Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Pennsylvania Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f97/)
-   -   Allentown/Reading Area (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f97/allentown-reading-area-119087.html)

2012Cosmos 10-23-2011 10:26 AM

Allentown/Reading Area

Looking to meet up with other Wrangler owners in the Lehigh Valley area. Located halfway between Allentown and Reading.

- Steve with a 2012 JKU S in Cosmos Blue

coreff15 10-24-2011 06:57 PM

I'm about 30 to 40 minutes away.

Rubiburst 10-27-2011 06:41 PM

I'm up in the Lehigh Valley so let me know when and I'll be there. :D

Shawn

aspohr89 12-29-2011 08:57 AM

Im from bethlehem and wanna do the same... so let me know

DeFazio 12-29-2011 09:08 AM

I believe I'm right across the border from you in nj. my grandparents have a farm in bloomsbury where I spend a good amount of time

aspohr89 12-29-2011 10:58 AM

im probably 15 mins from phillipsburg nj... im actually gettin some work done by OK4wd this coming week

Gryde717 01-01-2012 11:42 PM

North jersey here but 15 min from pa... Let me know how you like the work OK does.

burton160w 01-01-2012 11:56 PM

I live up in Stroudsburg but am definitely down for a meet, especially a Rousch trip. OK4WD does excellent work and has an excellent shop to walk through. The guys there definitely know there stuff, and the garage is clean and organized.

aspohr89 01-02-2012 09:34 AM

Ok4wd has easily been the best shop I've ever worked with. They know everything there is to know about jeeps. They've actually talked me out of spending more money than I needed to... Plus I send them emails alot asking about certain products and they respond very quickly In a language I can understand

Joshpeb2 01-02-2012 03:27 PM

I'm in Mertztown (right outside Topton) and I'm getting a pass for the Reading Anthracite properties up in Schuylkill county.

Joshpeb2 01-02-2012 03:31 PM

Where is Ok4wd?

aspohr89 01-02-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshpeb2
Where is Ok4wd?

I was just there today... If you take 22 into jersey from pa you get on 57 and its about 10, mins down the road on the right

Joshpeb2 01-02-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspohr89 (Post 1881863)
I was just there today... If you take 22 into jersey from pa you get on 57 and its about 10, mins down the road on the right

Cool, Thanks!

aspohr89 01-03-2012 09:43 AM

I bought a car from a guy in topton a few years back and pass it on the way to kutztown a few times a month.

And heres their site, that has the address in it

OK Auto, 4WD & Tire

aspohr89 01-03-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burton160w (Post 1879578)
I live up in Stroudsburg but am definitely down for a meet, especially a Rousch trip. OK4WD does excellent work and has an excellent shop to walk through. The guys there definitely know there stuff, and the garage is clean and organized.

I would love to meet up but i literally have no idea where good trails are or anything like that

Gryde717 01-03-2012 12:41 PM

I'm completely stock right now but if you can all take it easy in me I'd love to do some trails

aspohr89 01-03-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gryde717
I'm completely stock right now but if you can all take it easy in me I'd love to do some trails

Im a rookie even it comes to off road too, no worries

Joshpeb2 01-04-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspohr89 (Post 1883400)
I bought a car from a guy in topton a few years back and pass it on the way to kutztown a few times a month.

And heres their site, that has the address in it

OK Auto, 4WD & Tire

Cool, thanks man! Looks like I may buy my lift through them since it's not that far of a drive for me. I have a friend of mine that I went to college with that owns Richard's drive in up in Forks Twsp. I can kill two birds with one trip. I'll keep you in mind if I get to do any wheelin and send you details if you wanna go sometime. I'm gonna be picking up an access permit for Reading Anthracite up in schuylkill county.

aspohr89 01-04-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Cool, thanks man! Looks like I may buy my lift through them since it's not that far of a drive for me. I have a friend of mine that I went to college with that owns Richard's drive in up in Forks Twsp. I can kill two birds with one trip. I'll keep you in mind if I get to do any wheelin and send you details if you wanna go sometime. I'm gonna be picking up an access permit for Reading Anthracite up in schuylkill county.

If you go with them talk to matt, hes a great guy and knows his stuff. Ill only take my jeep there

Joshpeb2 01-04-2012 05:06 PM

I'll do the install work myself. I wrench for a living and I have access to our shop 24/7. Their prices seem pretty good in comparison with other sites I've looked at and I wouldn't have to pay any shipping. The only work ever done to my jeep that was not done by me was my alignment and an axle seal that they managed to screw up at the dealership when I first bought it. I wasn't gonna fix something myself that should have been done at the dealership in the first place. We don't work weekends so I usually go in on a Saturday or Sunday to work on my own stuff.

Gryde717 01-04-2012 10:45 PM

Where is your shop and would you consider helping a fellow jeeper learn what he's got? I wanted to install my own lift but didn't know where to start.

aspohr89 01-05-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshpeb2 (Post 1888161)
I'll do the install work myself. I wrench for a living and I have access to our shop 24/7. Their prices seem pretty good in comparison with other sites I've looked at and I wouldn't have to pay any shipping. The only work ever done to my jeep that was not done by me was my alignment and an axle seal that they managed to screw up at the dealership when I first bought it. I wasn't gonna fix something myself that should have been done at the dealership in the first place. We don't work weekends so I usually go in on a Saturday or Sunday to work on my own stuff.

4wd.com offers free shipping a lot. as far as pricing goes im not sure if they are competative or not. but i figured id throw it out there

Joshpeb2 01-05-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gryde717 (Post 1889479)
Where is your shop and would you consider helping a fellow jeeper learn what he's got? I wanted to install my own lift but didn't know where to start.

Reading area

Joshpeb2 01-05-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspohr89 (Post 1890397)
4wd.com offers free shipping a lot. as far as pricing goes im not sure if they are competative or not. but i figured id throw it out there

I'm too impatient to wait for shipping. I haven't seen my buddy in awhile so I would probably stop in at his restaraunt for lunch and then head over to OK4wd since it's on the way. I like to be able to actually see the stuff in person before I buy too. Wasted alot of $$ over the years on motorcycle parts and other car parts that looked great in catalogs or websites only to be disappointed when they arrived. Just got my vacation time back for this year as of 1/1 so I may take a day off and run out there in a week or so.

aspohr89 01-06-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

I'm too impatient to wait for shipping. I haven't seen my buddy in awhile so I would probably stop in at his restaraunt for lunch and then head over to OK4wd since it's on the way. I like to be able to actually see the stuff in person before I buy too. Wasted alot of $$ over the years on motorcycle parts and other car parts that looked great in catalogs or websites only to be disappointed when they arrived. Just got my vacation time back for this year as of 1/1 so I may take a day off and run out there in a week or so.

Yeah shipping sucks. And OK seems to have a lot of good shit in stock too, I've never asked for something they didn't have... Oh and if its not on their site they may still have it

jeepff 02-09-2012 06:41 PM

whats going on guys?? im nick im new to the jeep world been a fan of jeeps and never had one till now just ordered a 2012 JKU Rubicon Orange Crush ill have in 4 weeks. like to touch base with other jeepers around to learn the ropes and maybe hit some trails and just general bull feel free to hit me up any time take it easy Nick

speedballin 02-09-2012 10:58 PM

Hey I'm Ryan from boyertown just totaled my 95 Cherokee and contemplating a wrangler so joined here

coreff15 02-12-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedballin (Post 2012911)
Hey I'm Ryan from boyertown just totaled my 95 Cherokee and contemplating a wrangler so joined here

How did you total your Cherokee?

Does anyone know wheeling up in the Skook on the Reading Property is? I have only road dirt bikes and 4 wheelers up there and that was about 4 years ago. How much is the permit now?

Joshpeb2 02-13-2012 05:39 PM

$125 for the usage permit which covers your vehicle and you. Anybody with you must also have a permit. Access Permits - Reading Anthracite Coal They will give you a map of the property if you ask and I'm pretty sure it allows you to use all properties owned by them that are not actively being mined. I'll be up there this spring/summer on weekends when I'm not out on the boat.

TJ-chopper 02-14-2012 06:42 PM

Hello I just joined this site, been jeepin for a few years now. myself and my 2 son's have jeeps plus I have about 12 or 13 YJ's here that we are going to work on and sell.
I'm just 3 miles from Cabela's in Hamburg, we make custom bumpers and stingers and anything people need made for thier jeeps, plus install lifts and what ever you want. We need to get togther and go wheelin some time. :thumb: