Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   New Arctic Edition! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/new-arctic-edition-122765.html)

Phishe 11-14-2011 09:41 PM

New Arctic Edition!

I can't tell you how excited I am. I brought home the Arctic Edition on Saturday! I waited and waited, and finally, the vehicle of my dreams. And let me tell you, I love it.

Attachment 77637

Hidrorayo 11-14-2011 09:45 PM

Looks awesome :thumb:

It reminds me of a stormtrooper

http://www.2dayblog.com/images/2009/...mtrooper_1.jpg

:D

Rabblerouser 11-14-2011 09:46 PM

Sweet! You could deliver mail to Alaska in that.

Phishe 11-14-2011 09:52 PM

I hadn't thought about the storm trooper reference, but you're right. It does kind of have that look. Man, it's so much fun to drive. I was cruisin' around all day on Saturday. For the first time in my life, I was driving a vehicle that people were staring at. My car payment might be through the roof, but I don't care. I just love, love, love my Wrangler!

DarthJeep 11-14-2011 09:52 PM

Congrats. Let's see some more pics. Also Welcome to WF. Don't forget to Wave.

Phishe 11-14-2011 09:56 PM

More pics

Here are some photos I took at the dealership when I was buying it.

Dragonscape 11-14-2011 10:03 PM

Went and looked Saturday, local dealer, I was expecting it to be Winter Chill
So disappointed their version was Bright Silver...
The bright White of yours is much better looking
Enjoy, Enjoy

DarthJeep 11-14-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phishe
Here are some photos I took at the dealership when I was buying it.

Very nice. I dig the white accents on the inside and the hood decal on the white. The black rims really look sharp too.

Phishe 11-14-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthJeep (Post 1745546)
Very nice. I dig the white accents on the inside and the hood decal on the white. The black rims really look sharp too.

Yeah, I love the details of the Arctic. It's funny, I had already decided that I was going to order a white Sahara with the body color top. Then, a while back I read about the Arctic (but that it was only being released in Europe and Canada.) Then, out of the blue, I checked my local dealer's inventory on their website, and there's my Jeep, just waiting for me. Fate, baby.

And the Arctic is even more BA than the one that was in my mind. Like you said, I love the white trim, the black wheels, and the hood decal. I also really dig the orange stitching throughout the interior.

TroutSafari 11-14-2011 10:11 PM

Very nice looking Jeep. Congradulations :thumb:

Phishe 11-14-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroutSafari (Post 1745564)
Very nice looking Jeep. Congradulations :thumb:

Thanks! I feel like a little kid. My wife has really been taking advantage of my excitement too; sending me on errands just because she knows I want to spend time behind the wheel!

Phishe 11-14-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthJeep (Post 1745531)
Congrats. Let's see some more pics. Also Welcome to WF. Don't forget to Wave.

I definitely won't forget to wave! This is my 2nd Wrangler. I once had a beat up YJ ('95) and remember the wave very well. Of course, I've waived to 2 Jeeps since Saturday, and neither waved back...

TroutSafari 11-14-2011 10:21 PM

I seem to remember the spedo having a Yeti on it or something. When you get a chance post up a pic of the dash with the lights on. Are they done in the Arctic blue also?

ThisJk38 11-14-2011 10:24 PM

WOW!!! I have not been a fan at all of the colored top, but something about yours with the black wheels makes it look amazing. I saw an all white JKU last week and I didn't like it one bit, but yours is a beauty. I really like the hood decal, and love the white accents on the interior. If you dont mind me asking, what is the sticker price on these, or a JKU?

Phishe 11-14-2011 10:32 PM

Dash

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroutSafari (Post 1745589)
I seem to remember the spedo having a Yeti on it or something. When you get a chance post up a pic of the dash with the lights on. Are they done in the Arctic blue also?

I love that the Yeti's eyes glow in the dark!

Phishe 11-14-2011 10:33 PM

Sticker

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisJk38 (Post 1745597)
WOW!!! I have not been a fan at all of the colored top, but something about yours with the black wheels makes it look amazing. I saw an all white JKU last week and I didn't like it one bit, but yours is a beauty. I really like the hood decal, and love the white accents on the interior. If you dont mind me asking, what is the sticker price on these, or a JKU?

The sticker on mine was 34k.

Oh, and thanks! I think it looks so BA. Today, when I was walking out to the parking lot after work, I couldn't believe that she is mine.

ThisJk38 11-14-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phishe (Post 1745614)
The sticker on mine was 34k.

Oh, and thanks! I think it looks so BA. Today, when I was walking out to the parking lot after work, I couldn't believe that she is mine.

If this was Facebook I would like and then unlike then like and unlike over and over again just to flood your inbox with "like" notifications. This is a really a good looking rig. Now get her dirty.

mo1416 11-15-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phishe (Post 1745611)

Love it the white. Is that the check engine light on in your pic?

Lane24 11-15-2011 12:36 AM

Looks great!!! Very cool... literally....very cool.

cu in oz 11-15-2011 02:37 AM

REALLY nice!!! Love the white. The interior accents add to the look. Very nice indeed. Love the black wheels.........I'm not a fan of the painted tops and fenders but this looks "right".

Phishe 11-15-2011 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo1416
Love it the white. Is that the check engine light on in your pic?

Yes, but that's bc I didn't start the engine for the pic; just turned the key one click.

gixxerphil 11-15-2011 06:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lane24 (Post 1745770)
Looks great!!! Very cool... literally....very cool.

G.I.Barbie 11-15-2011 07:07 AM

Very nice. Congrats!!

kik 11-15-2011 08:15 AM

Nice. I didn't realize that they came in white also. I like the set up with the black wheels. It might seem corny but I even like the Yeti accents. If the eyes light up on the dash it's even better. Congrats. Very unique.

Phishe 11-15-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kik
Nice. I didn't realize that they came in white also. I like the set up with the black wheels. It might seem corny but I even like the Yeti accents. If the eyes light up on the dash it's even better. Congrats. Very unique.

I dig the yeti badge on the side panels and the seats, but didn't like the footprints on the fender and hood. I actually had the dealer remove those. I felt a little bad about removing something that's only on this edition, but I did think it looked kind of cheesy. End of the day, though, she's mine, so there's no wrong way to customize her.

matthew87 11-15-2011 08:58 AM

i bought one in silver last week. i like the white interior, it really pops and the seats are heavy duty

i paid 33k for mine... i consider it a steal. a bare bones white shara has a sticker price of 31k where i live

Phishe 11-15-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew87
i bought one in silver last week. i like the white interior, it really pops and the seats are heavy duty

i paid 33k for mine... i consider it a steal. a bare bones white shara has a sticker price of 31k where i live

Got any pics of the silver? Congrats, man. It's a wild ride, isn't it?

Sjeupie 11-15-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phishe (Post 1745611)

Hahaha that's a nice detail! Great stuff!:D

C2U5H 11-15-2011 10:00 AM

I usually don't like the "sticker package" edition that Jeep puts out every year, but they're really stepping up their game with the COD:MW3 and Arctic editions for the 2012. Little things like the yeti's eyes on the tach make it really neat, and the white is the only color I like with matching top and fenders. Looks great. The black Moabs look sweet as well ... wish I could've gotten black Moabs on my Rubi. You'd think, though, that with this being a "winter"-oriented JK that they'd put the Duratracs or another aggressive AT on it ... MTs aren't generally considered great in the snow, especially the KM due to its lack of siping. I can't complain about it — when we had a short 4" storm roll through a couple weeks ago the KMs handled beautifully.

matthew87 11-15-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phishe (Post 1746355)
Got any pics of the silver? Congrats, man. It's a wild ride, isn't it?

im sorry i dont have a camera

the black and silver go really nice together
on silver its harder to see the foot prints and the mopar hood decal looks good with silver.

the engine has plenty of pep imo and i like the rubicon suspension and handling. coming from a truck...backing up is different lol. its so weird not looking down the truck's bed. my brother has a 2011 and was mad how nice it drove compared to his

i love the turning radius, i dont have to do a k-turn for a u-turn..lol