Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Pennsylvania Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f97/)
-   -   Pine Barrens Trip Saturday November 26 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f97/pine-barrens-trip-saturday-november-26-a-119145.html)

BeginnersLuck 10-23-2011 04:30 PM

Pine Barrens Trip Saturday November 26

Hey all,
I am trying to set something up for the Saturday after Thanksgiving, the 26th, at the pine barrens. I should have my soa done by then and with any luck, some new hoops. Probably go in at Batsto. Let me know if your interested, the more people, the better. We can work out the details as we get closer, just wanted to throw this out there now.

jadampowell 10-23-2011 09:26 PM

Yes I am interested....just an fyi jeff daniels is sponsering a Rausch Creek Jeep only ride on 11/12.....I went last year and its a good time I'm waiting on my co-pilot to see if I'm going this year

ryanJKunlimited2012 11-01-2011 10:04 AM

I just bought my first Jeep, JKU Sahara. Do I need anything to run through the Pine Barrens or will a stock set up work?

BeginnersLuck 11-01-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanJKunlimited2012
I just bought my first Jeep, JKU Sahara. Do I need anything to run through the Pine Barrens or will a stock set up work?

I only been out there twice. My YJ was stock when I went. (Keep an eye for my build thread this weekend!)
I did ok. Most of the water hazards have trails that go around them. Its a great time out there and there is so much to do. You would be ok going in stock.

jadampowell 11-02-2011 08:03 AM

Stock is okay x2 about the optional trails to avoid the water hazzards. Don't go alone you will get stuck and make sure you have some type of recovery equipment betwee you and who ever else goes.

jasonduke5 11-02-2011 10:39 AM

where is Pine Barrens.

Deputydog35 11-02-2011 10:56 AM

Hey guys! I'm heading to the Pine Barrens this weekend 11/05/2011... I don't really want to go by myself... Anyone want to meet up?

Let me know...

Mark

Deputydog35 11-02-2011 11:11 AM

I'm in for the 26th... Just drop me a line if this is a go...

Mark
deputydog35@gmail.com

BeginnersLuck 11-12-2011 06:04 PM

bump.. Still on, Got my lift on, just working out the bugs. Cant wait to get out there.. anyone else joining in?

jadampowell 11-12-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeginnersLuck (Post 1740180)
bump.. Still on, Got my lift on, just working out the bugs. Cant wait to get out there.. anyone else joining in?

I'm still in.:wavey:

where do u plan on going in at

BeginnersLuck 11-12-2011 07:18 PM

Probably go in at batsto. Unless you know better... I've only been there a few times

jadampowell 11-13-2011 08:27 AM

last week was the first time I've been there since the 90's, we went in off of 206 by the fire tower....i guess we could hook up around here somewhere and then i'd follow u over

BeginnersLuck 11-13-2011 03:55 PM

We could meet up near here. I few others are coming from this side of the bridge and we could probably meet up on philly somewhere.

Zip 11-13-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeginnersLuck (Post 1741976)
We could meet up near here. I few others are coming from this side of the bridge and we could probably meet up on philly somewhere.

Ive never been either.....what bridge from Philly? looks like either the Tacony or Betsy

jadampowell 11-13-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip (Post 1742401)
Ive never been either.....what bridge from Philly? looks like either the Tacony or Betsy

not sure what bridge would be best i guess we'll lock down a location as it gets closer

BeginnersLuck 11-13-2011 08:25 PM

I just ran across a thread for a bunch if people going that same day. Im thinking we will meet up with them around 10 or 11 at the piccalilli inn. In shamong. They got a whole ride mapped out and it seems pretty good.

Where's everyone coming from? Maybe we can meet at a central point and go from there...

Deputydog35 11-13-2011 10:02 PM

Hey guys Mark from Hatboro here... I'm in! I'll be bringing my family if that's cool???

Deputydog35 11-13-2011 10:03 PM

What group are those guys with?

Zip 11-13-2011 10:12 PM

Mark, you ever been to Pines?

Zip 11-13-2011 10:27 PM

Just mentioning this as a possible meeting point for trip to Pines....Knights & Woodhaven, Dunkin Donuts.....Pick up 95 South toward Betsy Ross Bridge. After a very large coffee for the road, of course. Or someplace further south to accommodate more people. Lets get some feedback to see whats good.

BeginnersLuck 11-14-2011 06:32 AM

Knights and woodhaven would work for me. No too far, I am in Abington near Willow grove. Probably have to meet up around 8:45 or 9

BeginnersLuck 11-14-2011 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deputydog35 (Post 1742879)
Hey guys Mark from Hatboro here... I'm in! I'll be bringing my family if that's cool???

Go right ahead! I am bringing the Mrs. but thats it. I dont think my kids could handle a trip like this. I have hgad them out there before but they only lasted maybe an hour then they were ready to go. They are young still so in the future I am sure they will want to go.

ryanJKunlimited2012 11-15-2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeginnersLuck (Post 1743260)
Go right ahead! I am bringing the Mrs. but thats it. I dont think my kids could handle a trip like this. I have hgad them out there before but they only lasted maybe an hour then they were ready to go. They are young still so in the future I am sure they will want to go.

My 14 year old daughter is interested in coming. How long do we spend on the trails?

BeginnersLuck 11-15-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanJKunlimited2012

My 14 year old daughter is interested in coming. How long do we spend on the trails?

Probably out for atleast 4 or 5 hours

jadampowell 11-15-2011 01:51 PM

I'll probably met at the pic-a-lilly as I live in southampton and take the turnpike to 206 and then 206 south to the inn,,,,,,,i usuallt take a cooler with some sandwhiches and drinks also some times people go to the pic-a-lilly afterwards.....i went a couple weeks ago and met a bunch of jersey guys, mark (deputy dog) was the too....we met around 11 by the time we startedit was noonish and we were done by 430

Zip 11-15-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadampowell (Post 1746952)
I'll probably met at the pic-a-lilly as I live in southampton and take the turnpike to 206 and then 206 south to the inn,,,,,,,i usuallt take a cooler with some sandwhiches and drinks also some times people go to the pic-a-lilly afterwards.....i went a couple weeks ago and met a bunch of jersey guys, mark (deputy dog) was the too....we met around 11 by the time we startedit was noonish and we were done by 430

Have u ever taken another route? This is probably better than 95. Im gonna look into your route

ryanJKunlimited2012 11-15-2011 08:38 PM

Thanks for the info. Just found out my lift will be completed by next week. Looking forward to my first experience in the Pine Barrens.

Will continue to monitor this thread as the date gets closer for meeting spot and time. I am just outside Philly, near Flourtown Montgomery County.

BeginnersLuck 11-15-2011 10:10 PM

Looks like the dunkin donuts at knights and woodhaven in ne philly is the meeting spot. Around 8:30. From there we will head to the picalilly inn. Meeting a bunch of people there around 10.

thejackcutts 11-16-2011 08:51 AM

Hey all, not trying to hijack your thread, Im the one who was gonna do that ride in the pines as well in the Jersey section. It was originally gonna be small but interest has grown and thats great! My plan was to Meet at the Pic-a-lilli inn at around 10 to 11 and get on the trail as soon as everyone gets there. i planned on running to carranza memorial, Apple pie hill (awesome views, camera is good), Speedwell, and Batsto Village, then running through quaker bridge area. It should be fun, the more the merrier. All are welcome, I'm bringing my friends too. Im trying to make this thing very informal, hoping that everyone is good with that.
ok, hope to see some of you there! have a good one!

BeginnersLuck 11-16-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejackcutts (Post 1749277)
Hey all, not trying to hijack your thread, Im the one who was gonna do that ride in the pines as well in the Jersey section. It was originally gonna be small but interest has grown and thats great! My plan was to Meet at the Pic-a-lilli inn at around 10 to 11 and get on the trail as soon as everyone gets there. i planned on running to carranza memorial, Apple pie hill (awesome views, camera is good), Speedwell, and Batsto Village, then running through quaker bridge area. It should be fun, the more the merrier. All are welcome, I'm bringing my friends too. Im trying to make this thing very informal, hoping that everyone is good with that.
ok, hope to see some of you there! have a good one!

I think we ar emeeting over here and then meeting you at the Pic-a-lilli Inn. Should be a good time. I have been gaining more interest lately as well over here. I think we are going to have a good turnout all together. Can't wait to gewt out on the trail. See you then!