Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Pro comp stage 2 lift kit anyone?

3K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  jjseel 
#1 ·
Ok, been doing alot of reading and need a little advice on lifts. Does anyone have the pro comp stage 2 4" lift kit? Is it a decent kit? JC whitney has it for 899.00 right now with shocks and seems like a pretty good deal. My other choice is possibly the rubicon express 3.5" kit. I've only heard good things about this kit, but it is the more expensive of the two. Also will I be able to clear 33x12.50s with it? And do I have to run an sye? (pro comp kit comes with tc drop bracket.) I'll probably never do any crawling just a little mud at the hunting camp or pipeline. thanks in advance for everyones infinate wisdom.:punk:

#2 ·
I don't have the ProComp kit but I do have the Rubicon Express kit, the SuperFlex. I love it. There are a few other guys on here that have the same RE kit... but I think there is one guy named ChadP that has the ProComp kit.

3.5-4" is perfect for 33's. I'm running 32's and have plenty of clearance.

#4 ·
I went a head an installed an SYE. I didn't want my skid plate hanging down any more than it already does. :D

I'm sure if I had installed a t-case drop the drive line vibes would have went away... and the rear upper adjustable control arms helped as well.

#6 ·
Well - let me confuse you a bit more. :d

A lot of other people that are wanting to run 33" tires have opted for a Full-Traction 3" Economy lift... and with shocks, its ~$630. Although its only 3" you can add a 1" body lift and 1" motor mount lift for that extra clearance insurance. So your looking at under $800 for all of that.

#8 ·
Not to be a puss. but to be honest, my jeep sees less action than my truck. ( 06 dodge hemi 4wd with 6") I know I'll be keeping my jeep for a long time and it's my favorite ride. It will see more highway miles than anything, but it will go offroad occaisionally so I want a good ride that can take some abuse and not squeak and sag.

#9 ·
All coil springs are going to sag at some point, some more than others, but the ones that I've seen to sag the lest are the Rubicon Express springs. My 3.5" set me at 4.25" taller and will probably sag down to 3.75". As for the ride, its stiff, but I like it.

#12 ·
I have the jks 1.25" bl, jks 1" mml, pro comp bb 2", run 33's, have no squeeks.
One of these days, I will go to a "real" lift, prolly 3", but my rig did just great on the rocks at the Texas Spur (fall) Jamboree. No damage, no slippage, no turnouts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.