Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ Build Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f330/)
-   -   Where is the Engine casting # on a Jeep (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f330/where-is-the-engine-casting-on-a-jeep-119504.html)

goomba91 10-25-2011 05:12 PM

Where is the Engine casting # on a Jeep

Hello,
URGENT help needed please!? Where is the engine casting number located on a Mopar block? The Jeep is a 1991 but we have just figured out that the engine had been swapped before we purchased it. Now we have no Idea of what year the engine is! I was advised by another forum the following:

"Take a look at your block on the passenger side right near the distributor. There should be a tag welded on with a 6 digit casting 'code'".

I went over the whole block and found these numbers on the block right near the Distributor as as suggested. The only number in that area of the block is: 107MX03 this is seven digits!! I am starting to think that it's not even a jeep engine?

Please advise!

Respectfully,

goomba91:banghead:

mdarnell 10-25-2011 08:50 PM

I have a 94 wrangler with a 2.5L in it. I found my casting number on the passanger side below the distrubtor towards the fire wall. Mine was stamped into the block and it's an 8 digit number. There was also a number right above it that had letters in it and it was also an 8 digit number which should be the serial number I believe. Let me know if you find any other numbers and I will see if I can help any. Hope this helps.

mdarnell 10-28-2011 12:34 PM

Did you ever find the casting numbers?

goomba91 10-29-2011 09:55 AM

Found Them

Unfortunately I found out that my engine is from a 91-95 Cherokee Thanks for all your help and concern

goomba91 10-29-2011 03:39 PM

Does anybody know?/FYI

I called Crysler/Dodge corporate and the closest they could get me to the year was 91-95. I know that the engine's parts for the most part will enterchange 91-95. But I am finding out part by part. Allthough I will tell you all that the Distributor does not always interchange. I purchased one for a 1991 and low and behold it would not even try to fit. I had to buy one from a different manufactuer and run a micrometer over it and compare to the original Dist. to get the right size.

1. Lesson learned: When purchasing a used vehicle in the future match the cast number to the VIN!

Question 1. Can anybody get me closer running down the year? The cast number is: 53008405:surrender:.

matrix311 05-05-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goomba91 (Post 1702782)
I called Crysler/Dodge corporate and the closest they could get me to the year was 91-95. I know that the engine's parts for the most part will enterchange 91-95. But I am finding out part by part. Allthough I will tell you all that the Distributor does not always interchange. I purchased one for a 1991 and low and behold it would not even try to fit. I had to buy one from a different manufactuer and run a micrometer over it and compare to the original Dist. to get the right size.

1. Lesson learned: When purchasing a used vehicle in the future match the cast number to the VIN!

Question 1. Can anybody get me closer running down the year? The cast number is: 53008405:surrender:.

did you ever figure this out what year your engine is?