Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Louisiana Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f67/)
-   -   Central Louisiana Jeep Club? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f67/central-louisiana-jeep-club-120238.html)

Scottie Daddy 10-30-2011 12:08 AM

Central Louisiana Jeep Club?

Alright guys, and gals, I think we need to start us a Jeep club. If we just started off simple; hook up once a month or so and meet, talk, play, eat, drink, whatever, I think it can really start to pick up and become a really nice thing. I need some people who would be interested in joining such a club, then we need to vote on a name or something, then plan a meet.

Well?

I think something catchy, maybe even corny, could be like Cenla Jeeps. We could add more words to the club name, like Cenla Jeeps Unlimited Incorporated, or make it sound cool like Hardcore Cenla Jeeps Xtreme, but I think something simple like Cenla Jeeps is just fine. Or even captial L so it is like CenLa Jeeps, that way it shows we are Central Louisiana Jeeps (no one outside of this area knows what Cenla is!)

So, let's begin the forming process, eh? :thumb:

Scottie Daddy 10-30-2011 12:12 AM

Just thought of this, we could have a facebook page to help schedule meets and stay connected as well :D

Scottie Daddy 11-02-2011 11:01 PM

Checking in a couple days later... what? 33 views and not 1 reply?

No one interested in a Central Louisiana Jeep Club?

CMFD 11-05-2011 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottie Daddy
Alright guys, and gals, I think we need to start us a Jeep club. If we just started off simple; hook up once a month or so and meet, talk, play, eat, drink, whatever, I think it can really start to pick up and become a really nice thing. I need some people who would be interested in joining such a club, then we need to vote on a name or something, then plan a meet.

Well?

I think something catchy, maybe even corny, could be like Cenla Jeeps. We could add more words to the club name, like Cenla Jeeps Unlimited Incorporated, or make it sound cool like Hardcore Cenla Jeeps Xtreme, but I think something simple like Cenla Jeeps is just fine. Or even captial L so it is like CenLa Jeeps, that way it shows we are Central Louisiana Jeeps (no one outside of this area knows what Cenla is!)

I would be but I'm in Hammond..

Scottie Daddy 11-06-2011 01:17 AM

Well, we need a club anyways, so you're in. So far we have 2 members now, lol.

wranglertj01 11-06-2011 08:37 AM

I'd like to join

Scottie Daddy 11-07-2011 12:41 AM

And you're in. :)

CMFD 11-07-2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottie Daddy
And you're in. :)

I'm in

Proud Rebel 11-07-2011 01:14 AM

I'm in La4X4 off road club, it's mostly Jeeps but we do get the Fjs' and some of the Chevy s-10 pickups. Would it matter much if I was to join this one as well? :wavey:

wranglertj01 11-07-2011 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proud Rebel
I'm in La4X4 off road club, it's mostly Jeeps but we do get the Fjs' and some of the Chevy s-10 pickups. Would it matter much if I was to join this one as well? :wavey:

Where are they located

Scottie Daddy 11-07-2011 12:22 PM

Everyone is welcome to join! Where is this La4x4 club located?

Mahoo 11-27-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottie Daddy (Post 1704111)

Well?

Scottie, PM me any ideas that you may have. I would be happy to help set something up for local Jeepers.

Scottie Daddy 11-28-2011 12:09 AM

Well, right now I am just seeing if there is any interest. We get a good little crew of people together, I'd suggest we can all meet up somewhere, peraps BBQ and talk about each others Jeeps, and go from there.

JeepLife1 11-28-2011 09:27 PM

I live in mandeville and Nola during the week I'm really trying to find somewhere to ride and have been for a really long time and suggestions

Alpinehyperlite 11-29-2011 04:12 AM

I'm down. I live in Baton Rouge, just got a 2012 jku and am looking for places to ride, and other jeep owners to meet up with.

Cajunjay21 12-05-2011 10:07 PM

Scottie, I live down the road in Pineville. I'll meet up every now and then! Jay

Scottie Daddy 12-05-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajunjay21 (Post 1802635)
Scottie, I live down the road in Pineville. I'll meet up every now and then! Jay

Where in Pineville are you? I know the whole area really good.

Cajunjay21 12-05-2011 11:05 PM

Sweetwater Rim... First left off of Susek.

Nicoya 01-09-2012 04:47 PM

Metairie here! i'm trying to find places to ride any suggestion?
Let's ride

swamprat70785 01-10-2012 02:13 AM

Im near Baton Rouge... looking for places to ride with some other jeeps.

Renegade9040 10-21-2012 07:40 PM

Hometowns Denham springs. Stationed in Jax, Fl with the navy right now. But I hop home every once in a while. I'd love to be in.

Frshmt 10-22-2012 10:27 AM

You guys should check out the local forum to keep up with the clubs and rides in the area…
I don't know of a specific club in the CenLa area, but if I can help get anything going just give me a shout.

Google "Louisiana Offroad" for the local board; if you get a club going it's easy to get a private club area set up. It wouldn't take the place of this board for your tech and such, but it's great for keeping up with other locals.

archerdan 10-22-2012 07:25 PM

Picking up jeep I ordered this week. I'm in St. Francisville so please consider this "outsider" for membership.

Skipper12 10-27-2012 11:21 PM

Like FRSHMT said check the local board we just had a night ride near Greensburg. I live in Denham Springs would also be interested in the new club. I think there are a lot of jeepers going to Sicily Island on Nov. 10 to do some riding.

Scottie Daddy 10-28-2012 08:51 AM

Nice. I'll check it out!

Eichster 05-17-2013 11:41 AM

Did this ever take off? I'm here in pineville actually Im across the road from CajunJay21.

I'm in.

97TJ Nick 05-17-2013 02:36 PM

I'm wondering if this took off as well. I'm in Ball and would like to be a part of this!

Scottie Daddy 06-01-2013 12:02 AM

All are welcome to join!

I started this thread about a year and a half ago... and it definitely seems like it has picked up some momentum. So I am going to go ahead and call it CenLa Jeeps and 4x4 (I guess. Any other ideas are welcome); anyone with a Jeep is welcome to join! And I am sure it would expand to other non-Jeep owners as well.

I am right outside of Ball, in the outskirts of Pollock about half a mile from the Rapides/Grant Parish line. So, lets get some ideas on a meet and ride in the next couple of weeks. I am kinda looking at the weekend of June 15th. Does that Saturday sound good to everyone who can make it?

We can push the date back further if we need a better notice. And we can all meet at the Pineville Walmart parking lot (open and easy to find meeting place)

Well?

97TJ Nick 06-02-2013 12:29 AM

That sounds great! I'll check what I have on my calendar that weekend. Where would we ride?

My dad has a CJ-7 and my brother has a JK, I'm sure they would be interested as well.

Eichster 06-03-2013 07:48 AM

I think Im free around the 15th but will need to check also. What do you have in mind? Sounds like some fun to be had.