me a new one, but he was cool. I'll just be glad when he takes delivery of his new Jeep next week at our Sanford store.

Not as glad as I'll be!! I understand that I'm not your only customer and sometimes you get busy. At least you are responsive and answer all my many nagging questions.

As far as VOTS goes, it sucks! I got one email from you when you first put in the order, never got the second email with the tracking information, or the being shipped to you email. If it wasn't for the forums here I wouldn't have even known about checking VOTS. VOTS showed Production Scheduled and then Shipment with no stops in between. I like being able to look at Insight and see all the different steps it takes to build and deliver a Jeep to a customer. If they could combine the two it would be a great system.

skihoser 11-21-2011 11:58 AM

So, maybe someone could post the link to Insight please. It may still be working for me???

Thanks

foo.c 11-21-2011 09:09 PM

I guess they finally took it down. I got this:

Dealer access is temporarily disabled due to security reasons. Please go to Dealer Connect to track vehicles.

jsb432 11-21-2011 10:24 PM

Looks like the party's over. Was working for me until sometime this afternoon/evening, now I get the security message. Boooooo. My dealer stinks, so it looks like I'll just have to wait around for the phone call (last Insight update this morning, the thing had been staged for shipment for the last 5 days, so maybe it's better that I don't know about the delays).

Mr. Chewbacca 11-21-2011 11:52 PM

So how long (ball park) does it take for a special order jeep to be delivered? I'm planning on ordering a dozer sahara with dual tops.

Am I looking at weeks or months?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.