Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   WINTER CHILL, BLACK FOREST GREEN and GECKO (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/winter-chill-black-forest-green-and-gecko-119372.html)

bodog20 10-24-2011 09:11 PM

WINTER CHILL, BLACK FOREST GREEN and GECKO

WINTER CHILL BF GREEN AND GECKO are posted on Jeep Canada website for your viewing pleasure.....Got my fingers crossed that Winter Chill will be offered in USA w/o artic package.......

panthermark 10-24-2011 09:50 PM

Very nice...

DetonatorX 10-24-2011 10:13 PM

I'm really disappointed that Jeep Wranglers are now beginning to look more and more like H2's. I like the two-tone color affect of having a different color hardtop/softtop and fenders. I much prefer the look of my 2-dr with black top and black fenders. If it was painted all one color, I think I would look like a school bus.

ShaneDiddy 10-24-2011 10:24 PM

I like the BFG....dont care for the other 2 colors at all.

panthermark 10-24-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetonatorX (Post 1688335)
I'm really disappointed that Jeep Wranglers are now beginning to look more and more like H2's. I like the two-tone color affect of having a different color hardtop/softtop and fenders. I much prefer the look of my 2-dr with black top and black fenders. If it was painted all one color, I think I would look like a school bus.

I think it depends on the color...

I think Sahara Tan looks good in all tan...especially on a 4 door...where it has a very military appeal to it. But I think something like Dozer in one solid color would be way too much.

Still not sure how I feel about Black Forest Green. I really have to see that in person.

recreate.me 10-24-2011 11:13 PM

The canadian website also lists a "Deep Molten Red Pearlcoat" but doesnt show a picture. I havent heard that discussed on here before!

Looks like plumb to me though...

j0nx 10-25-2011 06:24 AM

Taste the rainbow...

kjeeper10 10-25-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetonatorX

Hehe

jsmrgn21 10-25-2011 04:19 PM

Love the Winter Chill...Not so sure about the BFG...??? Still hoping for a release on the Winter Chill not including the Artic Package. Thanks for the photos!

Officer Gonzalez 10-25-2011 04:55 PM

Maybe it's just me but the interiors of the new jk's are starting to look like rangerovers example leather seats, heated seats, power windows, power seats, power door locks, dashboards with fancy gizmos flashy lights. what's next? Heated airbags, leather tires, cameras around the jeep to get a 360* view when offroading like the LR4 so the owner won't scratch they're 80k vehicle maybe I'm used to my power nothing Rubi with scratches mud dirt and war scars any input on my opinions from fellow jeepers?

panthermark 10-25-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Officer Gonzalez (Post 1690400)
Maybe it's just me but the interiors of the new jk's are starting to look like rangerovers example leather seats, heated seats, power windows, power seats, power door locks, dashboards with fancy gizmos flashy lights. what's next? Heated airbags, leather tires, cameras around the jeep to get a 360* view when offroading like the LR4 so the owner won't scratch they're 80k vehicle maybe I'm used to my power nothing Rubi with scratches mud dirt and war scars any input on my opinions from fellow jeepers?

They are far from Range Rover quality....
But the are far less spartan....

Luckily, for those that want it....you can still get a base Sport or Rubi with cloth seats and half doors with windows that crank by hand. But for Jeep to survive, at had to increase its market share...and the market wants their +$30,000 vehicle to have fairly common items like power windows and door lock and stuff. :flowers:

rivershark2005 10-25-2011 05:14 PM

You know, in the 2012 Wrangler booklet, Gecko looks alot lighter than it looks in that picture. I was going to order Gecko site unseen (more than likely), but now I don't know. BFG does look good, though, if it's really that color. I know it's supposed to look black under some conditions, but I like that darkness to it.

Of course, these are just artist renderings done in photoshop (or some other photo editting software). They only get as close as they can, doesn't neccessarily represent the TRUE color.

panthermark 10-25-2011 05:29 PM

This makes me want to scream....
There are two different pics on the Canadian site....

One pic is where you can spin the Jeep around....the pic is where you can change the color, background, and wheels.

The problem is that those the colors are NOTHING alike between the two pics.
On this page, BFG looks black, and Winter Chill looks white:

Jeep Wrangler in Canada - jeep.ca

But on this page, the colors are much, much, much lighter.

Jeep Wrangler Sport in Canada - jeep.ca

jsmrgn21 10-25-2011 05:45 PM

:p
Quote:

Originally Posted by panthermark (Post 1690477)

One pic is where you can spin the Jeep around....the pic is where you can change the color, background, and wheels.

:p I'm in love

Rabblerouser 10-25-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rivershark2005 (Post 1690442)
You know, in the 2012 Wrangler booklet, Gecko looks alot lighter than it looks in that picture. I was going to order Gecko site unseen (more than likely), but now I don't know. BFG does look good, though, if it's really that color. I know it's supposed to look black under some conditions, but I like that darkness to it.

Of course, these are just artist renderings done in photoshop (or some other photo editting software). They only get as close as they can, doesn't neccessarily represent the TRUE color.

These shades are a little off, but these colors are all like dozr where it depends on the lighting. I am thinking Gecko is the exact same green as on the dodge challenger, like header and crush, and I saw it the other day. It was sharp,and deeper than this photo, but of course, anyone who has ever dealt cars can't buy anything green.

Rabblerouser 10-25-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panthermark (Post 1690477)

Yeah but, look how screwy cosmos looks (more so than normal). Maybe the angle of the sun in Canada is affecting the pictures.

CrazyBull 10-25-2011 06:08 PM

Photoshop colors. I've seen the color brochure from the dealer and those pics don't come close. Even the 2012 brochure is photoshopped so you do not get a TRUE color perspective. You just gotta wait for a real photo.

I wanted the Gecko but didn't want to wait until Jan for it to be released. On the color wheel its an amazing bright lime green. Would be bang on perfect if it was a pearl but due to the Japanese reactor blowup we won't see much of the pearl flecks for a while and are reduced to "skittles" colors. The BFG is so damn dark its almost black. The pic above doesn't do it justice..kinda makes it look like Diaper Poo Black.. You know..where you look and hand the kid to your wife and go "uh huh...it ain't happenin"
Winter Chill is off also. Think silver fleck with a pale blue tone to it. And you know its photoshopped because its the same bloody jeep as the one in the gecko pdf. lol

Patience..be patient.

Rabblerouser 10-25-2011 07:24 PM

There will be winter chill hitting dealers within the week. Somebody will get pictures. But as long as they are photoshopping they should trim up the rear end, shorten the nose and give it fuller front fenders.