Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Canada Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f119/)
-   -   Canadian Orders take Back Burner? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f119/canadian-orders-take-back-burner-123494.html)

JustMike 11-19-2011 05:29 PM

Canadian Orders take Back Burner?

Ordered my JKUR on Oct 17th and still no VIN! I have been watching this thread http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/how...ost1757152here and there's guys ordering way after me ( South of the border ) and will be getting their Jeeps before the end of Nov or even 1st week in Dec. This tells me it is true that Canadian orders take the back burner from Jeep... Not very Fair IMHO!
This is frustrating .:banghead:

OttawaDodgeChryslerJeep 11-22-2011 04:46 PM

Delayed orders

I hear what you're saying...Canada sells less cars than California and gets its respective share of production. Wranglers are hot and production for Canada cant keep up. We are now placing orders for production in January and February so if your order hasn't scheduled, it likely wont be built before then.

Best bet is to check dealer inventories to see if they have what you are looking for. I'm not sure what part of the country you're in, but I could certainly try to help you out if you want.

http://www.ottawachryslerjeep.com

johnnykuta 11-22-2011 06:49 PM

i ordered Sept 13th, got my VIN a few weeks ago, called the dealer and they said its in D status. Meaning it hasn't been built yet. They told me, maybe another 45 days. So originally it was 60-90 days, now its looking longer than that.

JustMike 11-24-2011 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OttawaDodgeChryslerJeep (Post 1764693)
I hear what you're saying...Canada sells less cars than California and gets its respective share of production. Wranglers are hot and production for Canada cant keep up. We are now placing orders for production in January and February so if your order hasn't scheduled, it likely wont be built before then.

Best bet is to check dealer inventories to see if they have what you are looking for. I'm not sure what part of the country you're in, but I could certainly try to help you out if you want.

http://www.ottawachryslerjeep.com

I'm in NL but my dealer keeps me updated best they can. It's my understanding only sold orders will be filled at the moment and dealer orders take the other back burner behind us. There isn't a loaded up model to my specs anywhere in Canada right now so that's the problem, we've checked, but much appreciated for the offer...:thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnykuta (Post 1764999)
i ordered Sept 13th, got my VIN a few weeks ago, called the dealer and they said its in D status. Meaning it hasn't been built yet. They told me, maybe another 45 days. So originally it was 60-90 days, now its looking longer than that.

:doh:
You are just getting a VIN after 2 months? Holy Fack!:eek: How long is this going to Take?:banghead:

Great White North 11-27-2011 10:13 AM

Mine was ordered on Oct 19 still no vin but I pick her up on tuesday. I checked with the dealer on Monday no luck and get a call on Saturday saying its in. Check your dealer web site, if its up and says its in transit then you might have some luck.

JustMike 01-08-2012 11:25 AM

84 days tomorrow and nada!

johnnykuta 01-09-2012 01:28 PM

I ordered on Sept 13th. I followed up with the dealership regularly until December at which point i gave up. I have heard nothing since i stopped calling. I plan to go to the dealer (Destination Chrysler in North Vancouver) and cancel my order, and perhaps order with another dealer.

JustMike 01-10-2012 04:43 PM

If you want to order from another dealer you could wait til summer for delivery, so you might as well stick it out and see what happens. I've heard from a reliable source Jan/Feb will be production months for us Canadian customers, and another run in April/May, so either way it should be built soon...
I'd wait and keep on their case!

johnnykuta 02-01-2012 09:24 PM

Well, the dealer finally called, and they hadn't forgot about me - just crazy long wait time! about 4 months! So i now have a 2012 Jeep Rubicon 4 door unlimited. Mods starting next week!

Juancho 02-02-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnykuta (Post 1984995)
Well, the dealer finally called, and they hadn't forgot about me - just crazy long wait time! about 4 months! So i now have a 2012 Jeep Rubicon 4 door unlimited. Mods starting next week!

let see some pics..!!!

congrats..!! and enjoy your new Jeep Rubicon..!!

johnnykuta 02-07-2012 07:20 PM

I started a build thread here -

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/joh...ad-137323.html

Griffman 02-16-2012 07:11 PM

I ordered on Jan 14th, I have a VIN, but no movement other than that. Its 4 weeks in. Looks like some of you have been waiting a really long time. Do they really only run canadian orders at certain times?

Im from Mississauga, ontario.... the wait is driving me nuts!

Lisasjeep 02-18-2012 04:44 PM

We ordered Sept. 26th, got vin around end of Nov. got our jeep Feb. 7th. I think anyone who cancels their order and re-orders will simply never own a jeep lol

Sunflour 04-19-2012 02:24 PM

I ordered mine 3/19 and I see some in the US have had delivery already and 1 month later I still dont even have my VIN yet.. so yeah I would guess they only build for Canada at certin times.
I just Hate this waiting game. The weather is getting nicer and every time I see a Jeep on the road its like a punch in the chest.. I want my Jeep

Stak Attack 04-24-2012 06:18 PM

You are not alone Sunflour, we should start a support group for those like us waiting, and waiting, and waiting.......I want mine too! It's been three weeks for me, and still waiting for a VIN#.

Tustin8r 05-05-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stak Attack (Post 2298411)
You are not alone Sunflour, we should start a support group for those like us waiting, and waiting, and waiting.......I want mine too! It's been three weeks for me, and still waiting for a VIN#.

Ordered March 28
Dealer Delivery April 24

Must be the options you ordered

Sunflour 05-05-2012 09:09 AM

JKU, auto, deep cheery red, tow, two tops that is all...
I finally got my VIN
Hope it comes soon.

Tustin8r 05-06-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunflour (Post 2337136)
JKU, auto, deep cheery red, tow, two tops that is all...
I finally got my VIN
Hope it comes soon.

Must be a dealer allocation issue as mine has several additional options.
4.10 gears, Leather seats and auto start.

Did you order a Rubicon? There is a Deep Cherry Red Sahara JKU at South West Jeep in London if you want to see one.

Sunflour 05-06-2012 08:56 AM

Order Sahara unlimited.. Stopped but the dealer they said I might be here next weekend :-)

Stak Attack 05-16-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunflour
Order Sahara unlimited.. Stopped but the dealer they said I might be here next weekend :-)

Hi Sunflour, any luck yet? My rubi showed up earlier than expected.......oh she is so worth the wait, I cannot stop smiling every time I get in, still have to pinch myself to believe that I finally have my jeep!

Sunflour 05-21-2012 06:23 PM

Picked her up Thursday .. Couldnt be happier :-D

V-Man 05-25-2012 11:54 PM

Purchased my first Wrangler Unlimited Altitude, Manual, Dark Cherry Red today.

Pick up Next week. Any advice for the newbie?:punk:

jetporsche928 06-11-2012 01:59 PM

2013 orders

Waiting to order a JKU 2013 in B.C.......anyone know when the orders might open?....The US has been ordering since June 4th.

OttawaDodgeChryslerJeep 06-13-2012 10:11 AM

2013 ordering is available in canada

funny how you know they are ordering in the US...ordering is open in Canada for 2013 models too. Maybe you need to be dealing with an up-to-date dealership in Ontario - Ottawa Dodge Chrysler Jeep at 900 St Laurent is the official Web site for the best deals on new and used cars, trucks, SUVs, and Fiat in Orleans Kanata Gatineau Hull Manotick Greely! !!!!

jetporsche928 06-14-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OttawaDodgeChryslerJeep (Post 2467923)
funny how you know they are ordering in the US...ordering is open in Canada for 2013 models too. Maybe you need to be dealing with an up-to-date dealership in Ontario - Ottawa Dodge Chrysler Jeep at 900 St Laurent is the official Web site for the best deals on new and used cars, trucks, SUVs, and Fiat in Orleans Kanata Gatineau Hull Manotick Greely! !!!!

Check out the main US wrangler forum and the 2013 thread....40 pages of the 2013 colors, options, build codes, discounts, etc.....im a BC boy, ill find a good llocal dealer.

OttawaDodgeChryslerJeep 06-15-2012 09:37 AM

That definitely makes sense...go to your preferred dealership anytime to place your order. Just be aware that pricing is not available yet so you would be placing an order not knowing what the final price will be

CDR 06-30-2012 02:18 PM

Dissed on the CALL of Duty

Yah I put an order in for 2012 Call of Duty in November 2011, I was told 200 were coming into Canada wasnt till approx January I was told none were coming to Canada. Now I see they have some in Canada. And this was by a dealer. I ended up buying a Rubicon no regrets but WM3 is what I would have wanted.

meeaspapa 09-11-2012 06:00 PM

Newbie to the forum, so I am not sure if I am posting this in the right spot...
I am thinking about ordering a 2013 Wrangler Sahara. I am wondering what the usual procedure for ordering from a dealer is..the amount of the deposit etc. I am in BC.

Thanks

Matty87 09-11-2012 11:18 PM

I went to the dealer and made an order, ordered it August 17th and they said they dont start making them till October, that im looking at mid november to get it.they made me leave a $1000 deposit.

meeaspapa 09-12-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnykuta
I ordered on Sept 13th. I followed up with the dealership regularly until December at which point i gave up. I have heard nothing since i stopped calling. I plan to go to the dealer (Destination Chrysler in North Vancouver) and cancel my order, and perhaps order with another dealer.

If you cancel do you lose your deposit?