Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   How do I use Insight to follow my build? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/how-do-i-use-insight-to-follow-my-build-122079.html)

FirstTimeJeeper 11-10-2011 12:50 PM

How do I use Insight to follow my build?
 
I am able to log into VOTS but how do I use Insight? Thanks for the help!

Up Hill Bill 11-10-2011 01:53 PM

Insight access for all but dealers is being shut down day after tomorrow, according to Pat@fieldsjeep, so no need to look further into it.

You're going to have to bug your salesman/dealership to get updates.

FirstTimeJeeper 11-10-2011 01:56 PM

yeah I've been hearing about that. the only saving grace to that is that I wont spend every 5 minutes checking for updates :banghead:

kbwwolf 11-10-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstTimeJeeper (Post 1734911)
I am able to log into VOTS but how do I use Insight? Thanks for the help!

Only 2 more days, like Up Hill said, but if you want to check today, go here:


http://www.ndskins.com/vincreate.htm


Plug in your VIN, and follow the directions.

Good luck! :thumb:

FirstTimeJeeper 11-10-2011 03:07 PM

thanks KB - i'll just have to learn to be patient....IS MY JEEP BUILT YET?! :D hahaha this is going to be a long next few weeks!

kbwwolf 11-10-2011 03:12 PM

I only checked mine twice, I think. Both times VOTS and InSight disagreed on where my Jeep was in the build process, so I blew them off.

Just for kicks, however, I just plugged my VIN into InSight. Says my Jeep's ETA at the dealer is 11/11.

I picked it up Monday. :D

FirstTimeJeeper 11-11-2011 10:52 AM

when i use insight, it says it cant find a vehicle associated to my vin....VOTS has it and shows that production is scheduled. i called into Jeep's customer service and the lady I spoke to told me the estimated deliver date is Nov. 21. personally i think that would be ridiculously fast (3 weeks from order date) so I'm expecing more like early december. anything quicker would just be icing on the cake.

kbwwolf 11-11-2011 10:59 AM

It varies wildly. There are folks on the forum who ordered theirs after me, and got them weeks earlier; and people who ordered long before me, and still don't have their Jeeps.

Hopefully you'll get an early Christmas present. :thumb:

FirstTimeJeeper 11-11-2011 12:26 PM

that would be fantastic! it has seemed though from what i've seen as far as delivery times go that the color plays into it some. i'm hoping that with black, it'll be a quick process

kbwwolf 11-11-2011 02:13 PM

Mine was black. 4-5 weeks for me. :thumb:

FirstTimeJeeper 11-11-2011 02:28 PM

niiiice

GunnerF16 11-14-2011 12:16 PM

Has anyone tried Insight recently? VOTS is not showing any changes in my build. Does Insight need the full VIN or can you use the last 8 that VOTS sends?

Thanks,
Dave

verdugan 11-14-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunnerF16 (Post 1743782)
Has anyone tried Insight recently? VOTS is not showing any changes in my build. Does Insight need the full VIN or can you use the last 8 that VOTS sends?

Thanks,
Dave

Insight needs the full VIN. Call Jeep's customer service and they can give it to you. I only had the last 8, but they gave me the full VIN.

1-877-426-5337
(877-IAM-JEEP)
M-F 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM ET
SAT 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET

tomthbomb 11-14-2011 04:34 PM

ndrugby?

kbwwolf 11-14-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunnerF16 (Post 1743782)
Has anyone tried Insight recently? VOTS is not showing any changes in my build. Does Insight need the full VIN or can you use the last 8 that VOTS sends?

Thanks,
Dave

Quote:

Originally Posted by verdugan (Post 1743832)
Insight needs the full VIN. Call Jeep's customer service and they can give it to you. I only had the last 8, but they gave me the full VIN.

1-877-426-5337
(877-IAM-JEEP)
M-F 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM ET
SAT 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET

FYI:

Checking your vehicle status ends 11/12

verdugan 11-14-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 1744674)

It's still working for me as of 2 mins ago.

gomersx4 11-16-2011 12:16 PM

It still worked for me as well-showing estimated delivery of 29th (scheduled for build on 9 Nov and still in D1).

Was originally ordered on 28 Oct, so looking at approximately a month total. Not too bad as I see some on here that have been in D1 a lot longer than this!

GunnerF16 11-17-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomersx4 (Post 1749601)
It still worked for me as well-showing estimated delivery of 29th (scheduled for build on 9 Nov and still in D1).

Was originally ordered on 28 Oct, so looking at approximately a month total. Not too bad as I see some on here that have been in D1 a lot longer than this!

gomersx4 (and all),

I just did a query and the site appears to be up and working. I ordered on 11/7, received my "in production" notice on 11/9, and insight shows arrival at the Phoenix distribution point on 11/29. Maybe it will arrive on my birthday :dance: 12/1!

Thanks for the help :thumb:.

Dave

PS: The Jeep customer service agent (Eric) was just great. I called to get my complete VIN; he confirmed my name and used the VOTS last 8 of the VIN to get the info.

mcrascal 11-17-2011 11:07 AM

The site finally worked for me too. But in Firefox, not IE.

I ordered 10/15. Got a call from the dealer on 11/7 saying that the Jeep was in D1 status.

Insight says:

Route Movements Event Date Location
Current Scheduled for Build (D1) 11/12/2011 05:44 AM CST Toledo Supplier Park, OH
Future Shuttled to Facility 11/28/2011 07:00 PM CST VASC - Toledo Nitro Creek Yard, OH

gomersx4 11-18-2011 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunnerF16 (Post 1751786)
gomersx4 (and all),

I just did a query and the site appears to be up and working. I ordered on 11/7, received my "in production" notice on 11/9, and insight shows arrival at the Phoenix distribution point on 11/29. Maybe it will arrive on my birthday :dance: 12/1!

Thanks for the help :thumb:.

Dave

PS: The Jeep customer service agent (Eric) was just great. I called to get my complete VIN; he confirmed my name and used the VOTS last 8 of the VIN to get the info.

GunnerF16,

Awesome! Looks like we're on the same approximate time line-let's see who gets there first! Arizona or Texas!

You are lookin' to get yours by your birthday & I'm lookin' to get mine prior to re deployment (same time frame).

Good luck!

FirstTimeJeeper 11-18-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomersx4 (Post 1754128)
GunnerF16,

Awesome! Looks like we're on the same approximate time line-let's see who gets there first! Arizona or Texas!

You are lookin' to get yours by your birthday & I'm lookin' to get mine prior to re deployment (same time frame).

Good luck!

I'm on approximately the same schedule also. Ordered 11/1, went to D1 11/9, insight shows deliver of 11/26. I'm in VA. the race is on! :dance:

gomersx4 11-18-2011 10:03 AM

So, there it is-race is on:
AZ vs. TX vs. VA

SoCalGSXR 11-19-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomersx4 (Post 1754418)
So, there it is-race is on:
AZ vs. TX vs. VA

Don't forget good ol' crazy Southern California! :D

I too checked insight after creeping around the site a bit (was looking for something better than VOTS because its been saying Production Scheduled for me since the 9th.) According to my dealer it should be here around the 1st-5th of december! :D :D

Current
Scheduled for Build (D1) 11/09/2011 06:35 AM CST Toledo Supplier Park, OH
Future
Loaded On Railcar 11/22/2011 01:00 AM CST Toledo Supplier Park, OH
Railcar - Interchanged 11/27/2011 09:00 AM CST Kansas City, KS
Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 12/01/2011 06:00 AM CST Mira Loma, CA
Unloaded From Railcar 12/01/2011 01:00 PM CST Mira Loma, CA


So yeah! Grats to the lucky first one! I'm so stoked!!

cbboard 11-19-2011 03:29 PM

i ordered on 10/28 as well. D1 11/9. KZ 11/19. ETA to dealer on 12/5.

Scheduled for Build (D1) 11/09/2011 07:35 AM EST Toledo Supplier Park, OH
Built - Pending Inspection (I) 11/19/2011 06:55 AM EST Toledo Supplier Park, OH
Plant Release (KZ) 11/19/2011 08:43 AM EST Toledo Supplier Park, OH
Current
In Bay At Facility 11/19/2011 11:16 AM EST Toledo Rail, OH
Future
Loaded On Railcar 11/20/2011 01:00 AM EST Toledo Supplier Park, OH
Railcar - Interchanged 11/22/2011 10:00 AM EST Chicago, IL
Railcar - Interchanged 11/23/2011 10:00 PM EST Chicago, IL
Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 11/28/2011 04:00 AM EST Oklahoma City, OK
Unloaded From Railcar 11/28/2011 09:00 PM EST Oklahoma City, OK
Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 12/05/2011 03:30 AM EST Oklahoma City, OK

RCS5017 11-19-2011 04:05 PM

"EST" is just that. Mine had a delivery estimate of 11/7/2011. It is still in the delivery rail yard, only 8 miles away. So don't count on the dates they mean very little.

Chigger 11-19-2011 04:36 PM

The girl at customer service says that I had an updated ship date, moved from 11/21, to today (11/19), but she doesn't show that it was shipped.

She added that the system is not updated every day. This update was done on Thursday to the system.

So who knows, with a little luck, I may have my Jeep by Thanksgiving.

I'm not counting on it though...

...But it would be nice.

Good luck everyone. And may al our waiting go quickly.

The good news is that withthe holiday coming up, this whole week is going to fly by.

cbboard 11-19-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCS5017 (Post 1757061)
"EST" is just that. Mine had a delivery estimate of 11/7/2011. It is still in the delivery rail yard, only 8 miles away. So don't count on the dates they mean very little.

yeah, i am afraid of that.

GunnerF16 11-20-2011 08:43 AM

This is great! :thumb: Looks like she is assembled, passed inspection and will be loaded on for delivery tomorrow!

Route Movements Event Date Location Completed

Scheduled for Build (D1) 11/09/2011 07:35 AM EST Toledo Supplier Park, OH
Built - Pending Inspection (I) 11/19/2011 08:16 AM EST Toledo Supplier Park, OH
Plant Release (KZ) 11/19/2011 08:44 AM EST Toledo Supplier Park, OH Current

In Bay At Facility 11/19/2011 11:29 AM EST Toledo Rail, OH Future

Loaded On Railcar 11/21/2011 01:00 AM EST Toledo Supplier Park, OH
Railcar - Interchanged 11/26/2011 05:00 PM EST Kansas City, KS
Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 11/30/2011 06:00 PM EST Phoenix, AZ
Unloaded From Railcar 12/01/2011 07:00 AM EST Phoenix, AZ
Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 12/05/2011 02:01 AM EST

(I hope that formatted alright :confused:)

gomersx4 - I sure hope yours arrives before you ship out so you can have a little time tearing up TX. Thank you for your service :appl:

Here is what I ordered: Rubicon Unlimited, Silver metallic (top and fenders body color), 24R, 4.10 rear end, 730N, Max tow, leather trim, side air bags, remote start, auto temp control, 5 speed auto.

Looks like we all have a very Merry Christmas: HO, HO, HO!

Dave

PS: look forward to seeing all the photos of our new rigs.

gomersx4 11-20-2011 10:24 AM

Okee dokee guys, the race is definitely on & good luck to all! Will be offline for a couple of days as I am headed home (Oh YEAHH)!

GunnerF16, I am actually finishing a deployment and most likely gonna' make it in about Thanksgiving and in time to receive, yup wait for it.......my new JK. Who wins at this moment is anyone's guess:)

Oh, and totally agree, everyone needs to come back here and post photos of the long wait being rewarded!

FirstTimeJeeper 11-20-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomersx4 (Post 1758562)
Okee dokee guys, the race is definitely on & good luck to all! Will be offline for a couple of days as I am headed home (Oh YEAHH)!

GunnerF16, I am actually finishing a deployment and most likely gonna' make it in about Thanksgiving and in time to receive, yup wait for it.......my new JK. Who wins at this moment is anyone's guess:)

Oh, and totally agree, everyone needs to come back here and post photos of the long wait being rewarded!

count me in on this race! my deliver details show delivery to my dealer on 12/5 also! i'm in Virginia just outside of Washington DC. WOOOOOOO! and coming out or turn one its............

:punk:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 AM.